As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Shadow Broker --- Official Schedule Released

13»

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    Oculus VR will be there! They finally updated their events page to include PAX East:
    http://www.oculusvr.com/events/
    For the most part, I don't believe in waiting in insane lines. But for the Oculus, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll wait in a line for that. Totally stoked for that.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Sadly Shaq-Fu will not be there as of right now. That was my question to them on their IndieGoGo page.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Veive257Veive257 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) aka Star Citizen will be at PAX, with a pre-PAX event, a booth on the floor and Chris Roberts in a panel (so far)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13601-Updates-PAX-East-Wall-Of-Honor-And-More

The (Incredible) Future of PC Gaming, hosted by PC Gamer
    The immortal hobby of PC gaming continues to experience a renaissance of innovation, affordability, and accessibility. Free-to-play, an explosive indie scene, eSports, virtual reality, livestreaming, 4K displays, crowdfunding, Steam Early Access, and the growth of Linux position the PC as a truly vibrant platform.

But how will technologies like gameplay streaming, SteamOS, the Oculus Rift, and others shapes PC gaming? More importantly, what new experiences will the PC games of the near future provide? PC Gamer asks our panel of innovators and PC gaming stakeholders to paint a clear picture of the next five years. Stick around to participate in the audience Q&A.

Panelists:
    Evan Lahti [Editor-in-Chief, PC Gamer], Palmer Luckey [Founder, Oculus VR], John Smedley [President, Sony Online Entertainment], Tom Petersen [Director of Technical Marketing, Nvidia], Chris Roberts [Founder, Cloud Imperium Games]

Veive257 on
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Sadly Shaq-Fu will not be there as of right now. That was my question to them on their IndieGoGo page.

This is actually a little upsetting.....

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    JayDfromMA wrote: »

This is actually a little upsetting.....

I KNOW! Although last year when I asked Netherrealm if Injustice was going to be there they said no but at the last minute they were added to the Twitch booth so maybe there's hope! :smile:

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    Dice Rings will have a booth set up at PAX this year.

https://www.facebook.com/CritSuccess

They just made a pretty awesome video too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkp0m3nVlGo&feature=youtu.be

• sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Sounds like Logitech will have a presence on the floor, at least, this year.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Veive257Veive257 Registered User regular
    recently confirmed...

2:00 pm Friday, April 11th, at the Arachnid Theatre - Six Months Into the Console War
    Alex Sliwinski (Joystiq), Ben Kuchera, Paul Goodman (Escapist), Mike Futter (GameInformer)

Saturday, April 12th at 7:00pm in our Badger Theatre - We didn't start the DLC fire, but we fed the monster. Now what?
    DLC, Early Access, Kickstarter etc with Alex Sliwinski (Joystiq), Pete Hines (Bethesda), John Drake (Harmonix)

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    That 2 PM friday panel looks interesting. A neutral 6 month console assessment? I might be into that one.

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    "Capcom and streaming site Twitch are joining together to run a worldwide, year-round Street Fighter league known as the Capcom Pro Tour, the companies announced today.

A total of 16 spots will be up for grabs in the Capcom Pro Tour; after the premier event winners, the remaining six qualifiers will be determined by a points structure. The top 16 finishers at premier and ranking events will earn points toward those last six spots. Ranking events include trade shows as well as independently run tournaments."

Listed ranking event: PAX East: April 11-13, Boston, Mass.

edited March 2014
    PAX East 2014 schedule has been released. Feel free to close this thread. Thanks again to everyone who participated. See you at home on April 11.

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule

Le_Goat on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Might as well leave it open until the official exhibitor list hits.

Well, I have confirmation from BenQ.

A list of individual devs hasn't been announced yet, but the Indie Mega Booth will be present on the expo floor. List of devs coming 'soon.'

• RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    I'm assuming Fantasy Flight Gaming will be there since they are hosting an X-Wing tourney.

