As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] - Blizzard's CCG - League matches must be complete by Sunday night!

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    So many times I avoid buffing my 4-attack units to avoid exposing them to the poor Priest spells

ha!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Dissapointed in the changes to pagel and tink. Seriously, tink was like the only card that behaved the way it did, and it made it unique. Now its just another card. I was hoping for a few more changes. I've been hording my dupes instead of dusting them for a while now.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    I disagree and think Leeroy is the best Legendary to craft as a first. Because generally a newer player will be playing rush decks, because they are cheaper on the epics/legendaries and Leeroy goes into all of them.

Plus in a way I think leeroy is one of the more problematic legendaries, at least if it turns out they hate charge decks that just go for the face. Rogue can turn him into a 5 mana pyroblast, for example. So there's always a chance he'll get nerfed and then you would get all your dust back !

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My fiancee went 8-3 in the Arena last night with a Shaman deck. Her previous best was 6 wins.

Almost got a 9th win, but couldn't get a Bloodlust draw against a Priest. Finally got it and he survived with 1 HP. The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    RNG made me his bitch last night. Couldn't win a game to save my life. Enemy bombers always took out my units or hit me, my bombers never hit their targets and usually hit me in the face or my units.

• SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Ya I don't like the tink nerf, especially since it's just because it was being used. And a creative use for the first people to think of it.

Randomness is fun. Randomness in a tournament setting deciding games is not fun. The latter was what happened with Tink. Blizz could have removed the randomness to combat this. They instead chose to nerf Tink so he won't get played in every single deck so he won't decide as many games with his randomness. It also solves the problem while keeping the randomness (that they like) intact.

Honestly, I don't even see pre-nerf Tink as especially random. You almost never Tink something that would be worse on the board than a Devilsaur, which makes it more or less straight-up removal. Getting a squirrel is really just an unnecessary bonus.

'Creative' uses include things like yolo Tinking your own minions hoping for a Devilsaur (which is still something you can sort-of do with the new Tink; you just don't get to choose who you roll the die against), and... i can't really think of anything else, honestly. Like milski says, it was just a Polymorph attached to a 2/2 body.

Haha, I wish I kept a log of how many of my games were swung because the opponent used Tink on my yeti/water elemental/azure drake and got a squirrel. That is the kind of play I absolutely hate, when your opponent just forces a coin flip on you, Russian Roulette style, so I'm very happy with the upcoming change.

• rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    Just read the patch notes....secrets now ONLY trigger on your opponent's turn. This is massive nerf to redemption (and a slight nerf to eye for an eye but who cares about that).

The reasoning is that with this change they can create better secrets....

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The main portion of the PA League is finished. Congratulations everyone, and hope it was fun!

In first place, we have @TannerMS, @L1ght‌, and @Invictus, who went undefeated all month! Bravo to you three! @Saphier‌ came in a close fourth place.

Don't be discouraged if you didn't do too well, some of the PA players are scary-good with their decks and play. And hopefully it was fun, since that was our goal.

Now then, what we really need is to figure out who is the true PA Hearthstone Champion! The four top players, would you guys be ready for a playoff tournament between you all in order to determine a ranking?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited March 2014
    I despise an RNG based game style. It basically removes a large portion of the user-experience because we're just riding along to whatever's decided for us.

Poker's not really RNG at all. It's all based on a set deck of cards and what gets drafted is all probability based from a controlled pool so you can have a more educated play style.

Compared to that fucking fisherman, tink master, mad bomber, etc., who leaves it all up to RNGesus' willy nilly sense of fairness.
    It's complete bullshit and I think greatly diminishes from the user experience and skill based play.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    I despise an RNG based game style. It basically removes a large portion of the user-experience because we're just riding along to whatever's decided for us.

Poker's not really RNG at all. It's all based on a set deck of cards and what gets drafted is all probability based from a controlled pool so you can have a more educated play style.

Compared to that fucking fisherman, tink master, mad bomber, etc., who leaves it all up to RNGesus' willy nilly sense of fairness.
    It's complete bullshit and I think greatly diminishes from the user experience and skill based play.

I bet you turn off items in Smash Bros MMMig. ;)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    That smash ball can go to hell and DIAF (that's twice the death).

