As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    giving up on tomb raider.

fuck this terrible autosave pacing. At this one fucking terrible ambush with wave after wave of bad guys. 5+ minutes of non stop combat, with lots of people in sniper points, multiple dynamite/molotov throwers, and no autosaves.

After wasting 20 minutes of my life on 4 botched attempts, I am just done.

hee hee

Remember when autosaves didn't exist and 20 minutes on a level was just some shit you had to suck up and repeat tomorrow because mom said it was dinner time this instant?

We are spoiled as fuck nowadays :)

Yeah but when I was 6 I could literally play video games for 6 hours a night.

I'm lucky if I make it to 2 hours without passing out on weeknights.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    "State of the art robot"

I guess one of the guys the Astros have at Spring Training is 315 pounds. I hope to god that guy is a masher because I'm guessing Big Papi could whoop his ass in a sprint.

Yeah I have seen him play. He... is not a fast runner.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

fuck this terrible autosave pacing. At this one fucking terrible ambush with wave after wave of bad guys. 5+ minutes of non stop combat, with lots of people in sniper points, multiple dynamite/molotov throwers, and no autosaves.

hee hee

Remember when autosaves didn't exist and 20 minutes on a level was just some shit you had to suck up and repeat tomorrow because mom said it was dinner time this instant?

There's a resurgence of "roguelike" as a gamestyle, which I think is in part a response to the autosave trend. I appreciate both: sometimes I want to fear for my life and experience a game with no safety net, sometimes I want to finish a game without replaying more than 30 seconds of content ever.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    "State of the art robot"

I guess one of the guys the Astros have at Spring Training is 315 pounds. I hope to god that guy is a masher because I'm guessing Big Papi could whoop his ass in a sprint.

Can you actually define it as running or is it just power walking?

• Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i ended up going with 2:1 balsamic vinegar to evoo. added a little salt and pepper.

it is definitely not tastier than like, the bottle of premade stuff i buy at trader joe's? maybe partially because i can't achieve quite that level of homogeneity with a spoon.

but it's ok. i don't hate it. will probably just buy a bottle of dressing next time tho

next time use a fork or a whisk, and you seriously need to mix it until it's impossible to discern the oil and the vinegar. You're aiming for a consistent quality throughout, thicker than the oil and a uniform color.

It might take you 10min of constant whisking to achieve.

Look, @spool32 emulsions are just gross...all of them. Quit trying to pretend they aren't all basically mayonnaise.

"State of the art robot"

He runs about as well as Prince Fielder.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i ended up going with 2:1 balsamic vinegar to evoo. added a little salt and pepper.

it is definitely not tastier than like, the bottle of premade stuff i buy at trader joe's? maybe partially because i can't achieve quite that level of homogeneity with a spoon.

but it's ok. i don't hate it. will probably just buy a bottle of dressing next time tho

next time use a fork or a whisk, and you seriously need to mix it until it's impossible to discern the oil and the vinegar. You're aiming for a consistent quality throughout, thicker than the oil and a uniform color.

It might take you 10min of constant whisking to achieve.

Look, @spool32 emulsions are just gross...all of them. Quit trying to pretend they aren't all basically mayonnaise.

You say that, but you never refuse my vinaigrette

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    i still say that evoo sounds like a pokemon

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    you guys are vinegar insanity up ins

It's called Vinaigrette, Spool. Not Oilgrette.

(I typically go about 2:1, but it depends on what type of vinegar you're using)

It's an emulsion! I don't even know how you get the proper chemistry to happen at that ratio. It's hard enough at 4:1!

I was a drama major, spool. I ain't care about any emulsion. I eyeball that shit, pour ingredients into small plastic bottle, seal it and shake it up like whoa. Boom: dressing.

@organichu - protip: don't overthink this.

you are salad hitler

Eh, I mostly just hate measuring things. I consider myself a pretty decent cook, but I usually measure by eye and am almost physically incapable of following a recipe without making some impromptu substitutions.

Never bake anything

Yeah, my primary domain is the stovetop. Anything oven-related usually gets delegated to my wife. I know my limits.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    also 'extra virgin' is a silly phrase

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

hee hee

We are, but for games I am playing mostly for the pretty and the story, I don't want to have to do the same shit over and over and over.

Like, Halo I don't mind doing legendary on because they space the checkpoints really well. This section feels like there are 2-3 missing checkpoints.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    virgin is a binary state

how can something be 'extra virgin'

well, i mean, other than elendil

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    gym time.
    *lifts doughtnuts to mouth*

Bless your heart.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

multiple points of entry?

GOD SO TIRED

i should learn to take the day after the time change off already

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Dunno

you hang around certain parts of the internet

that phrase makes perfect sense.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    In unrelated to any other topic news, I have checked on my fantasy hockey progress. In a three-way tie for first in one league and one win away from clinching the first round playoff buy in the other.

