As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Badges Get!

TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky DouchebagMassachusettsRegistered User regular
I just got mine in the mail, shit is officially getting real.

(I assume pictures are cool to post still?)

13169662324_0b17487660_b.jpg

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    DOGAODGJADOGFJADOGFA

Oh please be in the mail today!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Got my badge yesterday as well, love the design.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I never got my mail yesterday...

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Holy smokes, it's Bobcat season already!

I walked out to the mailbox and was surprised to see a Priority Mail envelope. Inside...

0315141220_zps7m6dbwky.jpg

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Got mine, They numbered this year..... SCAREY

• VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Better go check my mail after work!

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    *sniffles* mine aren't in yet

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • TennbergTennberg Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Badges just arrived north of Boston. Numbers on them, too? How official!

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Got my weekend badges today. Of course, I'm in CT, and they came from Norwalk....

• KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    I wonder who has the lowest number on their 3-day badge

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Not me! Up close to 4000.

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    minearen'thereyetwherearethey!?

Nice design this year.

Raughn on
  • VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    Since I'm home for Spring Break, I'm probably not going to get them until next week.

Also, they were numbered in 2011. Guess they're going back to that.

KvTUvIQ.png
    They were numbered for Prime 2013 too. And it's about damn time that they gave the badges a completely new design image.

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    i am will call so sadly i must wait. hopefully there are no screwups.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Imsorad wrote: »
    And it's about damn time that they gave the badges a completely new design image.

Yeah. It upset me that 2013's badge looked 95% like 2012's. Made it super easy for people to sneak in.

Lazorz on
  • LightEcoLightEco Registered User new member
    Anyone find it odd that the badges say "PAX East - 10 Years" right in the center? I mean only PAX prime has been around 10 years, not East.

LightEco wrote: »
    Anyone find it odd that the badges say "PAX East - 10 Years" right in the center? I mean only PAX prime has been around 10 years, not East.

It's the same as the LE Pinny Arcade pin. I guess they are celebrating the 10th anniversary as a whole, and not the individual locations. I don't find it odd, I just don't care one way or the other. It would seem rather elitist to only include Seattle in on the celebration.

• schimmdogschimmdog Registered User regular
    Ohio reporting in and badges aren't here. Wish I was part of wave 1.

• cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    I'm curious now as to how many 3 day passes were sold to sell out as fast as they did. Do you think that each pass has a different number on it or does it go by category? To be more specific, does it count the number of 3 day passes, and then single day passes individually and separate?

I noticed you all have lower numbered 3 day passes while mine is closer to the 15000's. I just thought it would be cool to know how many passes were sold in such a short time frame.

• sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    cardkid123 wrote: »
    I'm curious now as to how many 3 day passes were sold to sell out as fast as they did. Do you think that each pass has a different number on it or does it go by category? To be more specific, does it count the number of 3 day passes, and then single day passes individually and separate?

I noticed you all have lower numbered 3 day passes while mine is closer to the 15000's. I just thought it would be cool to know how many passes were sold in such a short time frame.

While at the show you will see a lot of 3 days passes, if it's anything like last year. Passes sold out pretty fast last year, also, but 3 days passes were anything but a rarity on the show floor.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
    I feel like the might have the exact same amount of passes as last year, but sold out of them quicker. The only way we would know for sure how many they sold, is if we could find 2 people (one with a single day pass and one with a 3 day pass) that have the exact same numbered pass. That way we know they are numbered separately and judging by my own pass, sold over 15,000 passes as 3 day passes.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    As always, the location of you does not matter whatsoever as to when other people will get badges. They go out in waves. These waves are not based on a geographical area or anything else that we have the information to measure.

They will never release badge counts. Also I believe that the number of badges increased from last year to this year.

I don't think the numbers indicate anything about the number of badges sold.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    It looks like a lot of people close to boston have got there badges if this is the case I hope to get mine next week as i live in maine

edited March 2014
    zerzhul wrote: »
    As always, the location of you does not matter whatsoever as to when other people will get badges. They go out in waves. These waves are not based on a geographical area or anything else that we have the information to measure.
    Every year people assume that geography matters. Every year it is proven that it does not :) I got mine today in Pittsburgh, which is not closer to Boston than Maine. I guarantee there are people in Pittsburgh who have not yet received theirs.

zerzhul on
    Every year people assume that geography matters. Every year it is proven that it does not :) I got mine today in Pittsburgh, which is not closer to Boston than Maine. I guarantee there are people in Pittsburgh who have not yet received theirs.

I think it has to do more with the efficiency of the post offices and sorting facilities that it must pass through in order to get to you. Considering it is a weekend and tomorrow is Sunday, it might have been quick through sorting and immediately went to delivery. For others, it might not have been so quick and since the post office is closed tomorrow, wont get it until Monday.

And I'm telling you that it's often that we hear of badges in Texas before some people get them in Boston, even if others in Boston already received them. The point is that someone near you having received them does not mean anything about yours. It's just the way it is.

Ya I know. I have seen a sorting facility before. It gets a little crazy and hardly has any organization. It is pretty much a giant pile of mail. Some people get theirs picked right off the top and shipped out, while others have to wait until theirs is dug out of the bottom. Its all random.
    But now to get back on topic, I'm glad to see that the badge is not just something that is cheap and breakable, along with the fact that they shipped everything priority over first class. This is going to be my first pax and this shows me off the bat that they wont be cheap about anything. Excited to see what all the fuss is about.

• QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I guess it's official: I'm in. Sad that I've got 2 more 3 days and 3 more BYOC's than I need, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure out how to solve that problem :)

mod edit: removed embed > 500K
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/wv/muxz37lplxlx.jpg

zerzhul on
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    No badge, but I'm in Cali which means it's prob a week or more until I see mine. They have a really nice design this year :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular

SinoSamba wrote: »
    No badge, but I'm in Cali which means it's prob a week or more until I see mine. They have a really nice design this year :)

They're sending them 2-day priority, so any day, really. I'm in Seattle, so the same shipping zone as you.

• sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    So for people wondering about the mail process, I work in a marketing department handling our direct mail process (we mail nearly 1,000,000 pieces about 7 times per year).

It's all based on the local distribution...when you bulk mail the presort process does group them by geographic locations...so it depends all how they are shipped out...Mail is delivered to these bulk mail centers across the country...then sent out to local distribution centers throughout the country...those mailings go to a main hubs in the regions...then to the local branches...then to your local post office...to your mail box...the timing all depends on these local branches...and as always some are quicker than others.

I would doubt that PA wouldn't take advantage the bulk mail discounts...so this is more likely than them shipping these out in waves...so don't be hating on PA...point the finger at your postal service centers!

This is my experience with mailing...again they also may not make the threshold to take advatange of the bulk mail...so it may be slightly different....thus going to this "wave" system people describe...it just doesn't sound likely though from my experience.

It was said before by PA folks that they go out in waves, that is where we are getting that information from.

• sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Noted zerzhul...just wanted to provide some insight on how the mailing system works in this regard...people can take it as a learning experience then!

• SPESSMEHRENSPESSMEHREN Registered User new member
    Welp, no tickets in here in SE Mass.

• VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Doesnt ShowClix say if your badge has been shipped or not?

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mine does not, guess it will not idk why.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • shepdshepd Registered User regular
    I would consider covering up/erasing the numbers on the badges if you're posting pics. My guess is they're there to make it so counterfeiters can only make duplicate badges (the numbers of which would become obvious as more and more people are wearing the same number), not perfect copies.

I didn't get my badges yet...