As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh my god George Zimmerman is reprehensible.

The people lining up for his autograph are similarly astonishing.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i think the people who want his autograph are worse

i mean, he is most likely getting paid to be there

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    oh god the ice cream van with the broken speaker system is back

all pumping out discordant off-key nursery rhyme melodies like it just rolled out of silent hill or something

You best hope you're not that unfortunate guy in a random Dr. Who cold opening

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I hate people typing the dudes name wrong. Show some respect! Or do what I do and never use his name.

I was never a fan of Shyamalan but I learned to spell his damn name.

Sorry... Pet peeve I guess. Also I'm hungry so I'm LASHING OUT

I agree with that for most people.

For me, misspelling Shamalamadingdong's name is intentional.

He made the Movie That Shall Not Be Named and ruined all chances of getting a good live action Avatar movie.

James Cameron made the good Avatar movie, FYI.

As much as I hate Dances with Smurfs, the fact that it's the better Avatar movie that came out that year is irrefutable.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Though I've never watched any of the CSI shows, I've an inkling TD might be the anti-CSI.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    okay so is true detective over forever

or is it just on season hiatus

as far as i know, it has not been renewed yet but Nick Pizza is getting people together and writing stuff and HBO would be crazy not to renew it

Yeah, they'll certainly be bringing it back, but they're probably holding off on the announcement until they hammer out the basics of the new story/setting and get some new actors locked down.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wanna shave

Expose pesky hairy areas to localized doses of 300 rem or more of radiation for pain free epilation

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    *wheeze* *cough* my people....need to let their bitchiness out

@organichu

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Expose pesky hairy areas to localized doses of 300 rem or more of radiation for pain free epilation

radiation poisoning is your answer to everything

Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I like this idea of a new story arc every season.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm so excited for this thursday.

Gonna give my resume to peeps. Gonna try and get a jerb.

maybe next season True Detective will get a little weirder and by Season 3 there will be dragons

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Have laser on Friday.

Gotta have some hair showing so they know where to fire.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

Incidentally they were wearing white hoods.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

American Horror story does it too I think. I didn't finish the first season though. shotgunned like 90% of the episodes and then just stopped.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

radiation poisoning is your answer to everything

It's my 1 weird trick I want everyone to know about

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Bogart wrote: »

Incidentally they were wearing white hoods.

but you don't wear them inside

or so I hear

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Although I didn't really want a new phone, mine is getting pretty dated and if I wanted to keep using it I'd need a new battery at bare minimum (current life expectancy for no calls no internet no use at all just being on: 12-16 hours before full charge to dead).

Thinking of a Nexus 5.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Have laser on Friday.

Gotta have some hair showing so they know where to fire.

Now I'm picturing the laser tech with a jaunty admiral's hat and a cutlass shouting "Ready! Aim! Fire!"

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Ludious wrote: »
    maybe next season True Detective will get a little weirder and by Season 3 there will be dragons

this is the only way to satisfy certain demographics

the real killer was chthulu all along

Wqdwp8l.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Although I didn't really want a new phone, mine is getting pretty dated and if I wanted to keep using it I'd need a new battery at bare minimum (current life expectancy for no calls no internet no use at all just being on: 12-16 hours before full charge to dead).

Thinking of a Nexus 5.

I have a N5 and like it. First Android phone I've owned that I didn't feel the need to root (including my Nexus 4, which needed a 3rd party kernel to keep from heat-suiciding itself).

Dynagrip wrote: »

American Horror story does it too I think. I didn't finish the first season though. shotgunned like 90% of the episodes and then just stopped.

i think that AHS recycles a lot of maybe all of the cast

frankie was watching the new season the other day and it had sylar and that dude from the practice all trying out really terrible boston accents

Wqdwp8l.png

this is the only way to satisfy certain demographics

the real killer was chthulu all along

That's the spinoff series, Gibbering Detective

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

frankie was watching the new season the other day and it had sylar and that dude from the practice all trying out really terrible boston accents
    aren't all boston accents terrible

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I'm basically hate reading Infinite Jest at this point. It's not that I don't like it, I do, it's just not exactly a fun holiday read.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Ok, I like it. Very athmospheric, great cast.

Plus, HBO has a knack for great intros.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    lots of ccw dudes treat the whole thing (defending yourself with a weapon i mean) to be a profound moral good. despite hte horribly racist spirit permeating gunnuttery, i'm sure many of those dudes are not especially concerned with martin's race. they are just awed to be shaking the hand of the dude who they think lived through their fantasy/paraphilic fear

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Ahahaha!

Just had my dispatcher ask me how to spell satellite so I told him and he proceeded to say "Shouldn't it be two t's at the end and one l?" He goes and runs a spell check and 'lo and behold guess who was right? This guy.

And his response is "Huh...and I minored in writing in university" to which I respond with "Yeah, and I was in IT. GUESS WHO'S THE FUCKING GRAMMAR RANGER NOW?"

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    skooples that autism thing was a real good read

tho' the whole way through i just had this kind of overwhelming sadness because that kid has two professional journalists for parents, one of whom has won a pulitzer

my mind immediately goes to the many kids who don't have intelligent, proactive parents like that

real heart warming case tho :)

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Ahahaha!

Just had my dispatcher ask me how to spell satellite so I told him and he proceeded to say "Shouldn't it be two t's at the end and one l?" He goes and runs a spell check and 'lo and behold guess who was right? This guy.

And his response is "Huh...and I minored in writing in university" to which I respond with "Yeah, and I was in IT. GUESS WHO'S THE FUCKING GRAMMAR RANGER NOW?"

Go go Grammar Rangers.

Chanus wrote: »
    I'm basically hate reading Infinite Jest at this point. It's not that I don't like it, I do, it's just not exactly a fun holiday read.

i only lasted about 150 pages

Wqdwp8l.png
    go go grammar rangers, you mighty mnemonic grammar rangers

man you are from houston

pot kettle etc

Wqdwp8l.png
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    surette wrote: »
    first day back in classes after spring break. i mostly spent it drinking and playing video games. also saw the lego movie, which was excellent.

where did u go for spring break?

i was in puerto rico a few weeks ago. it was a nice change from the weather around here.
    nowhere special, just hung out in Boston. we actually had a couple days of warm weather though (warm being 40s-50s, which is a nice break from the 20s).

Henroid and I are on the same page.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Ugh, this is the blurst

Pretty much all the processes I maintain shoot out e-mails automatically at various points in their lifecycle as status updates -- but our mail server went down this morning and is I guess being rebuilt.

Only some of these processes continue after an exception in sending out mail, so my status page is just filled with failure messages but I have to actually go to the build server to read the logs since I can't read the e-mails they are generating which probably just say that they are broken because they can't generate e-mails.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I hate people typing the dudes name wrong. Show some respect! Or do what I do and never use his name.

I was never a fan of Shyamalan but I learned to spell his damn name.

Sorry... Pet peeve I guess. Also I'm hungry so I'm LASHING OUT

you mad?

Watch ya mouth ked last time a dude made fun of my accent outside a packie in southie I fakkin cracked a beeah bottle over his head get outta heah guy

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Henroid and I are on the same page.

I'm as pleased as I am terrified.

This discussion has been closed.