As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hearth[chat] : Hit it very hard!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    doters is butt lol is butt smite is butt blizzard moba is al qaeda

i hav spokende

obF2Wuw.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    My strategy for LoL

Pick Singed.

Always pick Singed.

Nothing is more terrifying for your enemies than the sound of the deadly "FWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

@Ludious‌
    Could you please explain my reaction in champ select when I see the other team picked a Singed top?

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Last time I played against Singed I was Nasus

Singed started proxying

I started proxying

The cycle of proxy farming continued

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    My strategy for LoL

Pick Singed.

Always pick Singed.

Nothing is more terrifying for your enemies than the sound of the deadly "FWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

@Ludious‌
    Could you please explain my reaction in champ select when I see the other team picked a Singed top?

have any of you ever heard a cat being killed or a boston townie in heat?

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    morning u bros how r u broing on this fine bro of a day

919UOwT.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So Blizzards Heroes of the Storm is following Riot's formula with heroes instead Valve's with hats. This makes me less interested.

I don't know much about Valve's "hats", but I am sure it is a minor additional revenue stream. This came up the other day, Riots formula is amazeballs. I am not aware of a better "pay whatever, or don't" system.

Valve's hat system has a higher front end but cheaper in the long run. But also depends on user generated content. DoTA2 makes a good amount of money for a game that still is 1/4 that of LoL. At least I think that few. It was 7.5 million unique users in February maybe 8. But at this point Valve makes tons of money with limited over head kind of like the hats with TF2.

I still don't understand "hats".
    For DOTA 2 I really don't see a difference. With LoL, you can unlock everything except the cosmetic stuff through the bitcoins you earn through gameplay. It looks like DOTA just removes the champ unlock portion, which I don't feel is necessarily a good thing.

Steam Workshop sounds cool though.

I can appreciate how much some of you like LoL and its system but to say having all champs open from the get go is 'not necessarily good' is the brainwash speaking

Except it isn't, people in the sub 200 win level playing champion roulette would lead to your teammates being even more bad than they are

LoL champions have a difficulty curve, you throw Yasuo to a new player and they'll flop about like a dead fish even though he's an overpowered golden god

that doesn't come close to the value of having everything open from the get go

I am fine with disagreeing on this so I take back my brainwash line but honestly, I'll take the load of choices some of which may be bad over having a limit on what I can play with. you don't know my moba experience level, I think I can be trusted to pick a hero.
    So Blizzards Heroes of the Storm is following Riot's formula with heroes instead Valve's with hats. This makes me less interested.

I don't know much about Valve's "hats", but I am sure it is a minor additional revenue stream. This came up the other day, Riots formula is amazeballs. I am not aware of a better "pay whatever, or don't" system.

Valve's hat system has a higher front end but cheaper in the long run. But also depends on user generated content. DoTA2 makes a good amount of money for a game that still is 1/4 that of LoL. At least I think that few. It was 7.5 million unique users in February maybe 8. But at this point Valve makes tons of money with limited over head kind of like the hats with TF2.

For DOTA 2 I really don't see a difference. With LoL, you can unlock everything except the cosmetic stuff through the bitcoins you earn through gameplay. It looks like DOTA just removes the champ unlock portion, which I don't feel is necessarily a good thing.

I can appreciate how much some of you like LoL and its system but to say having all champs open from the get go is 'not necessarily good' is the brainwash speaking

Except it isn't, people in the sub 200 win level playing champion roulette would lead to your teammates being even more bad than they are

LoL champions have a difficulty curve, you throw Yasuo to a new player and they'll flop about like a dead fish even though he's an overpowered golden god

I am fine with disagreeing on this so I take back my brainwash line but honestly, I'll take the load of choices some of which may be bad over having a limit on what I can play with. you don't know my moba experience level, I think I can be trusted to pick a hero.

If you're a rando Im playing with, I'd rather limit your choices so you don't go all "Free spirit! Youre not my real dad! I do wut i want!" in champ select.

I would much rather have a dude that's kinda crappy with a champ he's familiar with on my team, than a first time pro. If that mildly constrains me at the same time, I am fine with that.

but, you know, differences in opinions.

well, when i comes down to it there's still going to be a learning curve for each new champ no matter what

limiting the initial selection doesn't change that, sometimes you're still gonna end up with someone on your team who is learning their champ

you have to be careful with the "i don't wanna play with no noobz" mentality because that is 100% how toxic gaming communities form

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I played smite in Alpha. At Hi-Rez's offices. While talking to the developers. It was cool. I immediately went home and bought the beta pack thing.

I have never played it since.

But I can still say I played that shit in alpha

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    other than "the plots from starcraft 2 and diablo 3 are much worse than a bad saturday morning cartoon" what are the fuckups we know about the blizzard moba

kaleedity on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    morning u bros how r u broing on this fine bro of a day

I might be dying or else maybe just addicted to coffee.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think both games have characters you are talking about though.

If you have a Wraith King who knows how to last hit, times his stuns rights and builds okay he will always help the team. Or say a Tidehunter who hits his ravage at a good moment to save someone or win a team fight.

Any player how gets the basics down can be a credit for a team, especially in the low level low mmr range in LoL or DoTA.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck‌

A sled-house.

It's perfect for you! Move around without having to Move.

http://www.dezeen.com/2012/07/13/hut-on-sleds-by-crosson-clarke-carnachan-architects/

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I have now eaten hákarl

so that's a thing I've done and don't ever have to do again

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    My strategy for LoL

Pick Singed.

Always pick Singed.

Ludious‌

have any of you ever heard a cat being killed or a boston townie in heat?

