As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fate Accelerated] The Magic School Bus - "At my old school, we just watched the show!"

Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egmmYxXhScQ

The Magic School Bus was an awesome and educational show in the mid-nineties, with memorable characters (primarily the Frizz, let's be honest), actual plots, informative episodes, etc. Unsurprisingly, Scholastic didn't release an RPG based on it, because Joss Whedon is the only person who gets rulebooks for his shows published. So this is going to be using an even more simplified version of Fate Accelerated: all you need is a high concept/trouble and the approaches. To be honest, the aspects only really matter insofar as they guide your roleplaying -- there will be no fate points, no dramatic heroics, and generally nothing involving extraordinary people. The characters aren't heroes, just kids exploring the world with an experienced guide and a magical bus.

So: come up with an elementary school student, and a few possible topics for episodes. I'll pick something that seems interesting after some people have posted, and then Ms. Frizzle will start the show. (You can play someone from the show if you like, but obviously not Ms. Frizzle, Liz, or the bus. On the off chance someone wants to be Janet, I highly recommend not portraying her in a bitchy phase.)

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Aww...memories of my childhood come flooding back when I think about this show! New to Fate but I'm willing to give it a shot.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Peter Delfino

High Concept: Animal-Loving Kid

Trouble: It's always the worst one out of all the options.

Approaches: Careful +3, Clever +2, Flashy +1, Forceful +2, Quick +0, Sneaky +1

Topics: Give me a moment to think of some.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Fate Accelerated, in case people are confused.

Also, aspects don't need to be as snappy as Fate usually asks; the idea here is to have a coherent concept for your character. Joker? Nerd? Lots of siblings? Adopted? Imaginative? Stodgy? Stuff like that.