As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WRESTLEMANIA is TODAY Brother

Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri LibrarianRegistered User regular
edited April 2014 in Social Entropy++
Have you guys heard about wrestling cause I have and boy howdy is it just the best.

You got the WWE, the biggest company and they're great right now.

0-WWE-Authority.jpg

There's Daniel Bryan who just recently took over a TV show to make a CEO fight him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQYSuG1GFY

You got John Cena who is about to fight a man who may be an actual demon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzy_swnse0o

The Undertaker is back and he's going to fight a MMA fighter who loves Jimmy Johns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIqv_DR6ij0

And we have The Shield who are a bunch of mercenaries who fight more then an 80s sitcom married couple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dxT-mRr5YI

All this to lead up to WRESTLEMANIA 30 BROTHER.

iJRBabsQIisj4.png

Don't like WWE? That's cool we got TNA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasP6plMlZU

Or Ring of Honor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-m9UW4lTNk

And Chikara is coming back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDw0ivvq9Nk

But yeah wrestling is great and everyone should watch it and become addicted like I am.

Edit:

Oh there there is New Japan Pro Wrestling which I should watch more of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TJeX4EVd9Q

Edit 2: The Reckoning

PWG IS COOL TOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NslvI-tRi-g

2ohWien.png
Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
Ms Dapper on

• Options
    estrada42estrada42 Registered User regular
    Great OP.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    No mention of New Japan means the OP isn't doing everything it can to convince people that Wrestling Is Awesome.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    It also doesn't mention PWG. There's lots of good stuff going on in the OP, but this is unforgivable.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    It also doesn't mention PWG. There's lots of good stuff going on in the OP, but this is unforgivable.

I WAS ABOUT TO CALL FOR BLOOD.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Wanted to wait for the new thread to post this; a list of all WrestleMania buyrates so far

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/graph-of-wrestlemania-buyrate-history-must-see.119366/

Now keep in mind that list is a bit skewed for the early shows because they count closed circuit venues. But according to that list 4 is the worst while 28 is the best. 19 is shockingly low but some have attributed the switch to digital by PPV providers and the international buys being counted differently. But it's also quite possible it was because it took place in 2003 and WWE was getting really bad by then.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Oh and I was really surprised to see how high Mania 21 was. So at least back then Batista was a great face draw.

• Options
    Tyrant526Tyrant526 Registered User regular
    Was just rewatching edge/foley from mania 22. Watched alittle bit after too? A few thoughts:

- 22's theme was horrible
    - I loved and still live lita, especially as a heel with edge
    - This match was pretty fucking awesome.
    - There are very few visuals as memorable as that flame table or edges bloody face and eye filled with blood
    - Boogeyman may have sucked in the ring, but damn was he good at his character. And pairing him with booker was highly entertaining from a performance aspect.
    - Mickie James was amazing in this role as insane stalker. Just so good.
    - Best women's match in wrestlemania history I think, and birth women really seemed to want it.
    - The crotch grab is intact but the subsequent lick is covered with a crowd shot, which seems pretty reasonable. And the finish has the botch edited out,
    - Holy shit pregnant Stephanie. I forgot.

I'll watch more tomorrow.

Maul360.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I hope they put the Shield in the Battle Royal

they would be great heels for that

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    tumblr_n2d66pohtG1qeuiqyo1_1280.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It's getting harder and harder to justify the Shield as heels when no one in the crowd boos them.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    What is on that guy's head?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Quick question Wrestling thread - is there such a thing as a PC wrestling game?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Quick question Wrestling thread - is there such a thing as a PC wrestling game?

Not really. The last major wrestling game released for PC was WWF Raw, which was a port from the original Xbox.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Wanted to wait for the new thread to post this; a list of all WrestleMania buyrates so far

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/graph-of-wrestlemania-buyrate-history-must-see.119366/

Now keep in mind that list is a bit skewed for the early shows because they count closed circuit venues. But according to that list 4 is the worst while 28 is the best. 19 is shockingly low but some have attributed the switch to digital by PPV providers and the international buys being counted differently. But it's also quite possible it was because it took place in 2003 and WWE was getting really bad by then.

There was just a discussion about that WM over at Scott Keith's Blog (along with a whole lot of internet drama of other stuff).

But looking over that card, it's shockingly good. You got HBK vs Jericho, the Tag Team match, and Angle vs Brock, all which are great matches.

The rest of the filler isn't bad either. Though this is the PPV cemented Triple H as an asshole to a lot of people.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Who Are WWE's Top Merchandise Sellers?
    Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 03.13.2014

Not very surprising...

