As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] 13th Age: Darskye-fall: Into the Wild Wood

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Proof readies himself for battle. He grins.

Geth roll 1d20+2 for Steeled for combat

And up to Level 2

Steeled for combat:
    1d20+2 12 [1d20=10]

Oats on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Initiative

Sheet update will be done by my turn. Spoiler alert: about to be able to throw lightning.

Initiative:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Kilroy remains for initiative and then we shall begin!

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I'll have a post up this evening. Sorry for the lack of activity. I have been insanely busy

Talfryn's new-found power includes sharper reactions.

Geth roll 1d20+8 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+8 17 [1d20=9]

• bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, I should level my character for real. I will try to get that up tomorrow.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Initiative
    GG: 20
    Infected Group: 18
    Kilroy:17
    Brute Group: 14
    Oats: 12
    Jdark: 7
    Auralynx:7
    Bss: 6

Stats!
    GG (Farkas): AC14 PD14 MD12 - 28/28 HP 
    Kilroy (Talfryn): AC17 PD15 MD12 - ?/? HP
    Oats (Proof): AC14 PD13 MD12 - 32/32 HP 
    Jdark (Clank): AC18 PD15 MD15 - ?/? HP
    Auralynx (Yancey): AC18 PD15 MD14 -?/? HP
    Bss (Barthas): AC17 PD13 MD13 - ?/? HP
    Brute 1: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 40/40 
    Brute 2: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 40/40
    Brute 3: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 40/40
    Infected group: AC 16 PD 13 MD 11 - 50/50

The party readies themselves for what is to come and they are struck with a few realizations. Some of these figures, three in particular, are much larger and seem to be tougher than the surrounding rabble. They are bulkier and deep and glowing blue veins throb under their skin. The eyes show no thought or spirit. Only a sickly light emanates from them. The smaller individuals are not to be underestimated either. There are strange grinding noises as they walk, and you can see that their bones are shifting and rearranging. They give off a uniform glow throughout their body as if hollow inside and filled with a blue flame.

You smell feverish sweat pouring from the former guards and prisoners. The smell of madness, sickness, and death. First to try and defuse the situation is @Grunt's Ghosts Farkas.

Map incoming. Please let me know what your current HP/recovery totals are, as well as your updated defenses. Thanks!

Erin The Red on
    Proof is at 32/32 HP, 9/9 recoveries.

Quick recap: All enemies here are 'close' so you can reach them within a move action and they can do the same for you.

Have we noticed the injured guard? Also Proof would yell for the other guard to stay the hell back if he looked like he was going to join the fight.

Yeah, you saw the figures lumbering towards them when you guys entered this area. The tokens don't show it, but the intact guard had sort of dragged his wounded friend to where they are now. The 'arms under your armpits, drag you back with me' sort of thing. They're both sort of slumped on the ground. The guard seems a bit pinned down by his injured friend.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    HP: 28

"God, I hope this isn't what they ate. I don't think ladies like blue crystals and glowing eyes. Or maybe they do." The halfling draws his blade and rushes forward towards the first group of infected. Farkas's blade however don't strike true. Instead the blade slides through the flames. If it did damage is unknown, as the creature shows no sign of discomfort.
    Geth roll 1d20+6 to hit AC

Geth roll 2d8+4 for Damage

to hit AC:
    1d20+6 14 [1d20=8]
    Damage:
    2d8+4 12 [2d8=1, 7]

Grunt's Ghosts on
    edited March 2014
    After the narrow miss with his weapon, the infected ones shuffle towards their prey. They prioritize the one who struck them first and the metal man, thinking he will be harder to kill.

Many are able to land hits. They use simple weapons. Mining hammers, pickaxes, batons. One uses fingers which have turned into shimmering blue claws. He strikes a deep gash into Farkas' side.

Two hits on Farkas, one is a crit. 15 damage total.
    Two hits on Clank. 10 Damage total.

Initiative
    ---> Kilroy:17
    Jdark: 7

Stats!
    GG (Farkas): AC14 PD14 MD12 - 13/28 HP - STAGGERED
    Kilroy (Talfryn): AC17 PD15 MD12 - ?/? HP
    Jdark (Clank): AC18 PD15 MD15 - ?/? HP (minus ten from max)
    Auralynx (Yancey): AC18 PD15 MD14 -?/? HP
    Infected group: AC 16 PD 13 MD 11 - 48/50

Geth, roll 2#1d20+6 for Farkas AC (5 on hit)
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+6 for Clank AC (5 on hit)

Farkas AC (5:
    2#1d20+6 2 # 22 [1d20=16] 26 [1d20=20]
    Clank AC (5:
    3#1d20+6 3 # 19 [1d20=13] 7 [1d20=1] 24 [1d20=18]

Erin The Red on
    2014-03-12_1515_zps6affcaac.png
    @Kilroy , you're up!

