As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    maybe i can spent another 8 minutes turning my iPhone off and on again

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    SiG I seen this earlier and thought of you

fastest hearthstone game ever

http://i.imgur.com/MarSQ2O.jpg

h-how

Between Milhouse Manastorms ability and the worlds luckiest hand = first round victory.

Luckiest as in, even as a setup that's impressive!

(Unless it's not a setup and then it's just bananas)

edited March 2014
    I would screw it up and cast Templar's Verdict first

BeNarwhal on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    miserable i wanted to go to bed 45 minutes ago and it still won't sync
    die apple

why do you have to wait for this?

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @TL DR

I like it when the draft feature somehow fails to save a draft that I actually wanted to keep.

Anyway, I had a long post written and then I closed the wrong browser window like an idiot and lost it.

The gist is that I want to warn you about the money illusion. A naive argument like "in order to create debt, you have to create money" describes a situation in which the number of indebted dollars increases while the real value of those dollars decreases - you may owe the bank more money, but that money buys less stuff. It's like a fantasy RPG where your attack value increases along with the HP of the enemies so even though the numbers are bigger, nothing actually changes.

If we assume that the primary driving force behind debt expansion is the Fed (it isn't, but this is just for the sake of argument), issuing money in the form of debt might cause the real value of that debt to increase, decrease, or stay the same - depending on the speed at which this is happening and the state of the economy.

So we should be talking about the real value of debt - how much stuff (including labor time) would those dollars buy?

But even that's not a complete picture. When discussing whether debt is reaching problem amounts, we're really interested in ratios - debt-to-income and debt-to-assets - and risks (are those assets likely to spoil?). $1000 in debt is a lot to somebody who only makes $15k a year and has no assets; it's peanuts to somebody who makes $150k a year and has $300k in his 401k. Similarly, if all of your assets are tied up in Research in Motion stock, then it's probably unwise for you to take out a lot of debt.

When debt-to-asset and debt-to-income ratios get too high, then the risk of somebody defaulting increases. If we're talking about systems rather than individuals - say, a real estate market where banks have issued risky mortgages and then other agencies have lied about the stability of those mortgages to sell stakes in those mortgages - then a lot of risky debt failing at one time can cause a cascade of defaults.

This sort of thing is why our popular conversation on the US national public debt is just straight dumb. "We're $17T in debt! BIG NUMBERS! SCARY!" Okay, whatever, what is that in debt-to-GDP ratio? (I'll save you the googling - it's 102%.)

That said, a question like "how high is too high" is something I'm really really really not qualified to answer. I can tell you how a ratio looks historically, or in comparison to other entities... but when start talking about things like global overall debt-to-GDP, I'm out of my league.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have not played Demon Souls, or Dark Souls, and now DSII is coming out. I am increasingly being left behind; like the Christians said.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    what is with all these trailers with prog rock soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2OVha_hno

jethro tull and another one had alan parsons games people play in it recently

im diggin it

Why does this game look like a CGI cutscene from 1995.

because From is apparently not super good at visual polish

buuuut I fucking love those games so I don't care

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

im diggin it

Yea DS2 is really ugly at points and some parts people already played were downgraded, Im hoping the PC version actually fixes this and has some visual enhancements

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

im diggin it

Yea DS2 is really ugly at points and some parts people already played were downgraded, Im hoping the PC version actually fixes this and has some visual enhancements

so far they are garbage at pc ports too from what I hear (haven't installed DS yet to check it out) buuuuut I continue to not care so much

if they get better, awesome I would be super happy about that

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    Was excited to watch a specific streamer play DS2 but then find out hes had it for a week and already beat it.

I wanted a blind run

fuck :(

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    @TL DR

I like it when the draft feature somehow fails to save a draft that I actually wanted to keep.

Anyway, I had a long post written and then I closed the wrong browser window like an idiot and lost it.

The gist is that I want to warn you about the money illusion. A naive argument like "in order to create debt, you have to create money" describes a situation in which the number of indebted dollars increases while the real value of those dollars decreases - you may owe the bank more money, but that money buys less stuff. It's like a fantasy RPG where your attack value increases along with the HP of the enemies so even though the numbers are bigger, nothing actually changes.

If we assume that the primary driving force behind debt expansion is the Fed (it isn't, but this is just for the sake of argument), issuing money in the form of debt might cause the real value of that debt to increase, decrease, or stay the same - depending on the speed at which this is happening and the state of the economy.

So we should be talking about the real value of debt - how much stuff (including labor time) would those dollars buy?

But even that's not a complete picture. When discussing whether debt is reaching problem amounts, we're really interested in ratios - debt-to-income and debt-to-assets - and risks (are those assets likely to spoil?). $1000 in debt is a lot to somebody who only makes $15k a year and has no assets; it's peanuts to somebody who makes $150k a year and has $300k in his 401k. Similarly, if all of your assets are tied up in Research in Motion stock, then it's probably unwise for you to take out a lot of debt.

When debt-to-asset and debt-to-income ratios get too high, then the risk of somebody defaulting increases. If we're talking about systems rather than individuals - say, a real estate market where banks have issued risky mortgages and then other agencies have lied about the stability of those mortgages to sell stakes in those mortgages - then a lot of risky debt failing at one time can cause a cascade of defaults.

This sort of thing is why our popular conversation on the US national public debt is just straight dumb. "We're $17T in debt! BIG NUMBERS! SCARY!" Okay, whatever, what is that in debt-to-GDP ratio? (I'll save you the googling - it's 102%.)

