As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    No matter how many times I have watched the South Park movie the Uncle Fucker song makes me giggle.

the kyle's mom is a big fat b is so good

cartman in blackface, cartman doing a showstopper chorus at the end, everyone getting really into it

and the la resistance song fuk

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    kyle's mom is a bitch is the best song ever
    especially the part where he wears black face

just so shocking and so right

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    my older sister is a half sibling

my older brother is also a half sibling

the two actually have no blood relation to each other

They should fuck and give you a double nephew.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Eddy we truly are eskimo brothers

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    my older sister is a half sibling

my older brother is also a half sibling

the two actually have no blood relation to each other

They should fuck and give you a double nephew.

sadly, they have not been receptive to this suggestion in the past

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    One point that I found interesting was that the debt system we just discussed is necessarily expansionary; the people who owe your company money have to make it from somewhere, and eventually more resources have to come into the system (the value of peoples' collateral has to increase) and this can only happen by an exploitation of the commons (taking up residence on what was an unowned piece of land, cutting down trees, mining gold, etc).

fwiw this is a misunderstanding that is extremely common, and quite old. I don't know the source but the accumulation confusion predates Marx, who himself gave a widely-known version of it

Debt is not necessarily expansionary. If you dig through all the layers of financial abstraction, at its core, a positive interest rate reflects underlying technological returns to investment. If these opportunities did not exist, then the rate can simply be negative, i.e., one saves money but receives less in the future, rather than more. This was in fact the default state of affairs for most people in most of human history.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    kyle's mom is a bitch is the best song ever
    especially the part where he wears black face

just so shocking and so right

This was the first mp3 I ever owned.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Eddy we truly are eskimo brothers

i've told the same story in every nerd bar from houston to biloxi

i did not have sexual relations with that woman

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    No matter how many times I have watched the South Park movie the Uncle Fucker song makes me giggle.

That and Blame Canada

And Kyle's Mom's a Bitch

...and Up There

aaaaand now I just wanna watch the movie.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options

That and Blame Canada

And Kyle's Mom's a Bitch

...and Up There

aaaaand now I just wanna watch the movie.

Netflix.

Don't forget Chocolate Salty Balls. But that is from the show. It is great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/2hXgAYku2PA

Never gets old.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I know but I have things I should do in the ffxivs and trying to tank while doubled over laughing might be difficult

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @TL DR

should we come up with a joint track list for our own mix? make our own separate? try one last time to fashion this steaming reddit pile into a masterpiece?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    @EDDY WHY U RAVEN

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

omg the big finish

I forgot about the big finish

so perfect

• Options
  • Options
    Watching the South Park movie you realize why these guys are fucking musical comedy geniuses.

Book of Mormon is probably one of the best things out there.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    ok i had a peanut butter sandwich

Screenshot%202014-03-10%2021.44.42.png

day 2 in le books

where's your breakfast young man >:[

• Options
    huh.

@‌

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @shivahn don't bleh me

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I was blehing something else!

Context!

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    One point that I found interesting was that the debt system we just discussed is necessarily expansionary; the people who owe your company money have to make it from somewhere, and eventually more resources have to come into the system (the value of peoples' collateral has to increase) and this can only happen by an exploitation of the commons (taking up residence on what was an unowned piece of land, cutting down trees, mining gold, etc).

fwiw this is a misunderstanding that is extremely common, and quite old. I don't know the source but the accumulation confusion predates Marx, who himself gave a widely-known version of it

Debt is not necessarily expansionary. If you dig through all the layers of financial abstraction, at its core, a positive interest rate reflects underlying technological returns to investment. If these opportunities did not exist, then the rate can simply be negative, i.e., one saves money but receives less in the future, rather than more. This was in fact the default state of affairs for most people in most of human history.

Can you imagine a scenario in which the Federal Reserve would permit a negative interest rate?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    @TL DR

should we come up with a joint track list for our own mix? make our own separate? try one last time to fashion this steaming reddit pile into a masterpiece?

Let's do a joint list. Maybe suggest a tune and I'll counter? Or however you want to do it.

Could be tricky depending on how disparate our tastes get.

• Options
    Welp that seals it

Some pugs are gonna die because their tank stopped tanking and if they complain I'm gonna tell them to come here and blame Mazzy and Ludious.

• Options
    I wanted to acknowledge your input but I didn't want to agree because I am not learned enough in such matters

• Options
    @icyliquid

it would be nice if the @ suggester would close when the cursor is no longer at the @ word

right now if I type

"[at]ronya[space]some other thing[enter]"

the suggester will immediately delete everything except the [at] the moment I hit 'enter'

this is even if I'm not even typing any more, and have hit tab to focus out of the textarea and focus on Post Reply.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Welp that seals it

Some pugs are gonna die because their tank stopped tanking and if they complain I'm gonna tell them to come here and blame Mazzy and Ludious.

Ehh, it is probably WoW.

They should probably go outside anyway.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    also I love the singing in the beginning of this Vice documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5K8GpNRZo

really begs to be repeated with a buzz on around a campfire this summer :3

oh snap

oh yeah

sample dis

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i'm sry choco usually i skip breakfast pls don't be wrothful : (

• Options
    Welp that seals it

Ehh, it is probably WoW.

ffxiv

But maybe I'll just run as deeps. No one notices when deeps are sporadically non-functional, right?

• Options
    ronya wrote: »

Can you imagine a scenario in which the Federal Reserve would permit a negative interest rate?

it would be extremely difficult to have a scenario where a negative nominal rate coexists with widely available durable cash. You can obtain a 0% nominal rate by using your mattress as a bank. Of course, this was a different matter in the era of cumbersome precious metal currency, where any substantial savings would require a regular fee to the bank, in return for protection of that deposit.

a negative real rate is more readily imaginable. You live in it:

DFII5_Max_630_378.png

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Welp that seals it

Ehh, it is probably WoW.

ffxiv

But maybe I'll just run as deeps. No one notices when deeps are sporadically non-functional, right?

I never healed AFK deeps. You AFK you die.

• Options
    Man I forgot how old this movie is. It is from 1999. Damn.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    note that the era of precious metal currency is not the same as the gold standard; the gold standard replaced it by having bank notes replace the gold itself. The notes would then be durable and storable, subject to the default risk (of the issuing bank disappearing).

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I approve of ell's new avatar

only minor quibble: it is less good for avfacing

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Welp that seals it

Ehh, it is probably WoW.

ffxiv

I never healed AFK deeps. You AFK you die.

No no, not afk, just temporarily unable to do my rotation correctly due to excessive laughter

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    @TL DR

Let's do a joint list. Maybe suggest a tune and I'll counter? Or however you want to do it.

Could be tricky depending on how disparate our tastes get.

yeah could be. especially if we limit it to free tracks haha

hmm

uh

i have no ideeaaaaa

you pick da songzzz

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
This discussion has been closed.