I hate you, Geth.

Yeah, that was... rough. Sorry :(

Oh ew a 20.

In my meatspace game last Sunday, as GM I rolled six crits across two encounters.

I was honestly not expecting 4 out of 5 swings to hit. 60% were over 15! Which is nuts. I will now roll like shit forever. So that's fun

edited March 2014
    GMs get a hidden passive of +5 to all d20 rolls against squishy targets that probably shouldn't eat a crit.

EDIT: I'm currently assuming yes, but we haven't had a Full Rest right? Daily spells are still burned, etc?

DoublEdit: Of course they are, otherwise TRV wouldn't want to know HP/surges.

Oats on
    edited March 2014
    Talfryn has 40 hp and 8 recoveries

I'll have a full post up when I get home tonight

Kilroy on
    If we haven't gotten a full rest, Barthas is at 25/28 HP, 7/8 recoveries.

Updated Barthas:
    Barthas Everlight ("Bart")
    Demontouched cleric 2

Str 14
    Con 11
    Dex 10
    Int 11
    Wis 18
    Cha 8

AC 17
    PD 13
    MD 13

HP 28
    Recoveries 8
    Recovery Dice: 2d8

Basic melee attack: +4, 2d6+2 on hit, 2 on miss
    Basic ranged attack: +2, 2d6 on hit, - on miss

One Unique Thing: Cursed offspring of the Diabolist. He only partially suspects this, but it is the truth, his bloodline traces directly back, somehow, to the Diabolist. An oracle once told him that the fate of the mother is bound to the son. Whether this means he can redeem her, or is tied to her, he cannot ascertain.

Icon Relationships
    Diabolist - Conflicted 2: Barthas's actual beliefs and actions in life run entirely contrary to the demon-worshipping ways of the Diabolist's cults, but they still mean something to each other --- they are blood relatives, after all.
    Priestess - Positive 1: When Barthas found his faith, he pledged his life to the Gods of Light as represented by the Priestess. Justice's Embrace have particularly good standing among adventurer and martial types.

Backgrounds
    Never welcome 2: Barthas is used to blending in with a crowd, slipping an angry mob, talking down angry bigots, and generally keeping out of the limelight.
    Acolyte of Justice's Embrace 3: Barthas believes, ultimately, in a uniting brotherhood borne from the battlefield, and is familiar with the related faiths.
    Escaped street rat 2: From his years leaving on the streets, Barthas has some idea how to handle rough sorts and make it out with his life and maybe even a bit of information
    Just a touch of demon blood 1: Barthas doesn't try to think about it often, but he does some research into his nature when possible. It might just save his life.

Racial power: Curse of Chaos
    Class features: Heal, Ritual Magic
    Domains (Talents): Healing, Community, Justice
    Standard Spells: Bless, Cure Wounds, Javelin of Faith, Shield of Faith, Spirits of the Righteous

Feats: Healing Domain Adventurer feat, Heal Adventurer feat

Gear: plate mail, large heavy shield, mace, light crossbow, crossbow bolts, a small silver shield hung around his neck acting as his holy symbol, 25 gp, a length of rope (25 ft), two torches, trail rations, a prayer book, a small drawstring bag with the symbol of the priestess embroidered on it containing a blessed gem of the priestess.

Blessed Gem of the Priestess
    A brilliantly cut gem the size of your palm.
    +1 to divine spell attack and damage rolls
    Usable once per battle (Recharge 6+ after battle): When you cast a daily divine spell on an ally, that ally also heals 10 HP.
    Quirk: Insists on courtesy even in situations where none should be required

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yancey is at 27/36, and I don't think I rolled for recharge on Resounding Thunder, so doing that now. Took Stormblade and the feat for Weapon of FireLightning.

Geth roll 1d20 for Recharge

Recharge:
    1d20 1 [1d20=1]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

can I move freely, or do I have to disengage with Infected 5?

Inquiry about HP and surges was in relation to your increased HP total after leveling. You guys rested at the barracks before teleporting over here

edited March 2014
    @Kilroy you are free to move about. The shape of the doorway prevents them from reaching you. However, you may draw attacks if you run by the others on the other side of Clank

Erin The Red on
    edited March 2014
    Talfryn steps up next to Clank and brings his blade down upon one of the infected. No words are said. The creatures would not understand them any way.

Geth roll 1d20+6 vs AC
    Geth roll 2d8+6 for Damage

2 damage to Infected 3 on miss

vs AC:
    1d20+6 10 [1d20=4]
    Damage:
    2d8+6 15 [2d8=3, 6]

Kilroy on
    edited March 2014
    Proof hustles over to Farkas' side and begins to focus on a spell. He hears a voice in his head, unsure of its source. "Burn them. They are impure." I figure this is a good way to start a plot-hook for that 5 I rolled on the Three; hearing voices urging wanton destruction.