Then be brought back with Dragonballs only to DIAF again.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Just read the patch notes....secrets now ONLY trigger on your opponent's turn. This is massive nerf to redemption (and a slight nerf to eye for an eye but who cares about that).

That sucks, one of my favorite non-serious decks revolved around that trick. Really hurts the argent commander revive.

I would download a car.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one who really finds hard to justify picking any 4 drop (and most 5 drops) above Yeti? Because holy shit are those guys hard to deal with. Twilight Drakes in Handlock (what a cheesy bullshit deck) maybe, but not much else.
    It's a good card, but my 4 slot is always so clogged I usually don't have room for it or Tazdingo.

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »

That sucks, one of my favorite non-serious decks revolved around that trick. Really hurts the argent commander revive.

This is pretty rough for eye for an eye plays as well.

• JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    So now Tink is worthless, and Eye for an Eye lost its only decent use? Pagle never really bothered me so whatever.

Not a fan of these changes.

sig.gif
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Boo, I wanted to use the Sylvanas/Cairne I was gonna craft in amusing Redemption shenanigans. Poor Pally took a beating this patch.

Also real talk, fuck the smash ball. All other items are fair game though, that shit's just fun.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • kraughmarkraughmar Kingston, ONRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    The main portion of the PA League is finished. Congratulations everyone, and hope it was fun!

In first place, we have @TannerMS, @L1ght‌, and @Invictus, who went undefeated all month! Bravo to you three! @Saphier‌ came in a close fourth place.

Don't be discouraged if you didn't do too well, some of the PA players are scary-good with their decks and play. And hopefully it was fun, since that was our goal.

Now then, what we really need is to figure out who is the true PA Hearthstone Champion! The four top players, would you guys be ready for a playoff tournament between you all in order to determine a ranking?
    "Well, there's no shame in bein' beaten by the best."
    "But he didn't seem all that..."
    "We were beaten by the best, boy."

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

My triple Pagle arena deck, nooooooo!!!

I only got 3 games in with it (2-1)!!! Ah well. It's not a very good deck anyways, even outside the Pagles, which probably weren't a great idea, but I figured, "When am I ever going to get to play with 2 Pagles?" and then I figured, "Well, I'm definitely never going to get to play with 3 Pagles!"

hippofant on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Well, the hand stacking bug just lost me a game.

Would be nice if they could fix that by the time they get out of Beta. In fact, it would be nice if they would fix all of the incredibly galling bugs (hand stacking, minions not showng proper positions) rather than doing balance changes at this juncture.

The issue where minions randomly swap battle positions with other minions is a result of many factors and issues. All known circumstances and issues that result in minions dancing randomly around have been resolved.
    Cards now better respect personal space while in a player’s hand. Similar to the minion swapping issue, all known circumstances and issues that result in cards overlapping with other cards in a player’s hand have been resolved.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited March 2014
    So interesting tidbit on eggy's stream last night:

There was a 4-6 taunt druid of the claw who was first silenced (taunt removed), then buffed by a defender of argus (so now it was a 5-7 with taunt). It still had that pink aura that all silenced units carry forever.

The opponent then plays a faceless on it but the faceless copied the 5-7 minion without the taunt.

Pretty sure it's meant to copy the taunt and it's a possible bug that the copy mistook the silence to affect both taunt effects in the card's history?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra

There was a 4-6 taunt druid of the claw who was first silenced (taunt removed), then buffed by a defender of argus (so now it was a 5-7 with taunt). It still had that pink aura that all silenced units carry forever.

The opponent then plays a faceless on it but the faceless copied the 5-7 minion without the taunt.

Pretty sure it's meant to copy the taunt and it's a possible bug that the copy mistook the silence to affect both taunt effects in the card's history?

I think someone on here has noticed that before, but yeah, that's almost certainly a bug

Steam profile
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    kraughmar wrote: »

"Well, there's no shame in bein' beaten by the best."
    "But he didn't seem all that..."
    "We were beaten by the best, boy."
    This reference is super-great, btw.

I think someone on here has noticed that before, but yeah, that's almost certainly a bug
    Yeah, I've seen people in this thread talking about similar Faceless Manipulator issues before. I think it always involved a minion that was silenced and then buffed post-silence.

