As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    "State of the art robot"

I guess one of the guys the Astros have at Spring Training is 315 pounds. I hope to god that guy is a masher because I'm guessing Big Papi could whoop his ass in a sprint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A75qdDSmErk

He got a Super Bowl ring with the Giants as Manning's back up. He wasn't nearly that big then. I bet tackling him is a bitch.

i used to use him in madden for fun

big fat lefty

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    prince has 18 career SB, ortiz 15

ortiz stole 4 bases last year lol

I saw him stealing third last year. The catcher just stood there. I figure he thought he was being drugged.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The Rock looks silly as Hercules

BiVGgq8IAAAM8Mf.jpg:large

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    prince has 18 career SB, ortiz 15

ortiz stole 4 bases last year lol

I saw him stealing third last year. The catcher just stood there. I figure he thought he was being drugged.

one of the weirdest sox games i ever went to, he hit two triples

i was dumbfounded, it's gotta be the only time in his career he's ever done that

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    hay can someone explain to me what's up with vampire weekend?

i feel like i am missing something

Wqdwp8l.png
    i am incredibly eh on vampire weekend but i haven't sought out too much of their stuff

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    also 'extra virgin' is a silly phrase

Only does it in the butt.

Butts don't count

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    syndalis wrote: »
    giving up on tomb raider.

fuck this terrible autosave pacing. At this one fucking terrible ambush with wave after wave of bad guys. 5+ minutes of non stop combat, with lots of people in sniper points, multiple dynamite/molotov throwers, and no autosaves.

After wasting 20 minutes of my life on 4 botched attempts, I am just done.

just in time for titanfall

(i just finished tomb raider a couple days ago and loved it but some of the ambushes were p tuff and required a few goes)

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I feel like putting my fist through a wall, like I am just mad

Going through Pristiq withdrawal, on my period, starting a brand new medication, and just dealing with a lot of stress

so I dont know how much of this is actually me and how much is my chemicals and hormones being out of whack

but I just want to scream and throw shit.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    What album are you listening to trilliam

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    "State of the art robot"

I guess one of the guys the Astros have at Spring Training is 315 pounds. I hope to god that guy is a masher because I'm guessing Big Papi could whoop his ass in a sprint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A75qdDSmErk

is that like the putt-putt version of football?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    315 lbs is really fucking heavy

I've been looking up the weights of international rugby players for comparison and the only person I can find even near that weight is Romain Taofifenua at about 300, and he is reputed to be the heaviest player in international rugby at the moment

Even Adam Jones and David Wilson are about 270-ish and they're definitely considered heavy players

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    if i go to the butcher country meat store

what are some meats i should pick up? i always go there and draw a blank because of so many options.

steam_sig.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    japan wrote: »

*weeps into fat folds*

Eddy wrote: »
    What album are you listening to trilliam

just stuff on youtube

oxford comma, diane young, step and uh a-punk

they are kind of like if weezer did it with cake i guess? i feel like there is something i am missing.

Wqdwp8l.png
    Organichu wrote: »

*weeps into fat folds*

For an athlete, whose job is notionally to run around after a ball all day, I mean.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I've been looking up the weights of international rugby players for comparison and the only person I can find even near that weight is Romain Taofifenua at about 300, and he is reputed to be the heaviest player in international rugby at the moment

Even Adam Jones and David Wilson are about 270-ish and they're definitely considered heavy players

315 would put him as a good size lineman. I think the league record is like 335 or somewhere in that ballpark.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    This book does a poor job of explaining Latin adjective declensions and agreement.

So far learning another language has been enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYITSFsjvU

this just randomly appeared out of the ether today, daft punk and jay-z collab

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    so the landlord sent out a dude to fix our drawer where we keep our silverware (it basically fell apart before)

so he put the whole assembly back together and i think he used some industrial woodglue also?

it smells real strong

after x many hours do i wipe away the excess i can see? or let it dry

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

315 would put him as a good size lineman. I think the league record is like 335 or somewhere in that ballpark.

Wilfork is officially like 325 but he's actually like 350. Ngata I know was officially listed at 345

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

no they are the worst.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYITSFsjvU

this just randomly appeared out of the ether today, daft punk and jay-z collab

"i got a iTouch

but I can't feel"

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    giving up on tomb raider.

fuck this terrible autosave pacing. At this one fucking terrible ambush with wave after wave of bad guys. 5+ minutes of non stop combat, with lots of people in sniper points, multiple dynamite/molotov throwers, and no autosaves.

After wasting 20 minutes of my life on 4 botched attempts, I am just done.

hee hee

Remember when autosaves didn't exist and 20 minutes on a level was just some shit you had to suck up and repeat tomorrow because mom said it was dinner time this instant?

We are spoiled as fuck nowadays :)

Those were awful times.
    Thank fuck things have changed, I literally don't have time for that bullshit anymore.

sig.gif
    C8Ft8GE.jpg

I'm at work so I can't hear the audio but I assume it's not safe for work.

http://youtu.be/03_YdfsOXO0

PantsB wrote: »

Wilfork is officially like 325 but he's actually like 350. Ngata I know was officially listed at 345

Are these positions that involve a lot of running, or require a turn of speed? All the really heavy rugby players tend to be front row (of the scrum) forwards, so they're picked for power, mostly, usually at the expense of pace.

I just can't imagine someone at 300lbs+ being able to make much ground (in rugby) without being instantly nailed by the opposing second row.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    It's nephew time, everybody.

1965047_10100952490827930_986976747_n.jpg

Woo, nephew!

smCQ5WE.jpg

Are these positions that involve a lot of running, or require a turn of speed? All the really heavy rugby players tend to be front row (of the scrum) forwards, so they're picked for power, mostly, usually at the expense of pace.

I just can't imagine someone at 300lbs+ being able to make much ground (in rugby) without being instantly nailed by the opposing second row.

No, they are linemen. Defensive linemen so their job is to stop runners and see if they can get at the Quarterback.

not a great deal of running, no. wilfork IS pretty fast for his size though (5.08 in the 40 yard dash)

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

hipsters

919UOwT.png
    that hair is fly as hell

No, they are linemen. Defensive linemen so their job is to stop runners and see if they can get at the Quarterback.

Ah right

Rugby forwards need to move around a bit. In fact, a useful tactic is to try and loop one around onto the wing so as the ball works its way out to the edge of the field you can put it in the hands of a massive forward who probably only has a couple of (smaller, lighter) wingers to oppose him.

Adam Jones is considered fairly fast as front row players go (number 18, black shirt, big hair):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bGw_t8hSHPw

But even in that video you can see his own backs streaking past him

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Somebody said "figuratively" when they meant literally, and I angrily lost my mind for a moment.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Somebody said "figuratively" when they meant literally, and I literally lost my mind for a moment.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    having franks red hot for the first time, not bad.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    literally the only thing i have had to eat today is cheetos and a can of mountain dew

what am i becomee

919UOwT.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Thomamelas‌
    @jacobkosh, @Pony‌

So a former Palladium writer is kickstarting a game about a post apocalyptic Earth where Breaches have begun allowing things from various dimensions in to harm and maim everyone. Also magic and pre-fall technology. Oh and it has Siembieda's endorsement for now.

PcttEyX.jpg

Breaches, huh? Well, that's nifty. Maybe they could even call it that.

"Breaches."

rRwz9.gif
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I just got rule 34'd looking up "calendar icon"

:(

This discussion has been closed.