As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    surette wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    first day back in classes after spring break. i mostly spent it drinking and playing video games. also saw the lego movie, which was excellent.

where did u go for spring break?

i was in puerto rico a few weeks ago. it was a nice change from the weather around here.
    nowhere special, just hung out in Boston. we actually had a couple days of warm weather though (warm being 40s-50s, which is a nice break from the 20s).

yeah i saw you mention that you went to gourmet dumpling in chinatown. that place is great. you should try peach farm next time you're in the neighborhood.

the weather is pretty nice today and last week was p good as well. with any luck winter this year is about wrapped up now and we won't have winter-in-may again.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    It was a hahpoon too

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Part of me wants to find the absolute best prepaid cell plan I can, switch carriers since I'm out of contract, get a phone from google directly and root / install / whatever accordingly so I have a cheap plan and a "pure" device

and part of me knows I have a kinda-cheap plan right now since I lowered my rate while out of contract and I could just walk over to the Verizon store and have a new phone over lunch

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    something i notice a lot of philly/jersey/nyc tough guys and guidos doing is 'cuz' and 'dood'

i hate them both

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Elldren‌

I am shocked, shocked to find that a Jesuit school would combine basketball and gambling into an online course for distance learning.

http://www.sju.edu/int/academics/pls/programs/certificate/bracketology.html

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    peach farm is the best hth @surette‌

poo
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    first day back in classes after spring break. i mostly spent it drinking and playing video games. also saw the lego movie, which was excellent.

i was in puerto rico a few weeks ago. it was a nice change from the weather around here.
    nowhere special, just hung out in Boston. we actually had a couple days of warm weather though (warm being 40s-50s, which is a nice break from the 20s).

yeah i saw you mention that you went to gourmet dumpling in chinatown. that place is great. you should try peach farm next time you're in the neighborhood.

the weather is pretty nice today and last week was p good as well. with any luck winter this year is about wrapped up now and we won't have winter-in-may again.
    yeah it was my first time going there and I loved it. I'll keep peach farm in mind, thanks for the recommendation. and yeah I'm done with being cold all the time, didn't end up going snowboarding at all this year which is a bummer but oh well, there will be more winters.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    something i notice a lot of philly/jersey/nyc tough guys and guidos doing is 'cuz' and 'dood'

i hate them both

Boston is the dood guy ked trifecta

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Part of me wants to find the absolute best prepaid cell plan I can, switch carriers since I'm out of contract, get a phone from google directly and root / install / whatever accordingly so I have a cheap plan and a "pure" device

and part of me knows I have a kinda-cheap plan right now since I lowered my rate while out of contract and I could just walk over to the Verizon store and have a new phone over lunch

guy I used to work with switched to I believe Walmart's pre-paid plan when he got his nexus 5, seemed happy with them.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Today is a year since I started performing standup comedy.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Philly's basically where we dump people not even good enough for Jersey

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

i hate them both

one of the affectionate nicknames for boston townies is "yah doods"

Wqdwp8l.png
    Tav wrote: »

*thump* *thump*

is this thing on?

Wqdwp8l.png

south jersey is the worst

i'm willing to accept that north jersey is pretty cool and central jersey has a lot of wealthy old people but

south jersey is where upper middle class philly people move to when they turn 45 then they die alone in their subdivisions or drive to philly for entertainment

yeah it was my first time going there and I loved it. I'll keep peach farm in mind, thanks for the recommendation. and yeah I'm done with being cold all the time, didn't end up going snowboarding at all this year which is a bummer but oh well, there will be more winters.

yuh i only did like 4 days this year

fkn weak

poo
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

*thump* *thump*

is this thing on?

It's a really long set.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule

south jersey is the worst

i'm willing to accept that north jersey is pretty cool and central jersey has a lot of wealthy old people but

south jersey is where upper middle class philly people move to when they turn 45 then they die alone in their subdivisions or drive to philly for entertainment

Aside from some ok beaches south jersey blows

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

holy crap @skippydumptruck that was wonderful

No sidekick gets left behind!

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

i hate them both

Boston is the dood guy ked trifecta

haha the fakkin ked bullied me in kid-ner-gahden

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Ugh, this is the blurst

Pretty much all the processes I maintain shoot out e-mails automatically at various points in their lifecycle as status updates -- but our mail server went down this morning and is I guess being rebuilt.

Only some of these processes continue after an exception in sending out mail, so my status page is just filled with failure messages but I have to actually go to the build server to read the logs since I can't read the e-mails they are generating which probably just say that they are broken because they can't generate e-mails.

oh, that is awful

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    ok will i was thinking of adding thigh meat to this spring lettuce/spinach mix i have

how do i make balsamic vinaigrette

ratios?

do i need to chop up garlic/onions or can i just do s+p

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    boston colloquialisms are wicked awesome

spool32 wrote: »

jason todd would like to argue about that but he's a bit beside himself at the moment

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i
    shit
    you
    knot

Tav, you just can't compete with that.

Bless your heart.
    ok will i was thinking of adding thigh meat to this spring lettuce/spinach mix i have

ratios?

o dis guy

makin a dressin now huh

poo
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

ratios?

Generally 3:1 oil to vinegar ratio. But live on the wild side Chu. Go with 2:1 or even 1:1 if you dare. A little salt and pepper is good. Half a teaspoon per cup.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    sWrttSw.jpg

This made me laugh much harder then I think I should have at work.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

jason todd would like to argue about that but he's a bit beside himself at the moment

Can we really make those jokes anymore given the "New 52" status quo?

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook

ratios?

CHu you do it like this:

basic ratio is 4 oil to 1 vinegar, and INTENSE STIRRING to blend. If you want to add pepper or other things, do that when you stir. If you want to add garlic, dice it and saute it in oil, then use the garlic AND the oil as your base.

ratios?

all you strictly need for a vinaigrette is oil + vinegar. I like chopped garlic or shallot but it's not necessary. s+p make it better IMO.

i use 1:1 oil:vinegar. many sources recommend 3:2 or 2:1, but i guess i prefer it a little more tart.

note that this is with red wine or sherry vinegar. i don't really care for balsamic.

also if you have any dijon mustard around a little bit of that is a nice addition to a vinaigrette.

Wqdwp8l.png
    Thomamelas wrote: »

ratios?

Generally 3:1 oil to vinegar ratio. But live on the wild side Chu. Go with 2:1 or even 1:1 if you dare. A little salt and pepper is good. Half a teaspoon per cup.

you're mad! 4:1 is enough for any man!

Don't fly too close to the sun, chu.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    STIRRING INTENSIFIES

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Gonmun wrote: »

Can we really make those jokes anymore given the "New 52" status quo?

didn't they kill a robin in the new 52 as well

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It's hardly the seasons but I'm doing ratatouille. Look at my devil may care attitude.

(It's going to be humdrum due to flavourless winter tomatoes and courgettes)

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited March 2014

ratios?

o dis guy

makin a dressin now huh

dat fukkin ked

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    you guys are vinegar insanity up ins

Boston is basically the worst