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Ya I don't like the tink nerf, especially since it's just because it was being used. And a creative use for the first people to think of it.

Randomness is fun. Randomness in a tournament setting deciding games is not fun. The latter was what happened with Tink. Blizz could have removed the randomness to combat this. They instead chose to nerf Tink so he won't get played in every single deck so he won't decide as many games with his randomness. It also solves the problem while keeping the randomness (that they like) intact.

[/quote]

The problem here isn't so much tink, it's the randomness of the card. There's better ways to change it. Right now it's a change because it's being used. Why not change it to "change enemy minion into a 5/5 devilsaur" and balance it around that? If a card in a tournament settings problem is its randomness, find a way to get rid of that.

I just don't like the approach they're taking with changing/nerfing some cards. Instead of fixing them, lets make them more random?

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular

Was this a problem? This makes some of the secrets pretty worthless now IMO. The only way to use most of them is to get creative with them/dictate when they pop.

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

The problem here isn't so much tink, it's the randomness of the card. There's better ways to change it. Right now it's a change because it's being used. Why not change it to "change enemy minion into a 5/5 devilsaur" and balance it around that? If a card in a tournament settings problem is its randomness, find a way to get rid of that.

I just don't like the approach they're taking with changing/nerfing some cards. Instead of fixing them, lets make them more random?

Randomness is fun for the spectator. I don't get this whole anti-random movement. Might as well nerf the suspense of Rag's random attack and the card draw of Ysera too. Let's take out the fun of trusting in bomber while we're at it.

Lilnoobs on

Was this a problem? This makes some of the secrets pretty worthless now IMO. The only way to use most of them is to get creative with them/dictate when they pop.

Apparently with the new secrets yes it was going to be a problem, pretty much only affects those two paladin secrets

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    As a spectator, I don't like randomness.

I accept it to some degree, but I'm not fond of more of it

Steam profile
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

Randomness is fun for the spectator. I don't get this whole anti-random movement. Might as well nerf the suspense of Rag's random attack and the card draw of Ysera too. Let's take out the fun of trusting in bomber while we're at it.

As a spectator I prefer to appreciate skill over luck.

Because skill I know I can work towards.

Working towards luck? I guess there's ways to do so...

cinema-majorleague-jobosmoking.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i have destroyed Pagle! it was satisfying.

now i don't know what to do with the dust. there are too many good options.

Actually kind of saving my dust to see how the meta goes

or for expansion cards

CD World Tour status:
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

To: MCT International

hello i recently did the update for my tc 130 mental dislocator which said it would fix the problem where it mind controlled the wrong thing

but when i tried to use it it mind controlled a 0/2 taunt totem instead of a 6/9 drake

wtf

totems dont even have minds!!!!

this product still doesnt work :(

To: Valued Customer

We are very grateful that you have chosen to participate in the launch of the TC 130 Mental Dislocator (TM), and excited to be approaching the end of the alpha testing phase of our flagship product. We've rode some rough waters together, but are confident that years of enjoyment lie ahead for you & your TC 130 Mental Dislocator (TM).

We want to clarify some of the misunderstandings about the recent firmware patch & the concerns surroundings these misunderstandings. This patch introduced our patented TruScope technology to your device, which will now automatically dislocate the mind of a given minion according to your astrological personality type! If your TC 130 Mental Dislocator (TM) often chooses Totems with no real benefit, for example, your product is recognizing that you are a highly talented individual who believes in fair play & enjoys overcoming personal challenges.

We hope this satisfies your inquiry.

Best regards,

MCT International

With Love and Courage
  • JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    Apparently the game is now live?

What do you mean? Not in beta anymore?

Steam profile
    JackdawGin wrote: »
    Apparently the game is now live?

Yes, NA is now back up.

With Love and Courage
    Oh.

Uh.

The client does say that we're now officially out of Beta.

:|

Well, I hope that means they fixed the hand stacking bug, at least.

With Love and Courage
    This is still a test season though right

CD World Tour status:
  • JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    We're out of Beta and releasing on time.

All right! Hearthstone is live!

So, uh, seems like that doesn't mean much except people can't get golden Mekkatorque anymore? And presumably no more card changes unless something turns out to be really out of line?

This discussion has been closed.