As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearth[chat] : Hit it very hard!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm last night some guy hit 1,000,000 gamer score on XBL.

Wonder how many of those are legit.

If it's the guy I'm thinking he's almost certainly legit. He's been grinding through games for years doing this. One million points is his thing. It is both amazing and kinda sad, like learning a man has broken the keepy-uppy record. Well done and all, but hmmm.

I say this as a guy who chases achievements without enjoying it want quite often.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I enjoy getting achievements but I don't chase them. If they give me bonuses I'll chase them but that's a dark and forbidden achievement philosophy.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Morn'. How's your penultimate workday?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I liked how in Infamous 2, you could get a bonus to your chosen ethical side if you got the appropriate achievement in Infamous 1.

• Options
    I had to force myself to trade in a bunch of games even though I hadn't gotten 1000/1000 on them. Or had the 1000 but hadn't bought all the DLC and completed those as well.

Even stuff I knew I would never, ever do because it would require countless hours of grinding I was saving because hey maybe I'll get fired and have nothing to do and then I can grind out that 'Kill 100,000' dudes in multiplayer achievement.

It was painful, but for the best. I try and keep my grinding for achievements to acceptable levels these days. I once spent an entire afternoon grinding with a buddy for Stranglehold multiplayer achievements. Horrendous. It was probably sunny outside.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I had to force myself to trade in a bunch of games even though I hadn't gotten 1000/1000 on them. Or had the 1000 but hadn't bought all the DLC and completed those as well.

Even stuff I knew I would never, ever do because it would require countless hours of grinding I was saving because hey maybe I'll get fired and have nothing to do and then I can grind out that 'Kill 100,000' dudes in multiplayer achievement.

It was painful, but for the best. I try and keep my grinding for achievements to acceptable levels these days. I once spent an entire afternoon grinding with a buddy for Stranglehold multiplayer achievements. Horrendous. It was probably sunny outside.

this man

this man right here

tru gamer

• Options
    Pecking order of Achievements, from best to worst.

- Comedy/Unique ("Irony", "The Part Where He Kills You", "Lunacy")
    - Beat the game with/without doing something. (No kills, only use a certain weapon etc)
    - Difficulty based trophies
    - Collect hidden things
    - Optional quests (1 per quest)
    - Story chapters
    - Optional quests (have to to several)
    - Do a thing/kill a thing X times
    ALL ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS
    - Win each type of multiplayer
    - Get a kill of each type
    - Max your level
    - Do a complex thing that cannot be done without active collusion of other players ("Wedding Crasher")
    - Do several different things in one multiplayer session that will almost certainly require collusion.
    - Crysis 2's "Play multiplayer six months after you started playing it".

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

does this mean me?

if so, dull, all my work has already been given to my replacement

not sure why i'm here tbh

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

does this mean me?

if so, dull, all my work has already been given to my replacement

not sure why i'm here tbh

£?

• Options
    The best achievement is Arkham City's Calendar Man.

• Options

I got that one... but what did I do to get it? Look at a calendar?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Hmm last night some guy hit 1,000,000 gamer score on XBL.

Wonder how many of those are legit.

If it's the guy I'm thinking he's almost certainly legit. He's been grinding through games for years doing this. One million points is his thing. It is both amazing and kinda sad, like learning a man has broken the keepy-uppy record. Well done and all, but hmmm.

I say this as a guy who chases achievements without enjoying it want quite often.

I once got to 270!

• Options

Because it operates on your console's clock and not a synchronised time thing! :P

But seriously, I did have to do that after I forgot a date.

• Options
    I think I've only got one game with all achievements unlocked on the Xbox. And that's a game that had only 7 or 8 achievements.

• Options
    edited March 2014

Because it operates on your console's clock and not a synchronised time thing! :P

But seriously, I did have to do that after I forgot a date.

Ok, that sounds like work, so I probably don't have that one. Hmm. My mind's going. It had a good run, I think. Goodbye world.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    other than rare bouts of obsessive madness i tend to not bother with achievements

i dont get a lot of satisfaction out of it because i either get them just by playing the game or i engage in game breaking behaviour to get them

• Options
    edited March 2014
    weirdly MW2 is a rare example of a game where i went a litle nuts trying to get them all

i think i got everything bar one because it was a lolnope achievement

Casual on
  • Options
    I have 30 Platinum Trophies.

