As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Little Plastic Blocks: The Movie

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Why did they put the big question mark over the invisible jet

dN0T6ur.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    ....So I guess the joke at the end was ruined?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Why did they put the big question mark over the invisible jet

Learn how to read Japanese and you can find out!

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm curious, what did he say when he got the coffee

because he said what sounded like two or three words that I didn't know when I expected to hear "Sugoi!"

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    My wife and I just got back from seeing this for the first time.

I am so so happy that I avoided reading anything about this movie so as to not be spoiled on anything.

What a charming, funny movie.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I think it's just "energetic animated voice."
    Or it's some crazy foreshadowing and the real kid is voiced by the same actor.
    I like this theory.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I like this theory.
    I don't cause
    Emmet is able to move on his own, at least to a degree, when he's in the real world so he is definitely his own character as opposed to being the kid's Lego stand-in.

CYpGAPn.png
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I like this theory.
    I don't cause
    Emmet is able to move on his own, at least to a degree, when he's in the real world so he is definitely his own character as opposed to being the kid's Lego stand-in.
    Are we to take that scene at face-value, I wonder? The kid isn't in the scene, but the dad is, and the dad is shown almost noticing that Emmett is moving in a pretty slapstick-fashion, and then he wiggles his way off the table. But couldn't that also be the kid's imagined explanation as to how the Emmett figure wound up on the floor?

From the kid's perspective, his dad took Emmett and placed him on the table. A few minutes later, the kid finds Emmett on the floor and while his dad is distracted, puts him back in the Lego diorama.

Maybe the dad really just knocked the figure onto the floor, but in the kid's story he 'narrates' that Emmett is alive and able to (kinda) move.

edited March 2014
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I like this theory.
    I don't cause
    Are we to take that scene at face-value, I wonder? The kid isn't in the scene, but the dad is, and the dad is shown almost noticing that Emmett is moving in a pretty slapstick-fashion, and then he wiggles his way off the table. But couldn't that also be the kid's imagined explanation as to how the Emmett figure wound up on the floor?

From the kid's perspective, his dad took Emmett and placed him on the table. A few minutes later, the kid finds Emmett on the floor and while his dad is distracted, puts him back in the Lego diorama.

Maybe the dad really just knocked the figure onto the floor, but in the kid's story he 'narrates' that Emmett is alive and able to (kinda) move.
    I think that would be a more plausible take if we didn't actually see Emmet move.

As is, I think it is stretching a bit.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    Stupid mobile site buttons being insanely tiny and close together

CYpGAPn.png
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    20090228225349_lego_monkey_knife_fight.jpg
    He ain't pretty no more!

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    There's a pretty great interview with the people who made the end credits here. (the end credits itself is on that page, but it's blocked from embedding elsewhere).

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    so after weeks of having to put it off due to car trouble or illness or work or family drama, I finally got to go see this just now

and I fucking loved it

I'm debating going back through the thread and reading spoilers to look for gags and cameos and other little bits I might have missed

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I still have yet to go through the whole thread, I might just wait and try to see what more I can catch on a repeat viewing

uc3ufTB.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    so I've been mulling it over and I'm wondering
    does anyone ever actually say the word "lego" at any point in the movie? because I don't think they ever did

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    does anyone ever actually say the word "lego" at any point in the movie? because I don't think they ever did

Nope, not even in the end sequence

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if it just turned out that way, or if it was because of Lego Group not wanting to dilute their trademark. (that's the reason they want people to use Lego as a descriptor and not a noun. Lego brick rather than Lego or Legos.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Nope, not even in the end sequence

They're a complex series of interlocking bricks!

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    it is turning into party central on my shelf
    ZRYu2jk.jpg

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Lego just announced they are opening a factory in China to keep up with emerging market demand.

Good for them! They don't release financials often, but... damn.

The only problem is that the Chinese plastics used are of a lower quality. There are currently parts made there for existing lego kits and you can clearly see a difference in color and quality. You can tell if a minifig torso is made in china if there is a part number on the inside fore arm and if there isn't ink printed on the neck.

I wondered why some had paint on the neck and others didn't.

Maybe by opening the own factory the quality control will go up?

I was wondering why the bionicle pieces I bought recently broke almost as soon as I touched them (slight exaggeration). I thought it was my big strong hands.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Looks like I'll be collecting all of the next set of Minifigures too:

53ntvcwcrydn.jpg

fbtb.net/2014/03/26/71005-the-simpsons-revealed/

Prices are going up a dollar though. :P Boo to that.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I kind of only need the "old man yells at cloud" lego newspaper

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    That toolbox Ned's got should come with the Homer mini fig.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be collecting all of the next set of Minifigures too:

53ntvcwcrydn.jpg

fbtb.net/2014/03/26/71005-the-simpsons-revealed/

Prices are going up a dollar though. :P Boo to that.

Thats an odd selection. No smithers? No Troy McClure or lionel Hutz?

No Nautical Stu?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    It's not that weird. If I had to pick 16 Simpsons characters for a set like that, those sure seem like the ones I'd pick

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I'd like an Edna and Seymour in place of Itchy and Scratchy, but can't really think of anybody else more key to the show

mkc.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    At first I was thinking "Their heads are weird" but then I thought "Oh hey it'll be real easy to tell witch figure is witch based on head shape

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Bobo and the inanimate carbon rod.

Whoever chose the accessories is amazing.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bobo and the inanimate carbon rod.

Whoever chose the accessories is amazing.

I have not really watched the Simpsons since 2000ish and I knew what everything they had ment

It's not that weird. If I had to pick 16 Simpsons characters for a set like that, those sure seem like the ones I'd pick
    Mostly Itchy, Scratchy,Ralph and Nelson just seem weird. Like barring my off the wall stuff Smithers,Moe,Barney and Skinner would fit bettter with this group

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Well how many actual sets of Simpsons are LEGO doing? They might be including some of those other characters in those, too.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I had heard Moe is out because of the alcohol connection, because they didn't do Star Wars Cantina bartenders our something either.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    I can understand that I guess.

Though the cat and mouse that dismember eat and skin each other seem like theyd be a bigger concern

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    That's a cartoon that's ok

I mean bugs bunny smooshes people with anvils

Langly on
    That's edited out by now

Brainleech wrote: »
    That's edited out by now
    Alot of it is for time now instead of violence.Though cartoon network only shows about 30 of the original shorts in rotation anyway.

The one with the bunny mob betting that bugs wins the race vs the turtle is the one that is so heavily edited that it no longer makes sense

The Robot Police Drop Ship should come out around the same time as Emmet's Mech?

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    okay this movie comes out and I wanna buy some fucking toys today to get hype

I know almost nothing about the plot

which set/sets should I buy

all of them

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    all of them

assume I am not quite that irresponsible with my cash, as much as I would like to be