*signs "Jizz Everywhere"*
    Counterpicks teemo

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

There's nothing you can do, man. It's MOBAtown.
    moba's suck
    kaleedity wrote: »
    other than "the plots from starcraft 2 and diablo 3 are much worse than a bad saturday morning cartoon" what are the fuckups we know about the blizzard moba

It's a moba.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Guide to playing Tristana correctly.

1: AP reds, AP quints, AP/lvl blues & yellows, 30/0/0 runes
    2: ignite/exhaust
    3: On champion select, instalock and say, at least once, "fuk, i'm so durnk"
    4: Doran's Ring and the blue trinket
    5: On game start, say, at least once, "lube is for casuals"
    6: e at level 1, push wave, level w immediately on level 2 and jump in w/ both summoners

endgame build: dfg rabadon's lichbane zhonya's nashor's tooth sorcs

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    the fuck was with Diablo taunting you for the entire last level

why do games all feel the need to do that these days

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I hate you iPhone

PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

Yasuo is super complex and Vel'Koz is pretty damn easy. Vel'Koz is good at one lane and can be countered fairly easily. Jinx was overpowered for about 5 days. Some of the most powerful mid laners and supports are some of the older characters.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    from webcomic thread:

Compliments.png

haha

aRkpc.gif
    Casual wrote: »

If you're a rando Im playing with, I'd rather limit your choices so you don't go all "Free spirit! Youre not my real dad! I do wut i want!" in champ select.

I would much rather have a dude that's kinda crappy with a champ he's familiar with on my team, than a first time pro. If that mildly constrains me at the same time, I am fine with that.

but, you know, differences in opinions.

well, when i comes down to it there's still going to be a learning curve for each new champ no matter what

limiting the initial selection doesn't change that, sometimes you're still gonna end up with someone on your team who is learning their champ

you have to be careful with the "i don't wanna play with no noobz" mentality because that is 100% how toxic gaming communities form

that is exactly the kind of thing a noob would say

919UOwT.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    realistically if you're unable to tolerate having noobs on your team in public multiplayer games your options are limited to always playing with your own group of veterans or just not playing

Bethryn wrote: »
    What actually is the deal with Skeleton King now?

Is he gone gone, or are they rebuilding him from the ground up?

Same skill set but just called Wraith King now with new graphics.

I think it was one of the Blizzard complaints or something.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    the fuck was with Diablo taunting you for the entire last level

why do games all feel the need to do that these days

201205211.png

Bethryn wrote: »
    Guide to playing Tristana correctly.

1: AP reds, AP quints, AP/lvl blues & yellows, 30/0/0 runes
    2: ignite/exhaust
    3: On champion select, instalock and say, at least once, "fuk, i'm so durnk"
    4: Doran's Ring and the blue trinket
    5: On game start, say, at least once, "lube is for casuals"
    6: e at level 1, push wave, level w immediately on level 2 and jump in w/ both summoners

endgame build: dfg rabadon's lichbane zhonya's nashor's tooth sorcs

6 DFGs

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I played smite in Alpha. At Hi-Rez's offices. While talking to the developers. It was cool. I immediately went home and bought the beta pack thing.

Apparently it's about to come out? I'm seeing billboards all over the city that are like "MADE IN ATLANTA LAUNCHING WORLDWIDE", and I'm just like "nah I'm not going to play your shitty MOBA".

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    my reaction is to never play a team game rather than give up options. I'd rather they put in a requirement to play a champ like you have to do a tutorial before you can select it... but any teammate can be a liability.

and in no way am I saying the two games are the same lud, not sure if that was at me. it's just an aspect of one of the games I can't get past for some reason.

again it doesn't matter and to each their own and all that. glad people in here truly enjoy it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    My strategy for lol. Not play that shitty game.

Cinderquil,

I used to think you were cool.

I do not think that any more.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    The day Chris Metzen croaks will be the biggest boon to Blzizard's creativity and storytelling in 20 years.

Bless your heart.
    Not having all the champs available bothered me until I realized it takes like a hundred games to get a champ down

a5ehren wrote: »

Apparently it's about to come out? I'm seeing billboards all over the city that are like "MADE IN ATLANTA LAUNCHING WORLDWIDE", and I'm just like "nah I'm not going to play your shitty MOBA".

The guys at Hi-Rez are super laid back and I enjoyed what I played. I really really like Tribes: Ascend. I am a bit pissed they basically dropped new content for it though. But whatevs. That's a super chill and relaxed office and I wish I could work there forever

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

ew

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    from listening to you guys describe it LoL is everything that is wrong with multiplayer gaming

919UOwT.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hmm. Fallout 1 has actually aged quite well. Sprite graphics, sure, but the talking heads still look good.

Lots of Sprite Games have aged pretty well, especially when emphasizing aesthetics over fidelity.

url]

edited March 2014
    TTODewback wrote: »
    The day Chris Metzen croaks will be the biggest boon to Blzizard's creativity and storytelling in 20 years.

him and that guy that did ME3's ending should get together and do the story for a game

It will be as weird as Bioshock Infinite's plot but as nonsensical as a republican healthcare plan and the whole game the big bad spouts bullshit non sequiturs at you like "THE CREATED WILL ALWAYS DESTROY THEIR CREATORS"

override367 on
    I find it funny because of Blizzard being bitchy they change names in DoTA2.

But I still call them a lot of their old names.

Windranger is still Windrunner. Wraith King is still SK in my head. Natures Prophet is still Furion in my head. Stuff like that.

u7stthr17eud.png
    god damn it

jfOuB11

I give up

it's a funny pic but the edit button isn't working

I think Chanus is having a stroke

CHANUS

DO YOU NEED A HOSPITAL

This discussion has been closed.