I say this with neither pride nor pity, but mere fact.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The best Cheevo/Trophy is Dark Souls 2 "This is Dark Souls" when you die the first time

• Options
    I have 30 Platinum Trophies.

I say this with neither pride nor pity, but mere fact.

Heh, I don't own enough games for the PS3 to even get close to that.
    I use it mostly as a BD player.

But the games I do have were well worth it (Last of Us, the Uncharted games, ...).

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

- Beat the game with/without doing something. (No kills, only use a certain weapon etc)
    - Collect hidden things
    - Story chapters
    ALL ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS
    - Max your level
    - Do a complex thing that cannot be done without active collusion of other players ("Wedding Crasher")
    - Do several different things in one multiplayer session that will almost certainly require collusion.

How do you feel about Batman AC's 'login on every holiday in the year'

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I tell my recriuter that I can take interviews in the morning this week and anytime next week. She schedules an interview at 2pm today. Dipshit. I don't have time to prepare for it. So, suck it.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Gravity Rush was a really interesting game whose plot goes screwy at the three quarters mark.

I'm still not sure what's going on.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    To this day, my favorite achievement in any game is The One Where He Kills You.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    To this day, my favorite achievement in any game is The One Where He Kills You.

Lunacy's pretty close though.

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »

- Collect hidden things
    - Story chapters
    ALL ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS
    - Max your level

How do you feel about Batman AC's 'login on every holiday in the year'

I'm kinda ambivalent, because while it's totally meant to game you into hanging round longer than you otherwise would, Calendar Man's speeches are pretty great, and it's a restriction that's easy to circumvent and get it inside an hour if you really want. Crysis 2 however is based on Server time so the only way to get it is the slow path.

• Options
    so last night i somehow managed to get FFXIV going

spent ages making a character

sat through the hour long entrance video

finally got control of the game, walked up to the very first guy and... *crash*

fuck everything about this game

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Seeing my friend drive around some Magitek armor in that game for 15 seconds ALMOST got me to buy it.. because goddamn it looked so cool. Then I remembered it was an MMO, and beyond that it was an MMO with Square's goddamned stupid mechanics baked in, especially the one where I might lose my character. I was like nope after that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I'm really burnt out on MMOs. Perhaps something like Destiny will rekindle my interest, we'll see. For now, the only multiplayer thing I dabble in is Warthunder.

• Options
    the only MMO i've ever seriously played is STO

i really tried to get into SW but no one else wanted to play it and it wasn't great for soloing so ehhh i just kinda fell out of it

• Options
    buuuut i'm about to have a lot of free time on my hands so who knows :P

• Options
    In other news: I'm craving a TD soundtrack. Why isn't there one already?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    paenis

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    paenis

A weird reason, but... as good as it gets, I guess.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I'm really burnt out on MMOs. Perhaps something like Destiny will rekindle my interest, we'll see. For now, the only multiplayer thing I dabble in is Warthunder.

more liek wart hunde

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eeee you guys.

Job fair today.

I should not be that excited, especially since only one place is listed as having a job offer I want out of, like, 60 different organizations and "over 1000 job offers"... but I am excite.

• Options
    The hell.

I said I'd get up early, and get moving on the day and maybe some cleanup.

It's now 50 minutes before work (and I have a 25 minute commute) and.. ugh. I don't wanna! :(

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Seeing my friend drive around some Magitek armor in that game for 15 seconds ALMOST got me to buy it.. because goddamn it looked so cool. Then I remembered it was an MMO, and beyond that it was an MMO with Square's goddamned stupid mechanics baked in, especially the one where I might lose my character. I was like nope after that.

Like what?

Also they arent using the character inactivity deletion thing like in FF11

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Driving my sis to school. I already played a hearthstone game today and I know tomorrow I'm buying some packs.

Fuuuuuuuu

I need to read on exactly what you can and can't access without buying packs. There seem to be different types of decks? Advanced or elite or something? Idk maybe I misunderstood.

Sig we gotta play some

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.