He pushes it aside. Taking a swig, Proof pictures the desired outcome. A thin stream, dancing from target to target to target. Once it had encircled the room, it would explode with electric current, hopefully dissuading the mob from further hostility.
    Geth roll 1d20 for Conducting Stream #1
    18 hits PD, and a natural even hit means it chains!

Conducting Stream #1:
    1d20 14 [1d20=14]

Oats on
    edited March 2014

Geth roll 3d6+2 for Damage!
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Conducting Stream #2

That'll be the two mooks engaged with Farkas. Full damage (13) to the first one and half (PLUS TWO FROM A FEAT I JUST TOOK WHOO) (6+2=8!) to the second.

Damage!:
    3d6+2 13 [3d6=6, 1, 4]
    Conducting Stream #2:
    1d20+4 11 [1d20=7]

Oats on
    Brutes are up after Kilroy. Would that affect your targeting any, Oats?

How the balls did I miss that? I checked the list twice! Nah Proof wants to help the small sneaky thing with lightning.

Alrighty then. I'll just keep your turn intact and the damage etc, and then move on with the next person after yon brutes venture onward

edited March 2014
    The brutes thrum with energy as they lumber forwards. Unnaturally large fists are hefted overhead and brought downwards. Farkas catches a blow to the shoulder which sends him reeling. Did a bone just break?

The other two brutes miss, but the impact of the blow on the ground sends shards of stone and crystal flying which injure Talfryn and Clank.

Proof's lightning has the intended effect and two of the infected fall to the ground inert. Their glow fades, but the other infected seem to be benefiting from this?
    A shimmering cloud emanates from their mouths. The haze surrounds them and they are growing more difficult to see.

As he finishes his magic, Proof stands there and has a moment of pride in his skill. The voice comes back this time, more insistent. It is impossibly smooth and unnaturally tempting. "We KnOW You caN HEar us, dWaRFLiNg. We OFfEr You UNtOID PowErRrRrR... UnToLD WeALtH. sIMply sTriKe DowN YouR alLieS aND We Will SeE YoU CareD FOR BeyoNd yoUR wiLDEsT drEams. sSssSsSUBMiT."

1 Hit, 2 Misses. -10 HP to Farkas, -5 HP to Talfryn + Clank

Initiative
    Kilroy:17
    -->Jdark: 7

Stats!
    GG (Farkas): AC14 PD14 MD12 - 3/28 HP - STAGGERED
    Kilroy (Talfryn): AC17 PD15 MD12 - ?/? HP (minus five from max)
    Jdark (Clank): AC18 PD15 MD15 - 17/32 HP 
    Auralynx (Yancey): AC18 PD15 MD14 -27/36 HP
    Infected group: AC 16 PD 13 MD 11 - 27/50 - [color=blue]Dust breath - +2 to all defenses until EoNT.

2014-03-14_1009_zpsf9c0a5f7.png

Geth, roll 3#1d20+5 for AD vs Farkas, Talfryn, Clank
    Geth, roll 1d6 for bonus

AD vs Farkas, Talfryn, Clank:
    3#1d20+5 3 # 17 [1d20=12] 11 [1d20=6] 10 [1d20=5]

Erin The Red on
    @Jdarksun you're up buddy!

Geth, roll 1d6 for bonus

bonus:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

I'm probably going to open up my big heals on Farkas once it's my turn, in case that affects anyone's plans.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    "Clank does not dream." Unfurling The Dragon's Hoard, Clank brings the mighty weapon down into the infected group.
    Quick Action - Warding Sigil on (self) / +2 AC until the spell is released or End of Battle. Release: The normal benefits of this spell ends, and the target takes half damage from the attack.

Attack: Eldritch Knight Basic Melee Attack (Str (5) + Level (2) + Magic Weapon (1) vs. AC (16))
    Minion, roll 1d20+8 for Melee Attack v AC

Melee Attack v AC:
    1d20+8 27 [1d20=19]

jdarksun on
    @TheRoadVirus‌ @Grunt's Ghosts
    I'll use the Once Per Battle ability of The Dragon's Hoard to let Farkas make a basic melee attack against the Infected

edited March 2014
    Bleeding and broken, Farkas takes advantage of Clank's attack to make one of his own. The dagger hits something solid inside the flames and this time the creatures do react. The infected seemed to share a link of some sort as another one made a screeching yell.

Geth roll 1d20+6 to hit AC

Geth roll 2d8+4 for damage

to hit AC:
    1d20+6 24 [1d20=18]
    damage:
    2d8+4 18 [2d8=7, 7]

Grunt's Ghosts on
    I took 9 damage in the tower explosion iirc and my max is now 36, since I see that didn't make it into the stat-block above.

kshu0oba7xnr.png