As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of Shield] Thread is under quarantine for potential Captain America 2 spoilers!

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »
    Honestly I kind of think it's gonna be
    someone from his past we probably don't know about yet. Which would probably mean we're not going to find out this season.

In order of my opinion as to what is likely:
    1. Skye
    2. Someone from his past who he thinks is dead but is actually alive and now a terrorist
    3. Someone from his past who is still an active agent in SHIELD
    4. Simmons

PSN|AspectVoid
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I think it was just a sign that TV logic is a thing that happens. I really doubt the gun thing was a subtle allusion to his trying to resist and not just storytelling convenience.

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's just TV Logic but I didn't even notice it originally and it's an interesting thought experiment.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    TV Logic is definitely an acceptable explanation. I just think it would have been neat if the weapon weight callback had been done on purpose to connect with Ward and May's fight.

Edit:
    Oh, and in regards to who Ward is carrying a torch for, I thought he said that it was someone on his team, which would imply someone he was currently working with on the plane?

Calescent on
    Steam: Calidaria
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    Even though part of this discussion has been unspoilered, I'm going to spoil this anyway because this is my first post and I don't want to step on any toes.
    I found it interesting that they made a point of referencing Ward's sensitivity to weapon weight when he applauded Fitz for getting rid of an extra ounce on one of the Night-Night guns (and his concern about the weight had been introduced in an earlier episode). I would think that Ward would have noticed that his current weapon was lighter after May removed the clip, even in the midst of a fight. Could this be a sign that he was still attempting to resist Lorelei's influence, even if only subconsciously?

As I remember it,
    Fitz had Ward handle the weapon again without changing anything and Ward only thought it was lighter.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    Even though part of this discussion has been unspoilered, I'm going to spoil this anyway because this is my first post and I don't want to step on any toes.
    I found it interesting that they made a point of referencing Ward's sensitivity to weapon weight when he applauded Fitz for getting rid of an extra ounce on one of the Night-Night guns (and his concern about the weight had been introduced in an earlier episode). I would think that Ward would have noticed that his current weapon was lighter after May removed the clip, even in the midst of a fight. Could this be a sign that he was still attempting to resist Lorelei's influence, even if only subconsciously?

As I remember it,
    Fitz had Ward handle the weapon again without changing anything and Ward only thought it was lighter.

Of course, he then claimed later on that
    he could tell there was a round in it and he was just playing along. Because "Ah'm Agent Grant Ward. I just jumped out of a plane without a parachute on."

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    The ward discussion
    I thought it was aluding to someone from his past that had broken his heart, and that with May it was really just sex to him.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    The ward discussion
    I thought it was aluding to someone from his past that had broken his heart, and that with May it was really just sex to him.

Alternatively
    He really was able to resist Lorelai to some extent, and the manifestation of that was convincing her it wasn't May - since Lorelai's whole thing was being pretty proactive about killing significant others.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I'm getting annoyed at ABC. Two new episodes, followed by a look at all the cool Marvel stuff coming up this Tuesday, followed by a repeat of T.R.A.C.K.S next Tuesday.

Just show the new fucking episodes and stop jerking the show around.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    No new episodes until April 1 is really lame. It's three days before Cap 2 premiers.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    If tying the show into the movies requires that the schedule have giant stupid breaks in it all the time, I would rather not have it tie into the movies. I mean, the tie-ins are cool, but come on.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    If tying the show into the movies requires that the schedule have giant stupid breaks in it all the time, I would rather not have it tie into the movies. I mean, the tie-ins are cool, but come on.

it would utterly shock me if that's why there are so many breaks

I'm reasonably sure it's just the usual tv idiocy, made worse than usual by the Olympics.

I'm not terribly happy with them using the SHIELD timeslot to show the ... documentary (I'm not really sure what to call it); but I remain a bit hopeful that there will be some AoS information in it that may drive interest in the show itself.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    silly biker
    ben franklin was never president

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    So

Uh

What exactly is going to happen to Rooster and Co.?

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Presumably any that survived getting Siffed wake up with a terrible headache and are told never to speak of what happened.

steam_sig.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Neuralizer1.jpg

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Colonel Phillips? Have you lost age?

Presumably any that survived getting Siffed wake up with a terrible headache and are told never to speak of what happened.

Like killing his lady?

• SealSeal Registered User regular
    Plenty of fish in the sea.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Like killing his lady?

We don't know that he killed her. He might have just choked her out a little bit.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

Like killing his lady?

We don't know that he killed her. He might have just choked her out a little bit.

When he did that it didn't look like he wanted to knock her unconscious. Lorelei wasn't going to care that she got murdered to shut her up.

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    I think Mind Control by an Asgardian Goddess is not going to be a very convincing defense.

Even if it happens to be true.

Those that didn't die from blunt force trauma by Sif are going to be in deep shit.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
    That's what I'm getting at.

I'm optimistically assuming SHIELD is going to help out but still

Poor Rooster. Even if he doesn't get charged with anything.

That's what I'm getting at.

I'm optimistically assuming SHIELD is going to help out but still

Poor Rooster. Even if he doesn't get charged with anything.

Fuck Rooster. He was an outlaw biker, not a boy scout troop leader.