Hold steady Foreplay/Luongo Time

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    TehSloth wrote: »
    In unrelated to any other topic news, I have checked on my fantasy hockey progress. In a three-way tie for first in one league and one win away from clinching the first round playoff buy in the other.

Holy shit that is a fantastic name.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    "State of the art robot"

I watched Prince Fielder try to score from second on a little bloop to the outfield. I have no idea if the base coach was a moron or just ignored but man that was a terrible idea.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    virgin is a binary state

how can something be 'extra virgin'

well, i mean, other than elendil

I'm disappointed, I can't believe you would push the patriarchal virginity-binary

twitch.tv/tehsloth
    "State of the art robot"

I watched Prince Fielder try to score from second on a little bloop to the outfield. I have no idea if the base coach was a moron or just ignored but man that was a terrible idea.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3419973/fielderflop.gif

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

hee hee

There's a resurgence of "roguelike" as a gamestyle, which I think is in part a response to the autosave trend. I appreciate both: sometimes I want to fear for my life and experience a game with no safety net, sometimes I want to finish a game without replaying more than 30 seconds of content ever.

I hate autosave. Just lags everything up and causes bugs. I'm an adult. I can press buttons to save. (Actually, I'm a crazy. I must press buttons to save. First time I played Mass Effect 2, I had like threehundred saves before reaching the Citadel.)

• BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Lets say you have department that does building maintenance, like changing light-bulbs, fixing the elevator, doing electrical work.

Now you have an outside contractor, who is a locksmith and maintains like key card readers.

What's your guess on who's job it is to fix a handicap door assist? who do you submit that work order to?
    Its nobody's job! sucker!

BSoB on
    Y0JbhAi.jpg

"State of the art robot"

In his head, he thinks he's Willy Mays.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

ha, i know that one I think. I made it past and then put the game on hold.

BSoB wrote: »
    Lets say you have department that does building maintenance, like changing light-bulbs, fixing the elevator, doing electrical work.

Now you have an outside contractor, who is a locksmith and maintains like key card readers.

What's your guess on who's job it is to fix a handicap door assist? who do you submit that work order to?
    Its nobody's job! sucker!

It depends on what the contract says and my assumptions would be based on who installed it.

"State of the art robot"

Let's be fair here, if Prince indeed is in good shape in Texas he is gonna mash in Arlington Park.

Also a locksmith who does access control? That's kinda novel.

TehSloth wrote: »

Holy shit that is a fantastic name.

I'm just hoping FL turns things around because I don't think I can drop my namesake, I think that's against some kind of honor code.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
    "State of the art robot"

Let's be fair here, if Prince indeed is in good shape in Texas he is gonna mash in Arlington Park.

The guy hits for power for sure. He just isn't a guy who should try to stretch a double into a triple. Or look like he's threatening to steal a base.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

quitter

I've got better ways to use my time, even in entertainment.

I am mostly through games that go difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Like the only reason at all this segment is as challenging as it is is because they keep sending waves of bad guys at me, and they don't put any save spots in there. and since you cannot manually save this game, they chose to cheaply extend the difficulty of this section.

Every time I end up 4-5 minutes in, I keep waiting for the music to change or for there to be a break, or anything... but nope. No such luck.

Where was this?

I don't remember encountering anything like that.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    "State of the art robot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A75qdDSmErk

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    @desc caught robbing a shop

http://i.imgur.com/kGQxz3P.gif

obF2Wuw.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    japan wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »

quitter

I've got better ways to use my time, even in entertainment.

I am mostly through games that go difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Like the only reason at all this segment is as challenging as it is is because they keep sending waves of bad guys at me, and they don't put any save spots in there. and since you cannot manually save this game, they chose to cheaply extend the difficulty of this section.

Every time I end up 4-5 minutes in, I keep waiting for the music to change or for there to be a break, or anything... but nope. No such luck.

Where was this?

I don't remember encountering anything like that.

i believe he's talking about the bit where:
    you're marching forward and fighting wave after wave of the undead samurai dudes

edited March 2014
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    "State of the art robot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A75qdDSmErk

He got a Super Bowl ring with the Giants as Manning's back up. He wasn't nearly that big then. I bet tackling him is a bitch.

Thomamelas on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    prince has 18 career SB, ortiz 15

ortiz stole 4 bases last year lol

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I feel TD is getting hyperbolized at the moment due to its freshness

It's great but I'm not so quick to throw it in the hall of fame, I felt it stalled out a liiiittle bit down the stretch

Yeah, I enjoyed the finale and thought it was a relatively satisfying 8 hours of TV, but I'm steering clear of the actual thread because I had mixed feelings about the series on the whole and anything other than wholehearted praise doesn't seem particularly welcome in there.

Happens in most tv threads I feel like

Naw most threads are about how terrible the show is

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
This discussion has been closed.