As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tiny [chat] is dreaming

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    ok so the most recent adventure time double episode

that was something else

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    i see i was asked to mak [chat]

whilst i was away

prolly a good thing since i had no [chat] to mak

aRkpc.gif
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I'm furious at this and have nowhere to post it.

THUS
    Among the things that anti-gay activist Scott Lively told Ugandans was that “sociopathic” gays were probably involved in the genocide in Rwanda.

Lively, the founder of the Massachusetts-based Defend the Family International, on several occasions traveled to Uganda to push for greater sanctions against gays.

Last month, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni signed a law that increases the penalties for homosexuality in a nation where gay sex was already illegal. As approved, the law calls for life imprisonment for the crime of “aggravated homosexuality.” A previous version of the bill called for the death penalty.

Western nations, including the United States, have condemned the law.

In a story published Monday, Mother Jones' Mariah Blake exposes what Lively told Ugandans.

In a 5-hour televised marathon presentation held in 2009, Lively claimed that gay men and women were aggressively recruiting Uganda's children and labeled some gays “monsters … so far from normalcy that they're killers.”

“They're sociopaths,” he continued. “There's no mercy at all. There's no nurturing. No caring about anybody else. … This is the kind of person it takes to run a gas chamber.”

He added that the genocide in neighboring Rwanda “probably involved these guys.”

No analogy was too absurd for Lively to promote, including likening homosexuality to a disease that overwhelms the immune system.

“The body begins to suffer, disintegrate,” he told the crowd, which included Ugandan cabinet members. “We need public policy that discourages homosexuality.”

The story also covers how Lively is being sued for what he said in Uganda.

ARRRGGHHH PINK SMASH BAD MAN

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

THUS
    Among the things that anti-gay activist Scott Lively told Ugandans was that “sociopathic” gays were probably involved in the genocide in Rwanda.

Lively, the founder of the Massachusetts-based Defend the Family International, on several occasions traveled to Uganda to push for greater sanctions against gays.

Last month, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni signed a law that increases the penalties for homosexuality in a nation where gay sex was already illegal. As approved, the law calls for life imprisonment for the crime of “aggravated homosexuality.” A previous version of the bill called for the death penalty.

In a story published Monday, Mother Jones' Mariah Blake exposes what Lively told Ugandans.

In a 5-hour televised marathon presentation held in 2009, Lively claimed that gay men and women were aggressively recruiting Uganda's children and labeled some gays “monsters … so far from normalcy that they're killers.”

“They're sociopaths,” he continued. “There's no mercy at all. There's no nurturing. No caring about anybody else. … This is the kind of person it takes to run a gas chamber.”

He added that the genocide in neighboring Rwanda “probably involved these guys.”

No analogy was too absurd for Lively to promote, including likening homosexuality to a disease that overwhelms the immune system.

“The body begins to suffer, disintegrate,” he told the crowd, which included Ugandan cabinet members. “We need public policy that discourages homosexuality.”

Ugh!

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

whilst i was away

didn't stop me

i thrive on mediocrity

it is my bread and butter

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    [Chat] Poem
    Spring is here
    The grass verdant
    Dogwoods blossom without fear
    Ludious sneezes
    Fuck this gay earth

Also they've already arrested two employees for the robbery and murder of the Taco Bell manager.
    It remains closed.
    kFExhZt.jpg

Bless your heart.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Well. This morning I got water all down my inner thigh making it look like I'd done a wee in my trousers.

I've just done it again but on the other leg. Fine work, Mojo. Fine work.
    that's the best

Neco wrote: »

THUS

Ugh!

This is the same guy that has written a book describing how homosexuals were the secret masterminds behind the Nazi party and the holocaust.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

whilst i was away

didn't stop me

i thrive on mediocrity

it is my wonderbread and i can't believe it's not butter

THUS

there is always going to be some swivel eyed loon saying this sort of shit

the secret to a happy life is to not go out looking for them

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

THUS

What does it take to, like, kick him out of the country.

