As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Earth Defense Force 2025: Out Now!

• Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Finally cleared Normal! That last mission was something else! :o

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    That's EDF for ya. Makes you feel awesome when you finish a tough mission.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Making good progress. On mission 62 now. The Fencer is still fun, if hand cramp inducing. So. Much. DASHING.

Going back to Inferno early missions from time to time to delve for badass guns. And the last round paid off in spades.

Got two new weapons. One's a decent range (360 meters-ish) rifle that fires reliable 3 round bursts. Good for taking down transports, mechs, and pretty much anything else while I close distance. Not the sexiest gun, but it can cover more or less all the basics.

The other?

Fully automatic rocket fists.

I did some math. If I have two, I can keep punching more or less continuously. Hordes of melee enemies should be much more fun.

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    I still can't get a fencer weapon combo that works better than the ranger.

Also does any one have the problem of edf soldiers literally jumping in front of you just as you shoot a rocket.

I know there s no point in fighting if you are just going to die.... But just kill yourself not both of us.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    I still can't get a fencer weapon combo that works better than the ranger.

Also does any one have the problem of edf soldiers literally jumping in front of you just as you shoot a rocket.

I know there s no point in fighting if you are just going to die.... But just kill yourself not both of us.

Not saying it works better than the Ranger, but the Spine Driver or the Jackhammer and the javelin storm makes a good setup. Bring a hand cannon or a light cannon for sniping, maybe some boom, and you're pretty well off.

And yes. It's even worse with this badass six round missile launcher I picked up. Thing ruins anything it hits. It just has a wide enough spread with the initial dispersal that what it hits sometimes includes, well, me.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    This game is comically stingy with achievements.

It was still awesome.

• Options
    I'm finding the Wing Diver to be quite the power house.

A lot of her weapons hit REALLY REALLY hard, but have a very very short range.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

It was still awesome.

Didn't the original game just have 5; one for beating it on each of the difficulties?

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

It was still awesome.

Didn't the original game just have 5; one for beating it on each of the difficulties?

6. There was an achievement for collecting all the weapons.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

It was still awesome.

Yeah, beat every difficulty sans Easy (they don't stack for God knows what reason) with every character. Ridiculous.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Tried out the Air Raider for the first time today.

"Feels like I'm seeing a daughter off to marriage."

i love you nice lady who drops the vehicles

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    ShatterShockShatterShock Registered User regular
    So just so I'm 110% sure, there is no proper ending cutscene or sequence to the game? Because if that's the case I have no reason to ever touch the single player (completed normal online last week)

• Options
    I was doing really good with the Wing Diver solo, but once I got in a 4 player game with some friends it was a bit of a different story.

With the increased health enemies had (mostly Hectors) my guns didn't hit as hard as I needed them to, considering my fragile nature.

• Options
    Aw, EDF. I can't stay mad at you.

The level after I'm ready to toss the disk out a window for difficulty, a trooper sings

"This day almost every-one's been killed, on this we must not dwell."

In a voice FAR too upbeat for a man facing the extinction of the human race.

I love this game.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

The level after I'm ready to toss the disk out a window for difficulty, a trooper sings

I love this game.

Which level, if I may ask?

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Man the wing diver gets some amaazzzinggg weapons later. The last laser lance that does something like 5k damage with a range of 100m is so good. So is the ecliat electro shock weapon.

And lastly the reflecton laser is hilarious in the tunnels.

Flying on top of a transport ship and just slam on it with the lance. Ride that bitch all the way down.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    Bonepart wrote: »

I love this game.

79. With all the transports.

Turned out I had a couple rifles that were long enough range, but for a while, I thought only my M2 heavy could hit the things. My level 10 heavy rifle.

Upside, I learned to dash cancel.

• Options
    Bonepart wrote: »

I love this game.

79. With all the transports.

Turned out I had a couple rifles that were long enough range, but for a while, I thought only my M2 heavy could hit the things. My level 10 heavy rifle.

Upside, I learned to dash cancel.

Good 'ole range problems.

I just did a mission with my Wing Diver where I brought a Laser Lance and the Plasma Ram, both sub 100m weapons.

I THOUGHT I was just facing Hectors. I forgot about the transport ships that drop them!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So I'm up to mission 80 or so

All of these missions are starting to feel same-y and sloggy to me now

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So I'm up to mission 80 or so

All of these missions are starting to feel same-y and sloggy to me now

I know the feeling.

