As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] 10th of March 2014: Quelle Horreur

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
zerzhul on

• Options
    BARBARIANBARBARIAN Registered User new member
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Dog got lazy on this one.

• Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    True Detective is fantastic, but if you get your hopes too high for anything other than references to strange fiction you might be disappointed. Good, old fashioned, real evil is at the heart of the show and it is far more frightening than any mythos.

• Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Didn't much care for this one.

• Options
    robotbeerobotbee Drop any other moon on his face -Jupiter has so many it won't even careRegistered User regular
    I love puns. I loved this strip. I also think True Detective is one of the better things to come along in some time.

Whom the fly chicks tagged Lenore, nameless here forevermore.
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    I like the strip, but the Jerry icon is just horrifying.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Dog got lazy on this one.
    Be on the lookout for a quick, brown fox.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    This will help:

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    This will help:

I appreciate the effort, but Jerry's is still worse.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I thought it was a brilliant strip, personally.

• Options
    ltkesslerltkessler Registered User new member
    Mr. Lovecraft weighs in on the show! http://youtu.be/G5xlYIRuczc

• Options
    arch4nonarch4non Registered User regular
    Did Mike and Jerry just discover Know Your Meme? Between this and the Ackbar comic from last week you'd think the next comic is going to be about Rickrolling.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    arch4non wrote: »
    Did Mike and Jerry just discover Know Your Meme? Between this and the Ackbar comic from last week you'd think the next comic is going to be about Rickrolling.

Is this all you post about?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Gee Henroid, it's a good thing we have you here to deal with people posting things to get attention.

• Options
    lifefeedlifefeed Registered User regular
    CSI: Innsmouth is now the only TV show I want to watch.

• Options
    robotbeerobotbee Drop any other moon on his face -Jupiter has so many it won't even careRegistered User regular
    lifefeed wrote: »

The casting for Mother Hydra and Father Dagon might be tricky, but I have faith in Hollywood.

Whom the fly chicks tagged Lenore, nameless here forevermore.
  • Options
    Evets616Evets616 Registered User new member
    I've really enjoyed PA for a long, long time now. But today? Today I finally love you.

• Options
    arch4nonarch4non Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is this all you post about?

Hey, no criticism allowed in these here parts.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    robotbee wrote: »
    lifefeed wrote: »

The casting for Mother Hydra and Father Dagon might be tricky, but I have faith in Hollywood.

"The tox-screen just came on the female. Our deep one had a 3.0 alcohollevel"
    "I see, it seems the girl was...loaded to the Gills"
    YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

"It's going to be hard to get a testimony out of these folks"
    "I guess we'll just have to see if we can find a...blubbermouth"
    YEEAAAAAAAAAH!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I've been considering watching this show, but I generally find it really tough to get into mystery shows. Lost basically drove me away from them forever due to that ages old debate that I'm not trying to renew, just clearly state how I came away feeling after the show.

How fantastical is this show? I see lots of references to the Lovecraft mythos, but I asked a non geek friend and he said there was no mystical stuff in the show (this was a couple episodes from the end). Is it one of those red herring shows where there's no way you can try to figure out what's going on, because the show is going to pull a moment of, "Haha, we distracted you by showing you stuff that wasn't the case. Here's the REAL answer!"? (Which is most detective/mystery shows, so it's obviously something good that's just not FOR me.)

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MumboJumboMumboJumbo Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I've been considering watching this show, but I generally find it really tough to get into mystery shows. Lost basically drove me away from them forever due to that ages old debate that I'm not trying to renew, just clearly state how I came away feeling after the show.

How fantastical is this show? I see lots of references to the Lovecraft mythos, but I asked a non geek friend and he said there was no mystical stuff in the show (this was a couple episodes from the end). Is it one of those red herring shows where there's no way you can try to figure out what's going on, because the show is going to pull a moment of, "Haha, we distracted you by showing you stuff that wasn't the case. Here's the REAL answer!"? (Which is most detective/mystery shows, so it's obviously something good that's just not FOR me.)

@Darkewolfe‌ I'll spoiler this just to be safe, but I don't really consider any of it to be spoilers in a meaningful sense.
    There is nothing supernatural in the series. The show may focus on two detectives and a murder case but the show doesn't function as a mystery in the traditional sense. It doesn't structure itself with build ups followed by big reveals. Events just sort of... happen. Things rarely progress they way you'd expect them to, but there's never any shyamalan-esque twists. Some people got caught up in the Lovecraftian references and cult conspiracies and were disappointed that the finale barely addressed those things, but the show was never really about that. It is intensely focused on the two main characters, their philosophies, their deeply flawed natures, and the world they inhabit. If that sort of thing interests you, you will probably enjoy the show. The final scene can be hit or miss with people, but it's nothing compared to the LOST final scene.