That said, a question like "how high is too high" is something I'm really really really not qualified to answer. I can tell you how a ratio looks historically, or in comparison to other entities... but when start talking about things like global overall debt-to-GDP, I'm out of my league.

thats what the lizard people behind the federal reserve and 9/11 want you to think

im diggin it

so far they are garbage at pc ports too from what I hear (haven't installed DS yet to check it out) buuuuut I continue to not care so much

DS is kind of a special case though, it was their first PC game and a PC port was never planned.

im diggin it

DS is kind of a special case though, it was their first PC game and a PC port was never planned.

yeah hopefully they learned a lot and have planned accordingly here

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wish I knew the DS port was shit. The 360 was on sale, and I would've picked it up if I knew that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Elki wrote: »
    I wish I knew the DS port was shit. The 360 was on sale, and I would've picked it up if I knew that.

you can fix the biggest issues with a patch (DS fix), and by using a 360 controller.

bloodyroarxx on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I have not played Demon Souls, or Dark Souls, and now DSII is coming out. I am increasingly being left behind; like the Christians said.

I'm mad I wiffed on pre ordering this. they have such fiiiine collector's editions.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch

you can fix the biggest issues with a patch (DS fix), and by using a 360 controller.

imo it's nicer on pc w/ the patch than on ps3 (can't speak to the 360 version)

downright beautiful on my pc.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Feral :^:

what was this in reference to?

rRwz9.gif
    just beat the priest in hearthstone... never picked it up after doing the first 2-3 matches a month or so ago. maybe 2 weeks.

I was bummed that I don't really like the shaman. currently feeling priest/paladin/mage just from what I read in the OP of the G&T thread. druid looks interesting. we'll see. I think I said this last week when I installed it but at the least it's something I can play that's more laid back, good laptop game.

Variable wrote: »

imo it's nicer on pc w/ the patch than on ps3 (can't speak to the 360 version)

downright beautiful on my pc.

Yea that is one awesome, thing the texture work of Dark Souls is really great but the low res textures of the console versions kill any detail - but on PC they come out like woah

Variable wrote: »
    just beat the priest in hearthstone... never picked it up after doing the first 2-3 matches a month or so ago. maybe 2 weeks.

I was bummed that I don't really like the shaman. currently feeling priest/paladin/mage just from what I read in the OP of the G&T thread. druid looks interesting. we'll see. I think I said this last week when I installed it but at the least it's something I can play that's more laid back, good laptop game.

bro are we friends lets be friends PM me

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Time for episode 6.

Im debating getting Dark Souls 2 tomorrow or not

hrmmm

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Feral :^:

what was this in reference to?

@Jacobkosh‌

A book that TL DR is reading. The conversation starts here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/29314101#Comment_29314101

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I can't stop listening to this song since DUE posted it last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhl5K0mTSKY

And now it is time for me to spread the earworm disease

Now it’s saturday morning and I want to sleep in, but the nextdoor neighbor’s dog is barking again.
    The wife and the kid been bugging me to go for a ride.
    But a week’s worth of work is piled up by now, and I’m expected to get it done somehow.
    Then I gotta find the time to do what they wanna do.
    Instead I pump iron.
    I push out another set. I pump iron. I got to work off all this sweat.
    You see but working out my muscles I’m relaxing my mind and after an hour or two I’ll find,
    my whole outlook on life is shiny and new.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    I don't understand all the Nat Pagle hype

But I think I undervalue card draw

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    @TL DR

thats what the lizard people behind the federal reserve and 9/11 want you to think

I'm pretty sure this is right.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

they just nerfed him anyway

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one who was unable to log on these forums the past few days?

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    TL DR wrote: »
    Sacred Economics

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

rRwz9.gif
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    ohhhhhhh fuuuuuuuuck

i just made like, ghetto dulce de leche

what the fuck have i done, it's all downhill from here

why did i open this pandora's box

So It Goes wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

they just nerfed him anyway

Yeah, that's what I was reading that made me think of him.

Laying in bed, but now I wanna tinker with my decks and try new things and die pathetically in ranked!

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    weed dulce de leche
    on a scoop of vanilla gelato
    on a belgian waffle

that is all

poo
    Some of my Magic friends are arguing over the buttcrack photo gallery.

For once, I'm arguing on the side of public shame.

Feels weird.

man i remember my first exposure to waffles like this

in high school one summer

was in spain doing some homestay ish and me and my 2 friends just went mad with power

they had these everywhere

these gofres

gofre.jpg?w=900

chocolate
    mmm
    dulce de leche
    mmm

i forget what other kinds

poo
    weed dulce de leche
    on a scoop of vanilla gelato
    on a belgian waffle

that is all

oh my

oh my god

if I could somehow get the leftover bits from our vape sessions into the can

or hell if I just made dulce de leche properly and put it in at some point in the process...

no

no this can't be done

it's too good

Some of my Magic friends are arguing over the buttcrack photo gallery.

For once, I'm arguing on the side of public shame.

Feels weird.

nh4fa5f4fb.jpg

rRwz9.gif
    I mean the dude just posted pictures of other dudes sitting public, no identifying information, most of the time their faces weren't visible, no silly captions, no call to harass anybody.

Just pictures of an event that was open to the public.

That isn't harassment! That's just somebody posting a picture of your ass.

and then i was in college

and then

the wafels truck started coming all the way uptown to campus

gg waffles

poo
This discussion has been closed.