As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of Shield] Thread is under quarantine for potential Captain America 2 spoilers!

• ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I would honestly be surprised if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't get renewed.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if it didn't... TAHITI was its lowest rated.

But hopefully the network is smart enough to realize that part of the reason for dropping ratings is because they've been absolutely awful with its schedule. It had a two week break, followed by two episodes, then a nearly month long break for a single episode, followed by yet another month long break. That's just cruel to do to a new show.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »

The Olympics has fucked up all the programming schedules. It'll gain ratings again once ABC keeps new episodes in a regular schedule.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I worked at an ABC Affiliate for 10 Years and still talk to a ton of people from there.

There is a less than 5% chance it gets cancelled.

Barring anything insane from cast members or show creators, its coming back. Everyone is super happy with ratings.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    I like it they managed to put enough awesome and new shit into the next episode after huge deathlok reveal that we wouldn't even be talking about that an episode later

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I'm curious about how the show does online.

I mean, speaking personally: I'm in the prime demographic, and I don't watch it on TV, I download through iTunes.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Yeah there's no way Shield is one and done. Its ratings are fine and there's too much cross promotional stuff

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Yeah there's no way Shield is one and done. Its ratings are fine and there's too much cross promotional stuff

They'd probably be willing to even eat a bit of cost just for the cross promotional stuff

steam_sig.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

"Lowest rated" means nothing without context though. How low is that relative to what's need to be a successful show?

• TaminTamin Registered User regular

wiki doesn't have the ratings up for TAHITI. Where are you getting that information?

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I'm curious about how the show does online.

I mean, speaking personally: I'm in the prime demographic, and I don't watch it on TV, I download through iTunes.

The last I heard was that it picks up an additional 1million+ viewers when you add in people who get it online legally after its initial airing.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    So I'm not against the "sexy lady entrances men" power as a rule. I just wish this one had been dealt with a bit better. (very mild spoilers for the new ep)
    The "it doesn't work on women?" "no, only men" thing is just weird. It's based on desire (though implications are it's not solely sexual), so why doesn't it work on lesbians? Does it work on gay men? If not, a line from Sif about "it doesn't work on those women who favor women and it does on men who favor men" would make that clear.

It's...for lack of a better term, it's heteronormative, even more than most network TV.

Or am I just being oversensitive?

Shadowen on
  • XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    So I'm not against the "sexy lady entrances men" power as a rule. I just wish this one had been dealt with a bit better. (very mild spoilers for the new ep)
    The "it doesn't work on women?" "no, only men" thing is just weird. It's based on desire (though implications are it's not solely sexual), so why doesn't it work on lesbians? Does it work on gay men? If not, a line from Sif about "it doesn't work on those women who favor women and it does on men who favor men" would make that clear.

It's...for lack of a better term, it's heteronormative, even more than most network TV.

Or am I just being oversensitive?

Because it's magic, and not biology.

Also from this episode...
    frost giant?

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Kree confirmed.

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Also we've confirmed that
    Kree
    are part of the MCU.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So a few things about this episode
    I'm not liking Skye. She started off as a hackivist revealing SHIELD's shit and now at the end of the episode she finds out she got alien blood in her and she's like whatever. She should be the driving force looking for anwsers and Coulson struggling between his Duty and his Wants.

Also, two things are being set up here. Thor 2 spoiler
    Since Loki is now Odin, and Sliv got orders from Odin, Loki is recruiting. This makes me happy.
    and with all of Fury's shit coming into play, I feel like the Secret Wars are coming, maybe not in such a lame ass way as the comics did since we can't have Spiderman or Wolverine but its coming. I wonder if Fall of Fury is going to be in Winter Soldier or its own movie.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Just want to say:
    Kree confirmed! :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I'm not surprised with Skye being cool with things because, like she said, she's already an 084 and the drug saved her life. Coulson, on the other hand, feels betrayed by SHIELD. He didn't want to come back, and now that he is back, he wants to know why.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So a few things about this episode
    I'm not liking Skye. She started off as a hackivist revealing SHIELD's shit and now at the end of the episode she finds out she got alien blood in her and she's like whatever. She should be the driving force looking for anwsers and Coulson struggling between his Duty and his Wants.

Also, two things are being set up here. Thor 2 spoiler
    Since Loki is now Odin, and Sliv got orders from Odin, Loki is recruiting. This makes me happy.
    and with all of Fury's shit coming into play, I feel like the Secret Wars are coming, maybe not in such a lame ass way as the comics did since we can't have Spiderman or Wolverine but its coming. I wonder if Fall of Fury is going to be in Winter Soldier or its own movie.

Pssst.

Nested spoilers no worky no mo'

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So... AoS/Thor 2 spoilers
    Loreli was brought back on orders of "Odin" huh....?

Wonder how much of that is keeping appearances or Loki gathering potential allies?

newSig.jpg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I really, really enjoyed this week's episode.

