As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    since i'm like 700 calories under where i aim to be for the day, my sister had me try a little bit of the cake for her baby shower. dis bish puerto rican as fukk. it was a tres leche cake.

shit was tasty! super moist and lighter than most cake. my sister warned me the texture might be an acquired thing but i liked it right off.

still 500-some calories under and under 30 carbs for the day

it is always a good idea to budget some dessert or treats once in a while or else it is impossible to stick to these plans

yeah

i definitely need to pick up more snack stuff

it's impossible for me to just eat baked chicken, greens, tuna and eggs all day; i'd have to overeat the fuck out of them to reach a reasonable amount of calories

i can fit in some reasonable snacking but in this early stage of eating better i have a paralyzing fear of rationalizing going back to my old ways so i haven't really picked up stuff to snack on

suggestions???

• Options
    i'm confused

my sister is puerto rican

this isn't a euphemism or whatever. her father is 100% puerto rican

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Oh I figured it out.

g4I6JNP.png

she's an australopithecus

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    wut?

wut wut?

human faces aren't shaped like that

no

but I don't know what "that" is

and googling "paper" is sublimely unhelpful

Why didn't you just ask "What is Paper?"

The actual name of the short is Paperman, it was the Disney short before Wreck-It-Ralph in the theater.

well I never get to see anything in the theater any more

: (

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    or do all you white folks from good families not have half siblings

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    wut?

wut wut?

human faces aren't shaped like that

no

but I don't know what "that" is

and googling "paper" is sublimely unhelpful

Why didn't you just ask "What is Paper?"

The actual name of the short is Paperman, it was the Disney short before Wreck-It-Ralph in the theater.

well I never get to see anything in the theater any more

: (

:(

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    aYbqBgv_460s_v1.jpg

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    since i'm like 700 calories under where i aim to be for the day, my sister had me try a little bit of the cake for her baby shower. dis bish puerto rican as fukk. it was a tres leche cake.

shit was tasty! super moist and lighter than most cake. my sister warned me the texture might be an acquired thing but i liked it right off.

it is always a good idea to budget some dessert or treats once in a while or else it is impossible to stick to these plans

yeah

it's impossible for me to just eat baked chicken, greens, tuna and eggs all day; i'd have to overeat the fuck out of them to reach a reasonable amount of calories

i can fit in some reasonable snacking but in this early stage of eating better i have a paralyzing fear of rationalizing going back to my old ways so i haven't really picked up stuff to snack on

suggestions???

peanut butter (and maybe jelly) rice cakes are always great

that was my go to snack when i was eating really healthy and not that much cuz i was in my college apartment for the first time

yogurt/oatmeal/eggs for breakfast, protein shake after workout, tiny pita pocket thing with turkey mustard and lettuce for lunch, dinner of baked chicken breast with broccoli and side salad or just entire salad from shaws with a little grilled chicken and a hardboiled egg

i ate this every day for like 11 months it sucked

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    that the way the Federal Reserve creates currency and introduces it into the economy is to issue it to banks as loans

That is the major way. There are other ways, too.
    and that this means that the amount of money in existence is necessarily smaller than the amount of debt.

Can anyone with an understanding of monetary policy comment on this?

Well, as an empirical statement, it is true to say that "the amount of money in existence is smaller than the amount of debt."

But this isn't really necessarily true, nor is it a direct effect of central banking. It can also be emergent simply from the nature of debt.

Example: I start a business and I take out a $100k loan to cover startup costs. After a year, I'm operating in the black. I have $80k left in debt to the bank, $20k in my company bank account, $5k per week coming in as accounts receivables, and $4k per week going out as expenses. In this scenario, I carry $80-$84k in debt at any given time, $20-25k in cash at any given time, and my customers owe me up to $5k at any given time. Even if you take into account the amount of money paid from my initial capital loan to other entities (like suppliers), the total debt load in this system is higher than the total cash value of this system.

Or more simply, if I loan you $1, and then you loan that $1 to Alice, and then Alice loans $1 to Bob, and then Bob loans $1 to Chris, then that single dollar bill has been instrumental in $4 worth of debt.

The aggregate amount of debt held by all parties is higher than the aggregate amount of money held by all parties.

That makes sense, thank you.
    tldr, what book are you reading?

Sacred Economics. It's available for free download, and it reads kind of like Paul Krugman dropped acid and tried to make an econ-themed sequel to The Four Agreements.

From what I've read so far, the author is advocating for a change in the story of money that preserves its motivating and organizing ability but incentivizes the common good (clean air and water, for example) rather than the accumulation of more money (ie interest-derived income). One point that I found interesting was that the debt system we just discussed is necessarily expansionary; the people who owe your company money have to make it from somewhere, and eventually more resources have to come into the system (the value of peoples' collateral has to increase) and this can only happen by an exploitation of the commons (taking up residence on what was an unowned piece of land, cutting down trees, mining gold, etc).

It's pretty fascinating, though I'm keeping my skeptical face on.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I do have a half sibling.

So :p

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    so tonight i made barbacoa, sofritas, and run-of-the-mill taco beef

i also made some spanish rice and cilantro-lime rice

i am gonna get so fat and happy

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    the pb rice cakes are good though because the pb has a lot of calories but good calories i guess? not carbs at least. and the rice cake itself is like 15 calories or 30 or some inconsequential amount

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I was watching a titanfall stream earlier

But I dont think I watched enough because it was like COD with occasional robots

no that is exactly what it is, its not some magical new thing its just what was good with some new gimmicks but its just really dialed in.

