As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i don't have any shallots or dijon or w-e

also the only vinegar i have is balsamic

also uh

5:1 thru 1:1

dunno which one to go with

u faks

Use the balsamic. Do 4:1 and splash some more on top if it's not tangy enough.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    How does "long press" not imply holding?

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @Skippydumptruck i just bumped into a Subaru BRZ on the lot. Wtffffffffff

steam_sig.png
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Boston is basically the worst
    fightin' words

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Tav wrote: »
    How does "long press" not imply holding?
    "Long press" is anything from slightly longer than tap to an infinite time.

Like, in morse code, a long press is pretty Fukkin short.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hmm, I seem to repeat some patterns when bored...

I open the same tab over and over...

I think I'll tell that to my therapist next time I see him.

Not literally bumped

steam_sig.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Hmm, I seem to repeat some patterns when bored...

I open the same tab over and over...

I think I'll tell that to my therapist next time I see him.

i do this too when procrastinating

poo
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Oh coool! I bet there was a lovely couple named Samantha (Her friends call her Sam) and Patty there test driving it with their daughter Crimson that they just picked up from Montessori school.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I will vote for any candidate who promises to end daylight savings time forever.

I don't care if he or she is a pro-life libertarian communist mayonnaise-eating Pharell Williams fan.

Daylight savings time is literally the worst thing in the world.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    shalmelo wrote: »
    you guys are vinegar insanity up ins

It's called Vinaigrette, Spool. Not Oilgrette.

(I typically go about 2:1, but it depends on what type of vinegar you're using)

It's an emulsion! I don't even know how you get the proper chemistry to happen at that ratio. It's hard enough at 4:1!

I was a drama major, spool. I ain't care about any emulsion. I eyeball that shit, pour ingredients into small plastic bottle, seal it and shake it up like whoa. Boom: dressing.

@organichu - protip: don't overthink this.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I will vote for any candidate who promises to end daylight savings time forever.

I don't care if he or she is a pro-life libertarian communist mayonnaise-eating Pharell Williams fan.

As a pro-mayonnaise libertarian-eating Pharell Williams fan...

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sam and Patty have the caaahraaaziest stories about the summer they ran a tea stand

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

If someone founded the Fuck Daylight Savings party I'd just party line vote the whole way down the ballot

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    tracksuits aren't a thing here. get your stereotypes right, man.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    1:1 is vinegar hedonism

How do you even get a good emulsion at that ratio?

You can use an emulsifier like mustard. That will get you closer to a permanent emulsion like mayo. Or you just accept that it's going to be a temporary emulsion with a briefer duration then deal with it.

tired stressed sad etc why can i not just surrenderrrrrrrrr

poo

I'm down with ending the changeover, but if we're sticking with either Standard time or DST forever I'm riding for DST - more light later is wayyyy better than more light early.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Dynagrip wrote: »

they are in jersey. i was trying to think of something that you guys have in common

o i know freeways and concrete and subdivisions and stripmalls and industrial smells errywhere

jersey is the houston of the NE corridor

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

It's an emulsion! I don't even know how you get the proper chemistry to happen at that ratio. It's hard enough at 4:1!

I was a drama major, spool. I ain't care about any emulsion. I eyeball that shit, pour ingredients into small plastic bottle, seal it and shake it up like whoa. Boom: dressing.

u were a drama major?

did u end up working in the field at all?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Also a blender covers many sins. Take any vinaigrette and mix it in a blender. It won't separate for days.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    what a cluster fuck of a day

the head honcho on this presentation i've been preparing decides the day before our pitch that the entire thing is ALL WRONG and NEEDS TO BE CHANGED RIGHT NOW

except i gave him the presentation exactly one week ago, and have been asking on multiple emails cced to multiple people for his input for the entire week

i hate last minute shit fuck everythinggggggggg

919UOwT.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I had a really good peanut dressing at this thai place a couple weeks ago -- a little to sweet but otherwise very good.