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • animeman75animeman75 Massachusetts Registered User regular
    It was announced last night (Saturday, 3/16/14) on Cry's livestream that Cry and friends had been invited to hang out with the Guns of Icarus team. After Talking to Red, she would definitely like to go, as would the rest, they just need to figure out how to disguise Cry and Snake. It is very fortunate that i mentioned to tell Cry that Pax East is NOT in Europe and that rose his chances of being there by a ton. So we can only hope.

Cryaotic also known as Cry is a friend of the most subscribed YouTuber: PewDiePie. He has 1,336,736 subscribers at the moment. Cry is known for not showing his face so if there is a gorilla with the Guns of Icarus guys, think nothing of it. Its either Cry or his friend Snake.

Russ, Scott Jundt and Red are also YouTubers, but a little less popular. They make up the crew from Cry's livestreams.

Snake is the final member of the stream, so if you see a cardboard box, dont try to pick it up... just admire the voice. They call him Snake because his voice sounds like Snake from the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Ignorance is arrogance as time is but a dime and i don't know where im going with this.
    I await a response from Red 5, the creators of FireFall and i will let you know as soon as I find out about whether they will be attending or not.

Ignorance is arrogance as time is but a dime and i don't know where im going with this.
    Red 5 will not be attending:

"We have no plans to attend any conferences this year with a booth presence. The community team will be attending various events and might have some meet-ups planned, but those will not require access to the shows themselves. More information on those will be posted once the dates, times, and locations are locked down."
    Phobos, 10 minutes ago

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    animeman75 wrote: »
    Red 5 will not be attending

Wow, it's gonna be weird not seeing their giant booth or any of their crazy statues.

Crippl3 wrote: »
    animeman75 wrote: »
    Red 5 will not be attending

Wow, it's gonna be weird not seeing their giant booth or any of their crazy statues.

Their presence was pretty over the top last year.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo This Space Intentionally Left Blank Youngstown, OHRegistered User regular
    Carbine Studios (with WildStar) are confirmed on Booth 562:
    http://us.ncsoft.com/en/events/pax-east-2014/

Some good stuff - 10v10 Live Battlegrounds, Dual a Dev, game preorders, plushie purchases, charity LEGO build. Jessica Nigri and Monika Lee cosplaying as well.

Andy "Zap-Robo" Barber
    Editor in Chief @ www.mmo-central.com
  • RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    For those of you who have gone to PAX East in the past... does Nintendo usually go? I was looking forward to attending a booth/panels for them.

Also: I love MMOs but also am obsessed with JRPGs. I see things for the MMOs but what do you recommend for those JRPG lovers out there?

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    Renneesme wrote: »
    For those of you who have gone to PAX East in the past... does Nintendo usually go? I was looking forward to attending a booth/panels for them.

Also: I love MMOs but also am obsessed with JRPGs. I see things for the MMOs but what do you recommend for those JRPG lovers out there?

I believe Nintendo has been around all but the first year at the Hynes.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

I believe Nintendo has been around all but the first year at the Hynes.

They were definitely at the Hynes, I only remember them having Heart Gold/Soul Silver though.

darkinfero wrote: »
    At least they can't lie to us about another "totally new IP" again this year, lol

Le_Goat wrote: »
    I'll kick it off with this: Bethesda to have booth at PAX East 2014. As the article puts it, "PAX East would be the perfect setting for a Fallout 4 reveal" since it allegedly will take place in Boston
    I would just like to say that it is not an elder scrolls game as they said they're done with them for a while at least. It was also denied by Bethesda that the game would take place in Boston, but there still is a chance of Fallout ;) Here's to hoping!

Muse Games- creators of Guns of Icarus have confirmed that they will be there with YouTuber, Cryaotic.

@MuseGames: @Cloud25XD we will be at pax east, hopefully @CryWasTaken can make it too!

• RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »

Went to the link... and I'm so excited that it brought tears to my eyes.... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :smiley:

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular

Nintendo has come every year but they don't usually hold panels that I can remember or have people other than just reps there

• XirycXiryc Middleburg Hts, OHRegistered User regular
    CCP will be there, at the Oculus Rift booth. http://www.ccpgames.com/en/public-relations/events.aspx