Ah ok

I could definitely see the appeal, don't get me wrong

Just not my thing at all, personally

i mean, that's what i said

and then my friend showed me that you can punch a robot's face off and rip out the guy inside and crush him in your metal hands

so i was conflicted

One time some other robot dude was charging at me. So I did like a strafe move behind a building, set my robot to autopilot guardian mode so it would still attack him when he came around the corner and ejected into the building. He's fighting my robot but i'm in my stealth suit outside CLIMBING UP THE SIDE OF HIS ROBOT.

I pop the hatch on top of his robot and before he knows it deal massive damage to the core. His ejector seat rockets out and i'm still latched on so I make the dive in mid-air and land on top of my robot and hop back in

then my internet connection disconnected because what I did was literally too cool for the internet to handle.

ftfy

that's basically how i felt.

didn't even try to queue again.

what's the point? i did it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    but also crunchy and salty and hit those "i really want to eat an entire bag of corn chips" brain receptors

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

i only have eskimo brothers

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    but also crunchy and salty and hit those "i really want to eat an entire bag of corn chips" brain receptors

Dopamine receptors.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    OH SHIT MY PHONE WAS JUST LIKE

HEY

HEY DUE. DON'T FORGET RICK AND MORTY IS ON AT 10:30 YW

WHAT THE. I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER OHMMDHMMDDGGG YESSS SCINECEEEEEEEE

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

I have been watching a let's play of this game. Mostly because I don't care enough about South Park to probably buy it myself except for like 5 bucks.

This game is hilarious and really really really fucked up.

It really is but when I finished it I was kinda like "That's it?" 'cause I mean $60

But then a voice in my head pointed out it's the hardest I've ever laughed while playing a video game and "God that was so great I wish there was more to it" is something I haven't felt about a game in a long time.

Which reminded me that South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut is by far the hardest I've ever laughed at a movie. Like to the point where my abs were actually sore for a few days from laughing so hard.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    @y2jake215 had a chance to look at the mix, yet?

I've poked around a bit and

well

I'm pretty proud of not having thrown my controller out the window so far

@""TL DR"‌
    i am baffled at how to go about this

though on the bright side i figured out the reason my echo fades all sounded like shite

@y2jake215 want to just say 'electro house is for reprobates and chuweros' and make our own mix pool, with blackjack and hookers?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Which reminded me that South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut is by far the hardest I've ever laughed at a movie. Like to the point where my abs were actually sore for a few days from laughing so hard.

Bruce Almighty.

Not a great film... but the scene where steve carrell and Jim Carrey just did bullshit for 2 minutes was the loudest I have ever heard a theater lose it. Everyone was laughing so much they hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplfWUtKMzI

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

My sisters are both half-siblings.

Their dad was probably one of the most deplorable piece of shits on the planet before he disappeared forever, and I'm glad that they've grown up to be fantastic human beings in spite of him.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I feel gross, I'm getting into DotA 2 like a lot. It's like poison. Or a drug. Or a drugpoison.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I have a half aunt

but no half siblings that I am aware of

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

well

@TL DR

though on the bright side i figured out the reason my echo fades all sounded like shite

@y2jake215 want to just say 'electro house is for reprobates and chuweros' and make our own mix pool, with blackjack and hookers?

part of me appreciates the challenge and wants to overcome it

part of me just wants to RUN THE TRAAAAAAP

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    I feel gross, I'm getting into DotA 2 like a lot. It's like poison. Or a drug. Or a drugpoison.

We welcome you with open arms.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    why is broker not calling me???
    someone mustve bought the house
    it was all too good to be true
    i will never b homeowner

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don't have any half-relatives I'm aware of. My sister's adopted, is the closest thing.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @irond will if you're willing to keep an open mind, you might like some songs off the new vampy weeks album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJCIhDQkqTQ

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Bruce Almighty.

Not a great film... but the scene where steve carrell and Jim Carrey just did bullshit for 2 minutes was the loudest I have ever heard a theater lose it. Everyone was laughing so much they hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplfWUtKMzI

Oh yeah that was a great scene too

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut was like that audience reaction over and over for basically the entire length of the film which is just damn impressive when you think about it.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    my older sister is a half sibling

my older brother is also a half sibling

the two actually have no blood relation to each other

• Options

well

@TL DR

part of me appreciates the challenge and wants to overcome it

part of me just wants to RUN THE TRAAAAAAP

*eyes 'Airhorn' sample*

*single bead of sweat*

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Two of my brothers that I just call my brothers are actually my half-brothers. They're much better than my actual brother and I in terms of life accomplishments, so I'm pretty sure the Mexican genes in my body are holding me back. They're pure Portuguese. SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i'm rewatching Louie

just saw the Afghanistan episode

yeah this one of the best three television shows that has ever existed, maybe the best one

• Options
    ok i had a peanut butter sandwich

Screenshot%202014-03-10%2021.44.42.png

day 2 in le books

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

We welcome you with open arms.

Until I die early in a game, then I'll get called derogatory names. Ah, the warm embrace of hate.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

yeah

suggestions???

whole fruit, bananas, navel oranges, non mediocre apples

nuts are good, cashews and almonds especially

you can get good deals on strawberries if they're like a day old and those bad boys are super low calorie

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    holy shit eggs have a lot of cholesterol!

sometimes i eat 6 eggs at a time and maybe i shouldn't!

• Options
    also I love the singing in the beginning of this Vice documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5K8GpNRZo

really begs to be repeated with a buzz on around a campfire this summer :3

• Options
    No matter how many times I have watched the South Park movie the Uncle Fucker song makes me giggle.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    for chu, when it comes to eating chicken

the thigh's the limit.

This discussion has been closed.