Er, we don't really know what he was besides a biker and probably kind of a chauvinistic douche. Which is pretty much what most bikers are at worst.
    And I very much doubt he deserves having murdered his wife coming regardless of what he's done.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Do we know he broke any laws?

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    rooster just needs to reenroll in community college and finish his GED

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!

Unless he's cosplaying being an outlaw biker, I'd be surprised if he hadn't. They're like the mafia or yakuza, with organized criminal organizations members break laws is like breathing.

edited March 2014
    Also, since this was definitely "death by weird stuff" it would fall under SHIELDS purview, thus they would have to face justice from SHIELD, and since SHIELD totally knows that it wasn't his own action, they wouldn't press charges.

The real question is how will Rooster himself react to the fact that he fully remembers killing his own wife. Poor guy might wind up in a SHIELD mental health facility for the next few years. Or he could go anti-SHIEKD for covering up what happened, and fall into league with the rising tipppppppfffffffffffffhahahahaha.

Like those guys are ever showing up again.

Undead Scottsman on
    Er, we don't really know what he was besides a biker and probably kind of a chauvinistic douche. Which is pretty much what most bikers are at worst.

He was an outlaw biker, not a biker. That's why he wore that an outlaw biker jacket with %1 on it and was in change of his gang. If his group really weren't outlaw bikers the show never implied they weren't.
    And I very much doubt he deserves having murdered his wife coming regardless of what he's done.

No, but I'm not going to care that much about him going to jail for it.

Unless he's cosplaying being an outlaw biker, I'd be surprised if he hadn't. They're like the mafia or yakuza, with organized criminal organizations members break laws is like breathing.

I'm really curious where you're getting the law breaking part.

You understand that bike club =/= organized criminals who deserve everything horrifying thing that happens to them, right?

I'm really curious where you're getting the law breaking part.

Being members in a criminal organization. Outlaw bikers = mafia, yakuza.
    You understand that bike club =/= organized criminals who deserve everything horrifying thing that happens to them, right?

Fair enough.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Maybe he was just a really method actor who decided to join a group of bikers in order to study for a role that he got cast in next season's "Sons of Anarchy."

edited March 2014

Man, when is the last time you've actually heard of criminal biker gangs in real life? It's kind of just a normalized subculture at this point, rather than a have for criminal activities. Shit, the Hell's Angels hold charity drives.

Beyond that, the dude's wife owns a bar. Not exactly running under the radar to operate a criminal syndicate out of the bar owned by a relative.

Undead Scottsman on

Man, when is the last time you've actually heard of criminal biker gangs in real life? It's kind of just a normalized subculture at this point, rather than a have for criminal activities.

They do exist, actually. Not on the news that much of course but they are out there.
    Shit, the Hell's Angels hold charity drives.

So? That doesn't mean they don't commit crimes.
    Beyond that, the dude's wife owns a bar. Not exactly running under the radar to operate a criminal syndicate out of the bar owned by a relative.

The wife can still do that and have a criminal husband.

edited March 2014

Man, when is the last time you've actually heard of criminal biker gangs in real life? It's kind of just a normalized subculture at this point, rather than a have for criminal activities.

They do exist, actually. Not on the news that much of course but they are out there.

They're in the minority is my point. Seeing a bunch of bikers and assuming criminality is making unfounded assumptions at this point.
    Shit, the Hell's Angels hold charity drives.

So? That doesn't mean they don't commit crimes. [/quote]

You can apply that logic to anyone though. Should we not feel sympathy for anyone?

My point was to not judge books by their covers. Hell's Angels, a notorious biker gang, holds charity drives for toys for tots. You'd never guess that based on your snap judgments about appearances.

The wife can still do that and have a criminal husband.
    You missed my point. He OPERATES this alledgedly criminal organization out of a bar, owned by his wife.

These guys would have probably been in jail for excess stupidity if they were actually criminals.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited March 2014
    You missed my point. He OPERATES this alledgedly criminal organization out of a bar, owned by his wife.

That doesn't mean its under surveillance by authorities or that he wasn't a criminal. The show made it clear they were outlaw bikers from the outset, it's easy to identify them as criminals unlike the mafia or yakuza who wear suits. Why bother doing that if they're not really outlaw bikers?
    These guys would have probably been in jail for excess stupidity if they were actually criminals.

I guess he was lucky he wasn't until a certain Asgardian appeared.

Harry Dresden on
    Harry you are making some massive assumptions about this guy.

Like, really dickish ones.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    It's a problem with the show. They do have a really blasé attitude towards some pretty serious subject matters. They've gone into other countries and killed people there. They don't even just kill criminals, they kill soldiers and guards who were basically just doing their job.

KingofMadCows on
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    It's a problem with the show. They do have a really blasé attitude towards some pretty serious subject matters. They've gone into other countries and killed people there. They don't even just kill criminals, they kill soldiers and guards who were basically just doing their job.

Well, to be fair, they are a clandestine organization who's overseen by a mysterious council that is perfectly willing to authorized nuclear strikes on densely populated cities. Compared to that, dropping into a country and killing a dozen or two soldiers doesn't seem like a big deal.

PSN|AspectVoid
This discussion has been closed.