As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hearth[chat] : Hit it very hard!

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Feral wrote: »
    i was gonna do one of these but i don't think i can top synd

Dude, still do one!

They are all good, even like zero effort ones like "wrecking ball" have me laughing my ass off.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnW3xkHxIEQ

This is so weird.

Why you do this Obama.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    :O @Syndalis I did not know you sing

No Rain is p.hype

I am trying to guitar along to it <3

Oh brilliant
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

This is so weird.

Why you do this Obama.

how else do you get the kids interested in healthcare.gov?

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

This is so weird.

Why you do this Obama.

I can't speak to exactly when it happened

But I've had the feeling for some time now that Obama kinda forgot what he was supposed to do as a President

So now he just does whatever

• JamesJames Registered User regular

This is so weird.

Why you do this Obama.

cause this is how you reach young people

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Also, isn't McConnell being primaried by the Tea Party?

I never thought I would say this, but I really hope McConnell is re-elected. :P

yeah I figured it'd be from the primary campaign.

Though I'm sure Stewart doesn't mind as much fratricide as he can stir up, especially if it means a super right-wing neophite knocks out the minority leader and loses the seat to a Democrat.

Well, I mean it WOULD make a few funny episodes... :pensive:

...but yeah. I would really prefer that we do NOT vote in more Tea Party people...

considering this video resulted in a huge jump in healthcare.gov traffic, i don't think he's just doing whatever

i think it's actually a pretty smart, and calculated, move

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Oh god

am

am I an old

Reagan must be spinning in his grave. Can you imagine what it would have been like if he started acting?

Oh god

am

am I an old

You are still younger than me!

I am the old...

Neco wrote: »
    Oh god

am

am I an old

You are still younger than me!

I am the old...

We can shake our canes at those punk kids together.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    James wrote: »
    considering this video resulted in a huge jump in healthcare.gov traffic, i don't think he's just doing whatever

"huge jump"

Although he does need to get some more traffic and some more signups, there's only 2 weeks left

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

This is so weird.

Why you do this Obama.

Dunno

I thought it was pretty great

I find the faux respectability of political office kind of offensive as a facade

because politics isn't nice, clean, respectable people in suits doing nice, clean, respectable things with no ulterior motives and no ideological agenda

and there's a sort of nefarious implied motive when somebody pretends that politics is clean and honorable and respectable, because that person is almost always hiding something or trying to act as a gatekeeper for dialogue based not on content but on "respectability"

which is basically "whether they are in my circle of friends or benefactors"

Anyways, it isn't the best interview on the show, but it is much better than your average political commercial or campaign ad

and I did actually laugh at "so this is what they mean by drones"

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    saw 300 2 last night

wooooooooooo freedom

(lets ignore the fact that greeks also had slaves and that athenian democracy was pretty exlusionary)

Were Spartans in the film?

there may have been some underneath all the cgi abs

I'm just trying to figure out if the greeks were able to actually win this time. :P
    I read some stuff on the persian and then peloponnesian war. although the greeks did fend off the invasions persian money eventually led to the downfall of Athens

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, status report

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Situation report:

Thread Recycle: page 100.
    Resistance is quaint.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Geth, I think you're neat.

Also, I really just don't like Zach Galifianakis.

"huge jump"

Although he does need to get some more traffic and some more signups, there's only 2 weeks left

well, it's reported as 40%? I mean, that's pretty large in relative terms

I don't know what the actual traffic numbers are. If they're pitifully small, that could be only a couple people, but I doubt that.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2014
    :O @Syndalis I did not know you sing

No Rain is p.hype

I am trying to guitar along to it <3

AWESOME.

Yeah, I like singing.

Still working out the deets, but I will be gigging in the city sometime soonish, doing original music and stuff.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    It's a funny clip that's also an ad for the website, I watched it and laughed and moved on with my life

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Also, I really just don't like Zach Galifianakis.

I really don't like embedding-disabled videos.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

"huge jump"

I don't know what the actual traffic numbers are. If they're pitifully small, that could be only a couple people, but I doubt that.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    People, and robots. I've never bought a PS2 game from PSN. If I do, will it do any upscaling when I play it on my PS3?

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I watched a Zach Galifianikis stand up special on Netflix. It was super awkward.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I was reading whomp and for some reason Google ads is giving me odd jackets on German Amazon

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00F8EFCIS

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

"huge jump"

That is kind of the thing, isn't it.

40% increase!

New and improved!

Real traffic numbers were famously difficult to get during the rollout disaster. Are they any better?

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    alright bros, gonna try this streaming heroes of the storm bizness

twitch.tv/tehsloth

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth

Damn, that thing is gorgeous.

I want it now.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I was reading whomp and for some reason Google ads is giving me odd jackets on German Amazon

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00F8EFCIS

Maybe you crossed streams with a German hipster.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    hmmm, black screen, lame

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    Anyone want to help me unfuck my dad's business website? :pensive:

Oh brilliant

"huge jump"

That is kind of the thing, isn't it.

40% increase!

New and improved!

Real traffic numbers were famously difficult to get during the rollout disaster. Are they any better?

eh, i guess i can see why that's a bit silly

but if it helps even a small portion of the ~66 million americans who are uninsured/underinsured get some form of health care, i'd call it a success

(because dang, there are more people uninsured in your country than there are people in my country)

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I don't like awkward humor at all, so I usually hate BTF.

But watching Obama troll the fuck out of somebody was pretty great.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

Anyone want to help me unfuck my dad's business website? :pensive:

...maybe...

as long as you understand if I run away screaming if the problem turns out to be too complex or annoying for me to tolerate

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i want to help you.

i completely lack the ability to though...

TehSloth wrote: »
    alright bros, gonna try this streaming heroes of the storm bizness

twitch.tv/tehsloth

Will be greatly disappointed if the music playing isn't in-game.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't like awkward humor at all, so I usually hate BTF.

But watching Obama troll the fuck out of somebody was pretty great.

His little jab at The Hangover 3, as scripted as it was, was pretty genuinely funny.

This discussion has been closed.