- Here is a list of the top merchandise sellers in WWE in their two main venues:

Arena Merchandise Sales:
    1. John Cena
    2. Daniel Bryan
    3. CM Punk
    4. Batista
    5. Sheamus
    6. Hulk Hogan
    7. Randy Orton
    8. Brock Lesnar

WWEShop.com:
    1. John Cena
    2. CM Punk
    3. Daniel Bryan
    4. Hulk Hogan
    5. The Shield
    6. Steve Austin
    7. Brock Lesnar
    8. Undertaker
    9. Randy Orton
    Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/316163/Who-Are-WWE\\s-Top-Merchandise-Sellers?.htm#2FVkrfX4CQUxl867.99

Now can we please stop saying that Punk and Bryan don't move merch? They may not move as much as Cena, but they're still head and shoulders above everybody else.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    um sorry but this thread is wrong wrestling is terrible bullshit

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Just as a heads up, I'll be running a Phalla (mafia party game) over in Critical Failures in the not to distant future. The theme will center around the Wrestlers choosing sides during the Monday Night Wars of the late 90s.

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »

There was just a discussion about that WM over at Scott Keith's Blog (along with a whole lot of internet drama of other stuff).

But looking over that card, it's shockingly good. You got HBK vs Jericho, the Tag Team match, and Angle vs Brock, all which are great matches.

The rest of the filler isn't bad either. Though this is the PPV cemented Triple H as an asshole to a lot of people.

As I said some blamed it on the switch to digital which a lot of viewers still didn't have yet. But that's probably just an excuse for people just not being that interested.

I wonder if it would have done better with Brock as the heel champ and Angle the top face? True enough Kurt was having neck surgery right afterwards but it's something to think about. That and maybe pushing Vince/Hogan so strong might have hurt it even if the actual match ended up as a fun train wreck.

• Options
    Christopher Daniels announced on his Twitter that Bad Influence will not be part of this week's tapings. This week TNA will be taping four weeks of TV this week. This is interesting because the contracts of Daniels and Kazarian are rumored to be expiring in April. If they don't re-sign, Lockdown may be their final appearance in the company.

Wow are they really dropping their best act in the company right now?

If Daniels is really gone, please WWE give him a chance. I know he is 43 years old but he deserves it.

• Options
    estrada42estrada42 Registered User regular
    Christopher Daniels announced on his Twitter that Bad Influence will not be part of this week's tapings. This week TNA will be taping four weeks of TV this week. This is interesting because the contracts of Daniels and Kazarian are rumored to be expiring in April. If they don't re-sign, Lockdown may be their final appearance in the company.

Wow are they really dropping their best act in the company right now?

If Daniels is really gone, please WWE give him a chance. I know he is 43 years old but he deserves it.

If nothing else, hire him to work at the Performance center as a trainer. Lord knows he has the experience.

• Options
    Holy crap, Daniels has been wrestling since 1993. I thought he debuted in the late 90's since he didn't start getting noticed till 2000.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Freshly reunited after Obariyon's tour in Japan, THE BATIRI are your fourth entrants into the Wrestling Is Fun! Tag World Grand Prix.

Despite being in Chikara for a good while before the shutdown, the trio really came into their own over the Summer, so I'm hoping for a good showing in the tournament.

Also, I've decided, my complete pie-in-the-sky fantasy booking for the TGWP is it comes down to Bloc Party/Baltic Siege II (since the Party has continued to antagonize the Siege post-NPWD after Brown Morning's death), and, after the third Siege member (or even Amasis, because he was beaten down as well) takes out the Polar Baron, the Siege come out on top. I feel bad not backing the Portal in the tournament (provided they even enter), but they're honestly my next pick for Campeones, so it feels unfair to fantasy book them for the Pears Championship as well.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    I could see Daniels and Kaz ending up in Jarrett's new promotion as well.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

As I said some blamed it on the switch to digital which a lot of viewers still didn't have yet. But that's probably just an excuse for people just not being that interested.

I wonder if it would have done better with Brock as the heel champ and Angle the top face? True enough Kurt was having neck surgery right afterwards but it's something to think about. That and maybe pushing Vince/Hogan so strong might have hurt it even if the actual match ended up as a fun train wreck.

It might have also been that even going into the show people weren't 100% certain that Angle would wrestle. I remember all the reports coming out the week of WM that he was going to have to be out.

And man, I forgot this also had Austin vs Rock III. Though that one did seem to have lackluster build up, as I can't even remember the reason they fought.

• Options
    edited March 2014

It might have also been that even going into the show people weren't 100% certain that Angle would wrestle. I remember all the reports coming out the week of WM that he was going to have to be out.

And man, I forgot this also had Austin vs Rock III. Though that one did seem to have lackluster build up, as I can't even remember the reason they fought.

