As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diablo 3 - Patch 2.1 right now! Great Rifts! Gems! Seasons now!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited August 2014 in Social Entropy++
vj9qG8w.jpg
wait not quite

h5xEHFV.jpg
there we go

Okay so - there is a new Diablo expansion coming out and it has a whole bunch of new crap in it!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/
Act 5 - a new act, new quests, new story!
A whole new class, the Crusader!
Reach level 70, get a new active skill and have four passive skills at once!
Being able to change the look of items with Transmogrify!
Being able to re-roll stats and item affixes with the Enchantress!
Adventure mode & Bounties - You never have to play through the story again!
Gamble for legendaries with Blood Shards!
Exclamation marks!

If you want to get a sneak peak at what's been going on and you haven't been playing for a while, Blizzard updated Diablo 3 vanilla to patch 2.0 last week, and that's added a bunch of fun new things:

Class rebalances - skills have been reworked, new builds are possible
Loot 2.0 - items are now more likely to have stats relevant to the class you're playing, and items themselves have been revamped with new legendary abilities and set bonuses
New Paragon systems - You now share paragon points between all of your characters, and you can pick which bonuses they provide

NO MORE AUCTION HOUSE - it's going, it's pretty much gone! As is trading in most cases. If you want good loot, you better be ready to farm for it!

Let's get our click on. Click click click click.

Brolo on

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Future home of battletags or something? Try and join clan TMH (The Merch Hungers), it's got a bunch of SE++ and G&T players in it.

EDIT:
    Apparently the cap is actually 150 players, so there is still some room in the PA Clan, The Merch Hungers. Add one of us to your friends list and we can invite you to the clan:
    HexDex: HexDex#1281
    Aumni: Aumni#1978
    HooverFan: HooverFish#1668
    Matz: Furie#1280
    Noggin: Noggin#1936

The Community, PAF, has nearly unlimited space and everyone is welcome to join. Open the Community window in the bottom right, Click Find and search for PAF. You'll see that HooverFish is the leader and can simply click "Join Community". You will not automatically enter Community chat when you log in, but you can click the Chat button in the Communities window and enter it manually for now.

Brolo on
  • Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    I should get around to beating Vanilla. I was displaced when it came out, so by the time I was ready to play, everyone I know was maxed out and not interested.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    that boxart is amazing

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    hail satan

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Thanks to the 50% bonus xp buff, I finally got my first character (barbarian) to level 60

This is game is (more) fun now, unlike when I played it at launch

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    hail satan

Ha I just got an email from Amazon whose subject was:
    How many stars would you give 'Satan Worshipping Doom'?

That album from Bongripper was only $2.99 and is Diablo approved.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Eh, of course the second legendary ceremonial knife I get has a neat unique property, but mediocre stats otherwise

16pofl.jpg

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    hail satan

so wheres the place to farm in storymode @60 right now

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Some people are just clearing Crypt of the Ancients over and over, if you're into monotony...

I've heard good things about Arreat Crater and Keeps 2 in co-op games, but I mostly just jump into whatever act I'm not feeling bored of at the moment

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Damn it, why did you show that Diablo 2 art. I'm still mad the Crusader is pale as hell because it means I can't pretend he's a D2 paladin.

YL9WnCY.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Some friends coaxed me into giving this another try recently.

Long story short I now have RoS preordered, and I hit 60 with my first character last night, a Witch Doctor.

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Most recently have been going through act 3 on expert with my DH (finally at lvl 60), just got to Arreat Creater. Debating whether to bump it up to master or not. Homing rockets are the bestest with strafe.

Also I'm assuming when the expansion launches your level 60 characters stop getting paragon points, but you keep the ones youve earned so far?

CptKemzik on
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ya, earning paragon xp will move to lvl 70 but the points are always available, even on a new level 1.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Damn it, why did you show that Diablo 2 art. I'm still mad the Crusader is pale as hell because it means I can't pretend he's a D2 paladin.

The Crusader fiction apparently says that the Crusaders started out as a special group of Paladins!