Apparently this dude belongs in Uganda, with his people.

if you had asked me to predict ways in which the Commonwealth of Nations would find itself divided, "an American pastor politicizing homosexuality" would not have been at the top of the list

aRkpc.gif
    TTODewback wrote: »

Fuck this gay earth

really dude

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    they misspelled inconvenience

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    that is an excellent sign

the taco bell one

and the tiny grass

fuck yeah signs

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Bluh, I need to review my resume and I am not good at selling myself, especially since I have very little work experience.

Fuck this gay earth

really dude

this is part of the [chat] lexicon used by practically all and not an attack on homosexuality

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Wedding photos have come in.

Here is Gus agreeing to be my best man.

13025481523_3a96a1f47b_b_zpsab41be1b.jpg

Here he is performing his duties.

13025772744_05f519a8c1_b_zps1ea07dbd.jpg

and bonus shot!

13025772554_be387ee44c_b_zps61606631.jpg

also, christ, i swear the default expression on my face is mild disappointment.

first doge best man

another step forward in the march for doge civil rights

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Gus's ears are better styled than most human's hair

Bless your heart.
    Delmain wrote: »

THUS

What does it take to, like, kick him out of the country.

Apparently this dude belongs in Uganda, with his people.

at least in the states he's unlikley to convince many people

and if he does the law is against him

in Uganda he could actually succeed in forming the lynch mobs he clearly wants

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

THUS

Ugh!

This is the same guy that has written a book describing how homosexuals were the secret masterminds behind the Nazi party and the holocaust.

So I guess all of the gay people sent to concentration camps were like...just to cover up the truth?

america exporting its culture wars is ... not new. not new at all, really

unfortunately there is remarkably little that can be done except banning missionaries from operating, and that sort of move tends to make your country a pariah in some circles

aRkpc.gif
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Photo of dog doing keg stand at SUNY Brockport party leads to arrests

wut

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Bluh, I need to review my resume and I am not good at selling myself, especially since I have very little work experience.

Build up your education section showing and describing relevant coursework. Also put down any relevant volunteer work or clubs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Fuck this gay earth

really dude

Yes.

Really.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I'm a little tired of genocide.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Build up your education section showing and describing relevant coursework. Also put down any relevant volunteer work or clubs.

Lol...

volounteer work and clubs.

But maybe it's not a bad idea to add a bit from my coursework to it...

america exporting its culture wars is ... not new. not new at all, really

unfortunately there is remarkably little that can be done except banning missionaries from operating, and that sort of move tends to make your country a pariah in some circles

a country founded by missionaries is not going to ban missionaries

i do think perhaps people should be held to the laws of their home nation

not that it would help in this case because hate speech is covered by the first amendment

but the idea isn't without precedent, in the UK for example I'm accountable to British corruption law wherever i am in the world, i can be charged at home for bribing foreign government officials

i'm glad i'm part of a comedy society that runs actual workshops and charitable events and such

"i get on a stage and talk about my cock" probably wouldn't go down too well on a cv

the Commonwealth thing is of particular note since Scotland is gleefully kicking up a fuss, and the Commonwealth has discarded the 1971 principle of non-intervention in favour of compulsory intervention in 1991

aRkpc.gif
    I would repost the image its from, but it was posted yesterday by someone and having it in [chat] more than once every 6 months is tantamount to treason.

Bless your heart.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i'm glad i'm part of a comedy society that runs actual workshops and charitable events and such

"i get on a stage and talk about my cock" probably wouldn't go down too well on a cv

no you should totally do it

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Ugh.

Just last week I had my rotors and pads replaced.

Today, my car is making a horrid grinding and rubbing sound the longer I go, which gets worse when the brakes are applied, and the pads squeal. I think that something is wrong, as the brakes were replaced on a fairly cold day, and things are starting to warm up.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

THUS

Ugh!

So I guess all of the gay people sent to concentration camps were like...just to cover up the truth?

A clever ruse thought up by the rapidly dissolving homosexuals

WE KNOW WHO THE REAL GENOCIDERS ARE! WE KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT 9/11!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

we could always find something else to do...

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Genocide ennui?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.