As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

No one in town is trained to use The Giant Bomb Thread

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    How much for the little girl? How much for the women? The little girl, your daughters, sell them to me. Sell me your children!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b9ERSVKgb8

Best of Giant Bomb 56 - That's Not A Nose

I will never get tired of Rorie being so excited about puppies.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    GDC is going to be a bummer without Ryan. :(

Everything's a bummer without Ryan

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    get your teens here!

fresh teens! organic teens! teens on a stick! deep fried teens! get them on a bun!

how else would you monetize teens???

• JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    how else would you monetize teens???

You need the charges on their parents' credit cards to be inconspicuous. Consider pricing your microtransactions like a standard bottle of Centrum Silver Vitamins. Odds are, that old fuck won't even know little Billy spent $36 on Gembuxx this week.

signature.png

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    How much for the little girl? How much for the women? The little girl, your daughters, sell them to me. Sell me your children!
    Just clicked on this thread and this is a hell of a first post for a new page.

I kinda want that MUSIC/BAND shirt

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I only started watching Giant Bomb after Ryan Davis passed away. Basically, the entire internet was talking about it, and that's when I learned about GB and went "Okay, if so many people are affected by this I have to go check it out." And I am enjoying GB, overall, as a whole.

But I can't go back and watch the old stuff. I have tried. And whenever I see Ryan Davis it just makes me really sad and I turn it off. He seems like a really nice guy. But I know how it turns out. It's like, starting a book and someone tells you your favorite character dies at the end so you can't read it anymore. But in real life, and thus so much worse. I think the GB backlog will be forever closed to me.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    that's a real shame because Ryan's work is most definitely worth going back and enjoying

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I only started watching Giant Bomb after Ryan Davis passed away. Basically, the entire internet was talking about it, and that's when I learned about GB and went "Okay, if so many people are affected by this I have to go check it out." And I am enjoying GB, overall, as a whole.

But I can't go back and watch the old stuff. I have tried. And whenever I see Ryan Davis it just makes me really sad and I turn it off. He seems like a really nice guy. But I know how it turns out. It's like, starting a book and someone tells you your favorite character dies at the end so you can't read it anymore. But in real life, and thus so much worse. I think the GB backlog will be forever closed to me.

Oh, good, I thought it was just me

I've been going back through some of the quick looks and everytime one starts with Ryan I just sort of frown out of sadness

That being said, I've been able to enjoy it in spite of that, no small part of which is the fact that Ryan was a really funny guy.

Etchwarts on
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I kinda want that MUSIC/BAND shirt

I want the "CLOTHING" shirt from paranatural really badly

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

The very first bombcast I ever listened to was the last one Ryan was on.

I never listened to the memorial podcast, would have felt like I was crashing a funeral.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Inquisitor

There is literally no better compliment you could pay to Ryan Davis' memory than enjoying his work

You should give at least some of it another shot

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I get sad about Ryan again once every, oh, let's say 2 weeks

I can watch old stuff with him just fine, but it gets harder the closer it is to the end of his life

I dunno if I could ever watch the Game & Wario Quick Look, the last recorded thing he and Jeff ever did together, again

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    This is going to sound lame as heck because I can't remember what it's from. It's probably Babylon 5 or Mass Effect or something

But there's a race of aliens who exist in a state where all of time happened in the same moment (see, I am already way off probably) and they don't or can't understand why humans mourn dead people, because those people are still alive in that segment of time, and will always be alive there. It's more of a limited location than a limited time

That's how I think of Ryan and the GB videos. He's still alive, but in the past. Like Marty said "Doc's alive! He's in the old west, but he's alive!"

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I think the last thing Ryan would want is for everyone to be all mopey and depressed about his death. Grab a drink and enjoy some games (and GB's coverage of those games).

rfilyaw wrote: »
    This is going to sound lame as heck because I can't remember what it's from. It's probably Babylon 5 or Mass Effect or something

But there's a race of aliens who exist in a state where all of time happened in the same moment (see, I am already way off probably) and they don't or can't understand why humans mourn dead people, because those people are still alive in that segment of time, and will always be alive there. It's more of a limited location than a limited time

That's how I think of Ryan and the GB videos. He's still alive, but in the past. Like Marty said "Doc's alive! He's in the old west, but he's alive!"

the Tralfamadorians from Kurt Vonnegut's stuff?

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    slaughterhouse five?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I have no idea! I heard it second hand, and I just liked the concept

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »

I believe you are referring to the aliens in "the gate" in Star Trek DS. One of the big things about them is they don't really get the whole "linear temporal experience" thing. It's totally a foreign concept to them. Makes it hard for them to understand why Sisko feels such regret and loss over his wife's death.

Also, on a completely unrelated note I have been avoiding as much as possible any info on DS2 in preparation for its PC release in about a month. But, I did look up the opening cinematic and it's pretty hype.

ronnie you should absolutely read slaughterhouse five

not just because it's good, but knowing your style of humor, it's probably right up your alley

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I think the last thing Ryan would want is for everyone to be all mopey and depressed about his death. Grab a drink and enjoy some games (and GB's coverage of those games).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol6SToGyWic

Still maintain this as GOAT Quick Look

6F32U1X.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have narrowed my choices tonight down to two options:

1) draw some anime
    2) smith the shit out of some black in ff14

at 1:10 Vinny does a Wizard People: Dear Reader impression. I love him so much

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Added to my Watch Later list!

Looking up the best of the best Quick Looks has been my primary source of entertainment for the last few days

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    If you're looking for great QLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKV_lcmyO9s

And any other of their game show videos, like Family Feud.

man, Buzz! is insanely fun if you can get enough people together for it

it's probably really hard to find at this point now

• JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fem0HaY0riI

Start at 22:00

"IT'S TIME TO FEED, BRAD"

signature.png

• SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    LAN thing was kinda fun..

most nerds just end up playing stuff like dota and league which is fun but not really 'LAN fun' imo...

had a lot of fun playing Armagetron (light bikes) with like 10 people

DKFA7.gif
    Dota and league and whatnot make great lan games as long as you enforce fun LAN rules. Like everytime you die or every X minutes you have to swap what computer you are playing at.

The shouts of "the fuck is this item build?" Are hilarious.

guess what tpp is playing
    m3names.png

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Twitch doesn't stand a chance at that shit

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Twitch doesn't stand a chance at that shit

If it's like earthbound the combat is time sensitive. They are hosed.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It's even worse than EarthBound. Doing good damage is dependent on being able to deal hits to the beat of the music.

And using exactly the right items at exactly the right time.

The health scrolls more slowly, so they have that going for them, but outside of that...

dN0T6ur.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The first Breath of Fire would be a better alternative

VRXwDW7.png
This discussion has been closed.