As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    When my wife calls me a nerd it's a day that ends in Y

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    When my wife calls me a nerd it's a day that ends in Y

To be fair to your wife...

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    first day back in classes after spring break. i mostly spent it drinking and playing video games. also saw the lego movie, which was excellent.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i should watch the wire but it would be a hard sell with frankie

Every third word on The Wire is the f-bomb.
    Sometimes it's every word.
    *cannot link youtube scene due to dead girl titties*

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

The second is direct filesystem access. If I download a file - say, a PDF - I know exactly where that file is on my device and I can easily attach it to an email or open it up in the app of my choice.

This is a big reason I don't use Apple products anymore. Dealing with their weird OS philosophy irritates me.

iOS diehards will say "Most users don't need that"

but like I said

"I downloaded a file. Where is it?" is easily the #2 most common support question I get from iPhone users (right after 'how do I add my work email?')

Simple workflows like:
    - Download .DOCX from corporate intranet
    - Make change to .DOCX in Pages
    - Upload .DOCX back to corporate intranet

Nope.gif

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Still though, the fact that at this point the best way to get a physical keyboard is to buy an accessory

and iPhone has a far more extensive accessory market

means that iPhone is probably going to suit my needs better for the next few years

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    so i mentioned it to her and frankie told me that she would make fun of me a ton if i played internet dungeons and dragons

rude!

you should play anyway

she said she would not play fair and that every time we went out she would make a big show of asking me whether i'd rather be back at home playing internet d&d.

she told me that she has been biding her time for an opportunity like this for years, what with all the shit i give her for her terrible entertainment choices.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Still though, the fact that at this point the best way to get a physical keyboard is to buy an accessory

means that iPhone is probably going to suit my needs better for the next few years

For what it's worth, I've never seen a review for a phone BT keyboard that was any good. All the good ones are for iPads.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Such a self hating nerd Will is

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    surette wrote: »
    first day back in classes after spring break. i mostly spent it drinking and playing video games. also saw the lego movie, which was excellent.

where did u go for spring break?

i was in puerto rico a few weeks ago. it was a nice change from the weather around here.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    oh my god, this company wants to schedule a third interview this time with their president. i was hoping they had forgotten about me. i think maybe going there might be a terrible move but if they made a really good offer then I would have to give it serious consideration. This isn't a humblebrag by the way!

a5ehren wrote: »

For what it's worth, I've never seen a review for a phone BT keyboard that was any good. All the good ones are for iPads.

bleh

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    guys guys i don't know if you know this but true detective is a really good show

okay so is true detective over forever

or is it just on season hiatus

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    so i mentioned it to her and frankie told me that she would make fun of me a ton if i played internet dungeons and dragons

rude!

you should play anyway

she said she would not play fair and that every time we went out she would make a big show of asking me whether i'd rather be back at home playing internet d&d.

she told me that she has been biding her time for an opportunity like this for years, what with all the shit i give her for her terrible entertainment choices.

i mean

if i were her, this is probably the way i would also aim to be an emotional terrorist

smart girl

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

rude!

you should play anyway

dang

the big guns

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

Season hiatus. But next season will be a different cast and story.

Thomamelas on

every season is standalone with new cast, setting, etc.

so this iteration is over

Wqdwp8l.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Pretty sure it's just between seasons now.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

as far as i know, it has not been renewed yet but Nick Pizza is getting people together and writing stuff and HBO would be crazy not to renew it

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Make sure to take the cone off before the interview or he might think your irresponsible.

Bless your heart.

They haven't officially announced Season 2, but the writer is working on scripts. There will be a different cast, setting, story, etc.

Yo, Chu, I got your message this afternoon. Sorry i didn't notice it earlier...

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I am raging at my stupid Motorola razr all the time now and the more it doesn't work, the more my iPhone 4S work work just continues to do all the standard shit I need.

It is pissing me off because I like android OS more but fuck's sake, when your options are "fumble around for the fucking PowerPoint for a while" and "phone literally will not come out of sleep for 60 seconds, every key press takes 20s, browser crashes inexplicably all the time"

I am unhappy with my current leanings.

How is the google wallet app on iOS?

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Next season of True Detective will pair Martin Lawrence with Zach Braff. Martin Lawrence will be playing a female detective.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Twitter for me is about 50% restaurants, cafes and pubs, then the balance reporters, comedians and politicians. It gets confusing sometimes

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

rude!

you should play anyway

Sounds like a challenge to me.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Im tired, I think I'm just going to skip class today.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I hate people typing the dudes name wrong. Show some respect! Or do what I do and never use his name.

I was never a fan of Shyamalan but I learned to spell his damn name.

Sorry... Pet peeve I guess. Also I'm hungry so I'm LASHING OUT

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    spool32 wrote: »

I am raging at my stupid Motorola razr all the time now and the more it doesn't work, the more my iPhone 4S work work just continues to do all the standard shit I need.

It is pissing me off because I like android OS more but fuck's sake, when your options are "fumble around for the fucking PowerPoint for a while" and "phone literally will not come out of sleep for 60 seconds, every key press takes 20s, browser crashes inexplicably all the time"

Depends on what you use it for, probably. iPhones don't have NFC, so the utility would seem to be limited...

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Will if you really liked the non superhero parts of Hawkeye you should try the stuff Ed Brubaker has been doing with Sean Phillips. Criminal, a straight crime book, and Fatale, Cthulhu noir. Also, like Dyna says, Saga.

Also his new spy book, Velvet.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I feel TD is getting hyperbolized at the moment due to its freshness

It's great but I'm not so quick to throw it in the hall of fame, I felt it stalled out a liiiittle bit down the stretch

Yeah, I enjoyed the finale and thought it was a relatively satisfying 8 hours of TV, but I'm steering clear of the actual thread because I had mixed feelings about the series on the whole and anything other than wholehearted praise doesn't seem particularly welcome in there.

Happens in most tv threads I feel like

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    oh god the ice cream van with the broken speaker system is back

all pumping out discordant off-key nursery rhyme melodies like it just rolled out of silent hill or something

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I hate people typing the dudes name wrong. Show some respect! Or do what I do and never use his name.

I agree with that for most people.

For me, misspelling Shamalamadingdong's name is intentional.

He made the Movie That Shall Not Be Named and ruined all chances of getting a good live action Avatar movie.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh my god George Zimmerman is reprehensible.

really i just take every possible opportunity, however thin the justification, to use the word pizzone

Wqdwp8l.png
    spool32 wrote: »

is your razr rooted?

installing cyanogenmod improves the android experience immensely

mostly by removing carrier-installed crap!

Bogart wrote: »
    Will if you really liked the non superhero parts of Hawkeye you should try the stuff Ed Brubaker has been doing with Sean Phillips. Criminal, a straight crime book, and Fatale, Cthulhu noir. Also, like Dyna says, Saga.

Also his new spy book, Velvet.

i picked up the first saga trade and i enjoyed it. i'll look into the others.

Wqdwp8l.png
    Delmain wrote: »

I agree with that for most people.

For me, misspelling Shamalamadingdong's name is intentional.

He made the Movie That Shall Not Be Named and ruined all chances of getting a good live action Avatar movie.

James Cameron made the good Avatar movie, FYI.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Really? My wife's just happy I'm getting to socialize.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
This discussion has been closed.