Also love even Sif referred to him as "Phil, Son of Coul".

newSig.jpg
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Did my eyes deceive me, or is next week another non-episode?

Yeah, but we'll get a bunch of trailers and behinds the scenes stuff (which I personally always enjoy).

newSig.jpg
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Man, that ending.

That ending.

Also (Guest House Speculation):
    The guy in the tube?
    agents-of-shield-body.jpg
    Doesn't he look similar to the guy in the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer that puts on the headphones?
    guardians-of-the-galaxy-headphones.jpg

Just... very similar facial structure. Not saying it's THAT guy, just... same species, perhaps?

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

Wonder how much of that is keeping appearances or Loki gathering potential allies?
    I didn't think about that, but that's a great point. I know Loki and the Enchantress teamed up against Thor plenty of times, at least.

uyvfOQy.png
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

I didn't think about that, but that's a great point. I know Loki and the Enchantress teamed up against Thor plenty of times, at least.
    Lorlei and Loki have had a working/schtooping relationship in the past.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Just want to say:
    Kree confirmed! :D

Well, either that or the Asgardians mistranslated the Goa'uld word for "hello."

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Also we've confirmed that
    Kree
    are part of the MCU.

They can use stuff on the show that they can't in the movies
    There's a Reed Richards namedrop in the very first episode of SHIELD.

Wait, upon listening to it again, I think that's wrong. Nevermind.

Undead Scottsman on
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »

Lorlei and Loki have had a working/schtooping relationship in the past.

I immediately thought of that too. Also
    Who else was freed during the prison break? We could have a couple more Asgardians show up in the future.

Anyone have a whole list of the races Sif rattled off?

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Well I know this is no Lost or something, but the titles of the thread keep spoiling what's going to happen in the episodes before I've had a chance to watch.

I figure I could take a bear.
    I watched the episode and I have no idea what to what the title is referring.

edited March 2014
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Well I know this is no Lost or something, but the titles of the thread keep spoiling what's going to happen in the episodes before I've had a chance to watch.

Not sure where you get this, as I pretty much choose pretty vague and silly quotes for most of the thread titles. I try not to choose anything that directly relates to anything major in the plot department. (Only once have I used anything directly plot related, but it was something spoiled by the promo trailer, so I figured that fair territory)

For example, this title is just from a cute conversation between two characters that had nothing to do with the main plot.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

Not sure where you get this, as I pretty much choose pretty vague and silly quotes for most of the thread titles. I try not to choose anything that directly relates to anything major in the plot department. (Only once have I used anything directly plot related, but it was something spoiled by the promo trailer, so I figured that fair territory)

For example, this title is just from a cute conversation between two characters that had nothing to do with the main plot.

Said conversation also happened in the first two minutes of the episode. Its not really that much of a spoiler.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

Yeah, noone actually cares about skye.

steam_sig.png
    Speak for yourself, I enjoy her character quite a bit. She started off annoying, but has grown on me over the course of the show.

Actually I can say that about Ward too. He bored me at the start but has grown on me. In fact he's become a pretty fun character on the show. Serious spy McHunky that can still crack a joke.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • HounHoun Registered User regular

Yeah, noone actually cares about skye.

Here's your new thread title right here.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    So this was an excellent episode. And it was an amazing Coulson episode. And there were a whole bunch of little touches which were great.
    I just love when Coulson realizes Lorelai has got to Fitz, and just rolls with it mid-sentence.

Holy hell this episode was pretty tied into Thor 2. On orders of Odin that she be brought back alive ay?

Skye has become pretty cool. Seriously - alien drug saves your life, the correct reaction is "well I'm alive and not dead, so seems like it was a good idea". I am pro this-world-view, but I also get how Coulson is at his.

The Ward and May fight was pretty brutally choreographed. Notable that Ward won it too. They're definitely getting way better at these.

Also god damn did I love the arsenal of night-night guns. Seriously it's like someone was reading this thread and just taking notes, because how that weapon has been portrayed so far is just awesome - the gradual development and increase and adaptation. The heavy hitter for taking down supers. I squeed.

EDIT: Also I loved when Sif beamed down that their response was to face-match her and realize she's obviously a friendly. It was a great moment of SHIELD being beurocratically awesome.

electricitylikesme on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    My only real complaint about this recent episode
    Ward is super well trained and was briefed that Lorlei could use her voice for mind control and if that failed, touch succeeded. When she was approaching Ward, why didn't he just shoot her? I would have been happier if that was his reaction and the weapon simply didn't work even it its more powerful state.

Overall though, I've REALLY enjoyed these past 3 episodes.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Ward is super well trained and was briefed that Lorlei could use her voice for mind control and if that failed, touch succeeded. When she was approaching Ward, why didn't he just shoot her? I would have been happier if that was his reaction and the weapon simply didn't work even it its more powerful state.

The answer to your question:
    Booooobs

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    jefe414 wrote: »

Yeah, that also threw me.
    They just went over how they could shoot first and ask questions later. I'd have shot everything that moved.

This discussion has been closed.