As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearth[chat] : Hit it very hard!

19495969798100»

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't like awkward humor at all, so I usually hate BTF.

But watching Obama troll the fuck out of somebody was pretty great.

I think there's more to BTF than being awkward. I've seen some horrible morning shows try to recreate it by throwing some dude in there to be awkward, and it doesn't work, because there is a lot of actual writing (good comedic writing) that goes into that show. It's not just people fucking around.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    I think its about time I started watching a new show.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Have I mentioned Titanfall yet in chat?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    man i am like IT IS FRIDAY LET'S GO OUT AND DO THIS

but then i go sit at the bar by myself and text all of my friends that live miles and miles away.

then i go home.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    msmya wrote: »

House of Cards
    Leverage
    Breaking Bad
    True Detective

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

The Xbone crew and I talked about it. How are you liking it?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    The old troop type system was very limiting, not allowing for a lot of creativity, and we had nowhere to place the new war elephants in the user interface, it was already over-crowded with the other troop types. So what we did was remake the Horse Archer with a fully script-able troop type known as Special Troops. These now represent Horse Archers, Camel Warriors and the mighty War Elephants. It will be even possible to field Camel Warriors and War Elephants in the same army in your grand pan Arabic-Indian Empire if you so desire. The most important thing is that now modders can utilize this to make their mods even more diverse and interesting, allowing them to add troop types ranging from Wizards to gunpowder troops.

wG9Uwtd.jpg

New CK2 DLC looks interesting.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't like awkward humor at all, so I usually hate BTF.

But watching Obama troll the fuck out of somebody was pretty great.

I think there's more to BTF than being awkward. I've seen some horrible morning shows try to recreate it by throwing some dude in there to be awkward, and it doesn't work, because there is a lot of actual writing (good comedic writing) that goes into that show. It's not just people fucking around.

I don't know if ZG's people wrote Obama's jokes or if Obama's people wrote his jokes but they're pretty great either way.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Let me tell you about Final Fantasy...

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The Hangover burn was sick either way

• Options
    How it works is that while you are nearby your realm or your top-liege's realm your soldiers will fill up on supplies to keep themselves fed. These supplies will always last for 31 days. When they step too far away into neutral territory they will start to starve for supplies and have a ticking attrition that goes up slowly for each day. A good martial leader can of course counter-act it to a certain point. When you do finally reach the enemy territory, the troops will start foraging from their surrounding area to keep themselves supplied. The foraging builds on the pillaging from the loot bar except it goes a lot slower. When the soldiers can't take more from the loot bar they will start to starve again in 31 days. This will balance the rulers of Europe to invade their neighbors instead of happily jump over the Egypt and start carving their piece of India. Instead they will have to put a bit effort into it if they want to actually reach India.

This seems like it will make Crusades difficult.

• Options
    In fact, I'm gonna go play some Titanfall right now. I still haven't maxed out that pistol.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

I am extremely pleased so far. Loads of room for various play styles. Tons of platforming and then it just depends if you want to be stealthy or distance or shotgunning or what. Easily one of the funnest games I've played since Monday Night Combat. Which while a different game overall filled me with the same glee when I played it.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    msmya wrote: »

July is so far away : (

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    aw man I am bummed

there is a big dent on the side of my car

idk if someone hit me or opened their door into it or what

• Options
    Why not start off by talking about the promised revised decadence system that people have been clamoring for since, well, the release of Sword of Islam? Admittedly, there were many issues with Decadence; for example, the fact that all unlanded men of your dynasty generated decadence regardless of their virtue, which is strange and unrealistic. Gameplay where you automatically tend to imprison your relatives if you cannot give them land is also a repetitive and, again, not very realistic. So the system needed revision, and now was the time to do it. With the new system, only characters with the new Decadent trait actually give decadence to your dynasty. Landed characters are less likely to pick up the trait, as are Zealous, Diligent and Just characters, etc. The net effect is that decadent characters are rarer but have a greater effect than before. To make it more interesting, we've removed the free imprisoning of dynasty members for Muslims. Instead, you get a chance to convince Decadent characters to straighten up. The outcome depends on your own attributes and those of the target character. If you're diplomatic, for example, he might be easier to convince. If you're learned, you might get him to go on the Hajj, which will automatically remove the Decadent trait, and so on. If you fail, you do get a reason (i.e. no opinion penalty with vassals) to imprison the character, as a last resort.

Holy Shit, might be able to actually play a Muslim character without going insane.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Hangover burn was sick either way
    i thought the opening joke was great and set the adversarial tone well.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Cinders will create the new thread
    @Quid is backup

• Options

I am extremely pleased so far. Loads of room for various play styles. Tons of platforming and then it just depends if you want to be stealthy or distance or shotgunning or what. Easily one of the funnest games I've played since Monday Night Combat. Which while a different game overall filled me with the same glee when I played it.

The whole first day, I think I did wallruns maybe two times, and had a miserable time running on the ground. It took me a minute to get it, and now I'm all PARKOUR!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Anyways.

316247441_Vf8ff-L-2.jpg

Classic.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    It's funny how the UK's Irish jokes are Polish jokes in the US.
    They're Frisian jokes in down here.
    Not the army one, though. Frisian army, heh.

You make jokes about a Dutch province?

No, we have Frisians, too (East Frisia).
    ... maybe a little bit.

Oh I forgot, it's weird because there's another province between Frisia and East-Frisia
    Also Frisian flag sure is something
    Friese-vlag.jpg
    If you want to annoy a Frisian ask him why there are hearts on his flag

frisia

land of seven butts

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.