Austin called out Rock for calling him a quitter back when he walked out. They only had like a month to build it up anyway.

And man was the company in a bad way after that show with Taker, Angle, and Edge gone due to injuries. And Brock nearly killing himself.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    So on the seedier parts of the wrestling related internet I discovered an Extreme Tiger collection, no part of my brain can understand who wants an Extreme Tiger collection without a trace of irony.
    Like I'd consider watching it but only because I hate myself.

If anybody here doesn't know who Extreme Tiger is, frankly that will be most of you, then you certainly owe it to yourselves to youtube him and see his majesty.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    So on the seedier parts of the wrestling related internet I discovered an Extreme Tiger collection, no part of my brain can understand who wants an Extreme Tiger collection without a trace of irony.

If anybody here doesn't know who Extreme Tiger is, frankly that will be most of you, then you certainly owe it to yourselves to youtube him and see his majesty.

This is the first thing I found on him

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KSzdnCtTESo

He seems OK to me?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I don't even know how to respond to that in a way that wouldn't get me jailed.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I mean, he doesn't seem any better or worse than the hundreds of other luchadores around right now.

• Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7_5MMboo4

Still trying to determine if this is the best or worse wrestling promo. Maybe both?

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

ROYAL RUMBLE ON THE N64! 30 PLAYERS! LIVE!

Retro gaming throwback? An argument for the efficacy of local multiplayer? Or just an excuse to get 30 of the coolest people we know in one room to play a wrestling game and yell at each other? No matter how you slice it, it’s a live play through of the Royal Rumble in a classic THQ game on Nintendo 64. There will be thrills. There will be chills. There will be spills. Come cheer for the faces, boo the heels, and marvel at the 15+ unannounced special guests. LIVE, only at PAX East.
    Panelists:

Aaron Trites [Harmonix], Eric Pope [Harmonix], Abbie Heppe [Respawn Entertainment], Alex Navarro [Giant Bomb], Andrea Rene [The Escapist], Bobby Loertscher [Zen Studios], Dave Lang [Iron Galaxy Studios], Eric Neustadter [Xbox], Jeff Gerstmann [Giant Bomb], Jeff Green [AARP], John Drake [Harmonix], Nick Chester [Harmonix], Pat Baer [Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre], Phil Tibitoski [Young Horses], Rich Gallup [Disruptor Beam], Jon Carnage [Twitch], Sean Baptiste [Fire Hose Games], 15 Special Guests TBA

Albatross Theatre
    Sunday 4/13 10:30AM - 11:30AM

Q8: Raw fell to 1.434 million viewers for two commercials and the first-half of Daniel Bryan hi-jacking Raw. The segment started to build momentum at the end of the hour, peaking with 1.725 million viewers at 9:55 p.m.

Q9: Raw skyrocketed 22 percent to 1.747 million viewers for the Bryan-Hunter/Stephanie confrontation and one commercial at the end of the segment.

Peak viewership was a ridiculously-high 1.922 million viewers at 10:10 p.m., then 1.919 million viewers at 10:11 p.m. heading to commercial. From 10:02 p.m. to 10:12 p.m. viewership was between 1.7 and 2.0 million viewers.

Occupy Raw was by far the most successful thing on the show.

Other highs:

Over-run: Raw increased to 1.534 million viewers for Bryan & Show vs. Orton & Batista. The segment was up from 1.429 million viewers for last week's over-run, but last week's segment included a rare mid-overtime commercial.

Q5: Raw got a 26 percent top-of-the-hour bump to 1.494 million viewers for The Undertaker returning and Paul Heyman confronting him, plus one commercial. The segment peaked with 1.700 and 1.701 million viewers before the commercial.

And the show low:

Q2: Raw dipped to a show-low 1.021 million viewers for Cena vs. Erick Rowan, plus two commercial breaks.

#GoodNewsBarrett

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

You know he's wrestling in TNA now as Tigre Uno, right?

• Options
    Let's hope the eventual Cena vs Harper match gets higher numbers. It'll be a much better match that's for sure.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    ENZO!!!

• Options
    Hmm, so a big rumor going round is AMC is wanting to purchase WWE which is causing their stock price to jump even higher.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Hmm, so a big rumor going round is AMC is wanting to purchase WWE which is causing their stock price to jump even higher.

How's it feel to want? Vince will never sell, it is his baby.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    enzo and cass will debut as Cesaro's new stablemates, the Realest Americans In The Room

• Options
    edited March 2014
    He means AMC buying WWE TV rights, now the whole company.

EDIT: Or not. Well, both actually. I call bullshit on the AMC buying the whole company rumor though.

Schide on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    the return of enzo had better mean that the realest guys take the tag title off the ascension

This discussion has been closed.