Then they had the worst, blandest pad thai I've ever had, so disappointing.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    Ludious wrote: »

Oh coool! I bet there was a lovely couple named Samantha (Her friends call her Sam) and Patty there test driving it with their daughter Crimson that they just picked up from Montessori school.

It's a RWD Subaru!!

steam_sig.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    don't have a blender

also i don't have a bottle i can use, i was just gonna use a tupperware container which i think ought to be ok

should i refrigerate it

Ludious wrote: »

It's a RWD Subaru!!

it's ok! They have a harness for that!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    what a cluster fuck of a day

the head honcho on this presentation i've been preparing decides the day before our pitch that the entire thing is ALL WRONG and NEEDS TO BE CHANGED RIGHT NOW

except i gave him the presentation exactly one week ago, and have been asking on multiple emails cced to multiple people for his input for the entire week

i hate last minute shit fuck everythinggggggggg

i've been dealing with this sort of bullshit with an IT project

you had weeks to test the app, why are you coming back to me now telling me that basic features need to be changed out for other features

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Boston was nice.

Jersey was too. Well, not the populated areas.

I'll cut you!

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Robocop, worth seeing or no?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    i feel bad gooey cuz guess what

i am the incompetent one creating lots of last minute work

except i also suffer from it because i am not in a position of authority

poo
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

my father had to brief ministers on this in the early 70s

we had 3 years of it gone then they pussied out

fuckin failure

obF2Wuw.png

i can't tell I'm too blinded by your belt buckle to see

"we want a dog"

okay, here's a dog. You have a month to test your dog.

Day 7: how do you like your dog?
    Dog's fine.

Day 14: how do you like your dog?
    Dog's fine.

Day 21: how do you like your dog?
    Dog's fine.

Day 28: how do you like your dog?
    I wish this dog purred and lapped up milk and I hate how I have to take this dog for a walk every day. can you change those features and maybe make it so the dog climbs stuff too?

Irond Will wrote: »

they are in jersey. i was trying to think of something that you guys have in common

o i know freeways and concrete and subdivisions and stripmalls and industrial smells errywhere

jersey is the houston of the NE corridor

How dare you

• InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    "we want a dog"

okay, here's a dog. You have a month to test your dog.

Day 7: how do you like your dog?
    Dog's fine.

Day 14: how do you like your dog?
    Dog's fine.

Day 21: how do you like your dog?
    Dog's fine.

Day 28: how do you like your dog?
    I wish this dog purred and lapped up milk and I hate how I have to take this dog for a walk every day. can you change those features and maybe make it so the dog climbs stuff too?

"All we want is indecision; all we like is what we know"

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Boston was nice.

I'll cut you!

Not before I finished this show, you will not.

Irond Will wrote: »

u were a drama major?

did u end up working in the field at all?

I did a couple years right out of college in DC and NYC sort of living the stereotype: full-time bartender/part-time (at best) actor, but got burned out on the lifestyle. I still do a show every couple years or so, but it's frankly more fun as a hobby where you can pick and choose what shows you actually want to do.

Boston was nice.

I'll cut you!

Not before I finished this show, you will not.

I was jsut trying to give you the genuine Jersey experience

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    okay is there a way on the iPhone to move the cursor around other than trying to get the right spot with my finger because that's annoying as shit
    Tap and hold, and you will get a magnifying glass.

Use that tool to be precise.

btw

and you will laugh at me and I probably deserve legit So Ravens for this but

I prefer "long press" to "tap and hold" because a 'tap', to me, implies lifting your finger. "Tap and hold" is an oxymoron.
    Ehh, I get where you are coming from, but it's a carryover from mousing, where "click and hold" is a real legit thing, and most people get it.

A long press does not imply a hold, however... Maybe "press and hold" is the best phrase?

or "touch and hold" maybe?

This discussion has been closed.