As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New mobile style

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Embedded YouTube videos still get compressed to height of one line of text when I click them, thereby making them unwatchable embedded. Have to hold until menu appears, everything but topmost line is cut off. Lucky that line is copy URL, but still make the embedding useless.

Also, is there a way to delete drafts?

Chrome on Nexus 5

steam_sig.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    ultimakay wrote: »
    So I found an issue with trying to play YouTube videos that are posted to the forums. After clicking the video it just shows this:
    JiVnjZN.jpg

I'm using safari, iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6

This exact YouTube thing is what I too an seeing

steam_sig.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Can we please see the total number of pages in the thread were reading? A simple x/x would be great in telling if I'm in fact on the last page or how many more pages I have to go.

50433.png?1708759015
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Can we please see the total number of pages in the thread were reading? A simple x/x would be great in telling if I'm in fact on the last page or how many more pages I have to go.

You can tell if you're on the last page or not based on whether the "Last" navigation button is visible. It's only there when you aren't on the last page. However, I agree it would be nice to have a bit more to know exactly how much is left.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Is it the intent that we subscribe to threads we want to read regularly and just disable new thread notifications, rendering that functionality useless, or is there a plan to go back to something akin to the old color scheme which told me which threads I'd read versus threads I'd never opened?

What is this I don't even.
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Soooo

Im having an issue in threads while trying to.. Well, read te thread where it snaps me to tr last post. Thats even happening in this vwry thread. Cant scroll at all, i attempt to and it snaps be back down with an angry fist. Ios, safari. Only happening within the past week?? Seems to have nothing to do wrh spoilers or anything, its just wildly angrily snapping me and disallowing me to read any posts. I managed to click on this text box quickly but the backgrounds still furioisly trying to snap me, hense the bad typing

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I just saw this too. My screen just started scrolling up uncontrollably and wouldn't stop. Had to completely close out the page and switch out if the mobile user agent.

But yeah, I can't use this. It's way too buggy. Half the time I can't get my phone's keyboard to properly pop up on a text field. And even when it does, I can't see what I'm typing because the bottom bar covers half my visible screen space. I spent like 15 minutes just trying to get the edit dialog to work, only to have my phone refuse to show its keyboard. I ended up just switching the user agent to desktop (which I'm on now) because that works fine. :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    browser/os version pls

Ios 5.1 browser safari

Its not happening when i just now viewed this thread. It usually seems to happen when im on 3g? Dont know how helpful that is

(yes i know i havent updated my OS in forever)

Kochikens wrote: »
    Ios 5.1 browser safari

Update your OS dumb dumb.

New google maps still infuriates me!!! I cant save addresses easily! I DO WHAT I WANT, TUBE

Fine, but we're not supporting your dumb old timey OS that you operate with a hand crank.

Tccccchhhhhh!!! Finefine

iOS with Chrome, I any seem to click on the star to bookmark threads both in the thread and when browsing the forums

Steam profile
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    browser/os version pls

Android 2.3.4, Dolphin Mini browser

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Why doesn't this mobile site work with Lynx?? **harglebarglearglegle**

(Okay, I didn't actually try it.)

Edit: Actually, it kinda sorta does totally work... *shrug*

RandomHajile on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Ios 5.1 browser safari

Its not happening when i just now viewed this thread. It usually seems to happen when im on 3g? Dont know how helpful that is

(yes i know i havent updated my OS in forever)

I can never stop screaming @ this

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    that youtube thing is happening to me on chrome, iOS 7

poo
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    that youtube thing is happening to me on chrome, iOS 7
    Chrome, Android jellybean as well

When I go to my drafts page a gray vertical line shows up over the page

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    It's pretty busted on Windows Phone 7.8 IE. All the links in the black bar and in the top two corners are just little rectangles, and the black bar is locked in place where it loads, scroll down and it just scrolls off the screen. Apologies if this has been reported before, I was a goose and didn't search the thread.

pimento on
    So It Goes wrote: »
    When I go to my drafts page a gray vertical line shows up over the page

Also happens on bookmarks page sometimes

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    This might have been answered and I feel silly asking, but when I mobile post I cannot see what I'm typing in the box because the HTC desire s 's keyboard covers the box.

Has this been solved, is there an easy way around ?

Not sure, but if there was a way to detect when you have a cursor in the reply text field to force the navigation overlay things to stay gone that would be a good way to handle it.

• cassiusregicidecassiusregicide Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    It's pretty busted on Windows Phone 7.8 IE. All the links in the black bar and in the top two corners are just little rectangles, and the black bar is locked in place where it loads, scroll down and it just scrolls off the screen. Apologies if this has been reported before, I was a goose and didn't search the thread.

Just wanted to post that I had the same problem

@IcyLiquid‌

Image uploads are all dorked up on mobile Safari

Desktop site on iPad lets you upload images, but gives them generic file name image.jpg

If 'image.jpg' was posted by someone else, you can't upload another photo, you get a 'image.jpg has already been posted' error

Using stuff like imgupr and whatnot to host & link works ok, but being able to host & post direct is pretty handy too

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Copy that, will log report w/ developer tomorrow.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I don't know where the problem lies but I can't get the mobile site to play embedded videos.

Taping them turns them from a still image to a single line where I have to guess where the share/address bar is so I can copy and paste it to play.

Other then that, I'm liking the it now with all the improvements being made.

newSig.jpg
    Yeah the video embed is a known issue, they're probably workin on it

As of about a week ago I stopped being able to bookmark threads on mobile. Anyone else experiencing this?? I click on that star and nothin happens

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    As of about a week ago I stopped being able to bookmark threads on mobile. Anyone else experiencing this?? I click on that star and nothin happens

Same issue for me too. Galaxy s3 version 4.1.2

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    @Kochikens‌ @Folken Fanel@Abracadaniel‌ all noted, all being worked on.
    Gracias.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    is there a price i can pay to not have the search field show up above the quick reply box

i often type the post in it on accident because its the first big white block below the thread

Agreed and same

Whoa new Edit Post dingus

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Safari on iOS, mobile is brooooooke

45EBCCDC-AA2D-4860-BA5A-5B66313692CD.png

BLM - ACAB
    Chrome looks kind of like that if I stop it from loading fully. Just checking that you didn't do that :P

Steam profile
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Happened to me too.

Currently phone posting in desktop version.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Huh it's happening to me too. Chrome on iOS. Only about 50% of the time

Steam profile
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Seems to be fine now

BLM - ACAB