Good news is, you're nearly done. And the last boss fight seems pretty fun so far, if a bit over-long.

• Options
    That's good to know. How far out am I?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    85 missions total, not counting online only missions and DLC.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Okay, having played this game some more... I'm done. Done with glitchy hit detection, frame rate issues, bad level design, enforced (and bad) co-op, and Sandlot's apparent complete disregard for what made EDF great. I'll keep my copy of 2017 probably long after Live for 360 is discontinued, but 2025 can go and eat a bowl of giant alien ovipositors.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Man, what are you talking about?

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    Okay, having played this game some more... I'm done. Done with glitchy hit detection, frame rate issues, bad level design, enforced (and bad) co-op, and Sandlot's apparent complete disregard for what made EDF great. I'll keep my copy of 2017 probably long after Live for 360 is discontinued, but 2025 can go and eat a bowl of giant alien ovipositors.

Aside from the frame rate issues I have no idea what you're talking about

• Options
    I like the game in general, but I do have a problem with it. Most levels feel like they have about one more wave of enemies than they should. Instead of ending in the sweet spot, it goes just long enough to shift to slog.

Which is a shame.

• Options
    Geeeeeeeez this last battle

They sure don't give you much in the way of health drops do they

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Geeeeeeeez this last battle

They sure don't give you much in the way of health drops do they

Kill the Earth Eater targets. They drop a lot of health.

Just cleared the last mission.

The Brain was pretty tough. It just had one flaw in its plan.

It couldn't beat us!

EDF! EDF! EDF!

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    All right, that credits song was pretty great

I'm kind of perplexed/relieved by how much easier the third stage of the final battle was compared to the first two

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    All right, that credits song was pretty great

I'm kind of perplexed/relieved by how much easier the third stage of the final battle was compared to the first two

Same.

The worst bit was the Delroy drops. Spike cannon won it for me, barely. Woulda gone with my multi missile, but that thing killed me more than the enemy in close quarters.

What gear you use?

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    For some reason, the Delroy didn't drop on my last run-through. Possibly I blew something up too fast? I don't know.

Hate that Delroy

Kind of want to try out Air Raider now, but it really does seem like it would be a lot better to use in co-op

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    For some reason, the Delroy didn't drop on my last run-through. Possibly I blew something up too fast? I don't know.

Hate that Delroy

Kind of want to try out Air Raider now, but it really does seem like it would be a lot better to use in co-op

I think the Delroy(s?) come out of any intact red drop areas. Blow up all of those, you're good.

Maybe.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I finished the game (just on Normal) with the Air Raider. Co-op would definitely be better as the Air Raider has lots of support abilities and vehicles with gunnery positions, but I enjoyed using unconventional tactics to get the job done.
    Plus the Epsilon Armored Railgun is delightfully OP.

• Options
    Oh man

It's so good to know that this game continues the longstanding tradition of EDF vehicles being absolute dog shit

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Limited ammo for them in this one. So you don't just have to earn a drop and keep it safe from friendly fire. You have to discard it as soon as the magazine runs dry.

Fun!

Meanwhile, Fencers are the maximum mobility class in addition to being the high armor class and the class with 4 weapons at once.

Killer Cage. Sky blue armor, melee weapon, and a lot of dead aliens. Also a lot of reloads, especially when the missile launcher misfired. Good times.

• Options
    I tried the mech armor for the Air Raider

That thing sucks even worse than in 2017

Fencer it is, for my heavy duty murder times (I suppose)

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Free Fencer tip.

Always have a melee weapon in one of your 4 slots.

Otherwise, basic maneuverability is a pain in the butt.

• Options
    Oh man

It's so good to know that this game continues the longstanding tradition of EDF vehicles being absolute dog shit

I have no idea how they fucked up the bike considering the hover bike in EDF2 didn't control like garbage.

• Options
    Insect Armageddon, whatever you think of the rest of it, had vehicles that could control worth a damn, with HP scaling to difficulty so they weren't absolute shit.

Sadly, this game... did not follow that path.

• Options
    Yeah. I have to give the game that though I don't fully agree with the HP scaling. I felt it could have been a bit more lenient on Inferno especially on mechs.