Crusader story spoilers
    Apparently what happened is the original Crusaders took apprentices who, when the Crusader they trained under died, would take up their sword and their name. This continued on and now the Crusader you play is supposedly a "descendent" of one of the original Crusaders. So you can still sort of do it, updating for 20 years later!

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    ok so this is as far as I've gotten with my gear on my monk (though the sheet confuses me, since in-game with no buffing skills my dps is listed at 125k or so, but the sheet says 90) and while I've gotten comfortable with where I am I'm kind of hitting a wall on progression

I suppose I should've expected this since I'm still running legacy gear, and I guess I can already solo torment 4, but man I just wanna get cool stuff to experiment with

not my 6th blackthorne's piece with vit as the only main stat

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    so wheres the place to farm in storymode @60 right now

could it just be killing diablo? It takes maybe 5 minutes on torment 1, I imagine it would be much faster on lower difficulties and he would have a higher than average drop chance right

2x39jD4.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    king leoric seems to drop more legendaries than normal

I know skeleton king still drops a legendary every time on reset

2x39jD4.jpg
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I've been running around act 1 looking for cursed chests at the known spots and then killing the butcher when I'm done.

Probably not the most efficient farming, but I've been enjoying it so far.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    so I'm hearing I should start playing this again, huh?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

yeh but then you've to complete the entire game before resetting again :(

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    Kwoaru wrote: »

yeh but then you've to complete the entire game before resetting again :(

yeah its a bummer, but if you do it on normal its only a couple hours really, and you can one shot everything

not something I'm gonna do a lot though

2x39jD4.jpg
    Honestly the guaranteed legendary is great but it's not guaranteed to be good so for the effort involved I think I'll just farm other stuff.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My DPS is fine enough at the moment so I don't mind not farming

I still do it for a laugh occasionally though

Also I replaced my Pig Sticker with Bul-Kathos'.... Something. It's a 1H mighty weapon and now I'm at like 58k.

Honestly the guaranteed legendary is great but it's not guaranteed to be good so for the effort involved I think I'll just farm other stuff.

I got a shitty 1h mace and a shitty 2h mace from doing this. Not worth.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It took me a looong time to realize why NPCs sounded like pigs while I had the Pig Sticker.

• drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I got a decent number of legendaries today

unfortunately one was a pair of vit boots, two were 2-handers with far lower dps than either of the 1-handers I was using, and the other two were adventurer's journals bringing me up to 8 (do those even count as legendaries? I'm actually not sure what the drop rates are on the ingredients)

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
    Moriveth wrote: »
    It took me a looong time to realize why NPCs sounded like pigs while I had the Pig Sticker.

squeal, piggy

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    When all you have is a Pig Sticker...

YL9WnCY.png
    So when RoS comes out and paragon levels get pushed back to level 70+, will I get all that experience back to push me towards 70?

• NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    I am itchingly annoyed that they're making some kind of new "death" with this expansion. Why? You already had a cult of necromancers who worshiped death and death magic. Why not do something with that death? Is new death going to fight old death in some kind of terribly written cage match?

On the other hand, I love me some plate-mail wearing, flail swinging, knight guy.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    So when RoS comes out and paragon levels get pushed back to level 70+, will I get all that experience back to push me towards 70?

you keep your paragon levels

Oh cool, that works too.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Found some good stuff today: Gladiator Gauntlets, Spaulders of Zakara, Tal Rasha amulet.

If I could get the damn screen shotter thing to work I'd show ya.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Ever have a Waller block you from attacking a Treasure Goblin right as it's about to hop in the portal?

Yeah.

Yeah.

I had a lot of trouble killing treasure goblins. Until I used rage of the berserker and wrath of the ancients and just WAILED on the guy.

edited March 2014
    I lost a purple treasure goblin in a sin tower because it was sitting almost right on top of an elite pack

I just didn't have the damage on my witch doctor at the time and I guess they stop stumbling once they get the portal open

I was so sad

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    About... Five or six times that happened to me

I was sadder each time

not even risking losing a goblin is easily the best part of jumping back down to T1 from T2

2x39jD4.jpg