As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Explosive [chat] disposal

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Day two of high fibre cereal and no toast

oh god i think my stomach is rebelling what is this all hands on the poop deck

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

I ... what ... who attacks firefighters? The fuck?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I like how you became a chat regular after the holiday forum [chat]s, Athenor.

Also, between 5 am and 8 am, i probably woke up about 15 times.

A combination of barking dog and fear that my alarm clock wouldn't work caused that.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Did you know Ohio is the top Swiss Cheese producer in America?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Morning chat. :)

Started to go to bed last night, but our modem was acting weird again so I couldn't listen to "tv" to fall asleep. So I turned on the radio.. and proceeded to not fall asleep, because I was listening to the celtic and folk music that NPR was playing.

... Why is celtic music so fascinating to me? It's all relatively similar in cadence and tone, and yet I get pulled into fantasy so easily and start thinking about what it'd be like to be overseas...

Eat some potatoes and drink like there's no tomorrow, obviously.
    Sorry, fellow potatoe and drinking people.

Of course, then you run into the dilemma of whether to eat the potato now or ferment it and drink it later.

Decisions, decisions.....

sig.gif
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

How can Ohio produce foreign cheese domestically?

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

this seems to be a frequent enough thing that I wonder whether there's some grievance we aren't being told about

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Morning chat. :)

Started to go to bed last night, but our modem was acting weird again so I couldn't listen to "tv" to fall asleep. So I turned on the radio.. and proceeded to not fall asleep, because I was listening to the celtic and folk music that NPR was playing.

... Why is celtic music so fascinating to me? It's all relatively similar in cadence and tone, and yet I get pulled into fantasy so easily and start thinking about what it'd be like to be overseas...

I went through a pretty long Celtic music phase.

I used to listen to Celtic music, movie soundtracks, and random ambient shit... and I would start planning the action beats of my tabletop games around the music.

So I was the crazy DM who would burn mix CDs that flowed with the scenes I was running, and have the epic enemy dialog times to the crescendos and swells of the backing track.

I still think my greatest accomplishment in scoring a game was using the 12 Monkeys soundtrack in Harbinger House, a planescape adventure that ends in an insane asylum in Sigil, where crazy beliefs change reality in the first place.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Happens a lot in Norn Iron. And ambulances too. :(

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ...and yesterday we had nice, sunny spring weather. Yep, it's March in Sweden.

CPLNLP9.jpg

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    "Young guys that I know are much more likely to go to straight bars," Schwamb said. "Gay bars, I think, are still popular from the standpoint of going to socialize. You know there are going to be other people like yourself and you're just having a good time. I think gay bars still have that draw."

Basically, I think you are going to see a shift from the established gay bars to bars that are extremely queer friendly, but also solid bars in general.

pretty much everywhere is queer-friendly now

Eeeeeeh

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Morning folks

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Man I'm tired. Hard work is hard work.

• Options
    *tears*

2014-03-17-Rhythm-of-the-Meat.jpg

• Options
    *tears*

You're a monster for not posting the alt text.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    "Young guys that I know are much more likely to go to straight bars," Schwamb said. "Gay bars, I think, are still popular from the standpoint of going to socialize. You know there are going to be other people like yourself and you're just having a good time. I think gay bars still have that draw."

Basically, I think you are going to see a shift from the established gay bars to bars that are extremely queer friendly, but also solid bars in general.

Eeeeeeh

Within a major city, nearly every place will like, serve you if you come in as a gay couple. But there are def still places where people stare or say shit or they kinda gently suggest you go elsewhere if you're gonna be all kissing on each other.

Edit: In this context, I don't really distinguish between the bar's management and the bar's other clients because there isn't a practical difference.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    *tears*

people should not be lazy

• Options
    is it possible to embed facebook videos into the forums?

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

What the actual fuck

They should just install a plow on the front and just bulldoze all these shits down

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    after this recent string of failed romances, i am feeling bitter and impotent, like stale yerba mate or perhaps some kind of squat and ugly chocolate almond bar

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I need a new scientific calculator, preferably Casio, that does complex number calculations. Specifically I want a one button "cartesian to polar" function on it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    *tears*

The alt text murders the joke like, 70% of the time, why do you like it so much? Are you a humor murderer?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Eeeeeeh

Within a major city, nearly every place will like, serve you if you come in as a gay couple. But there are def still places where people stare or say shit or they kinda gently suggest you go elsewhere if you're gonna be all kissing on each other.

Took an ex to a restaurant in Savannah, GA back in the late 90s... she's black, I'm white.

they sat us in a near-empty part of the restaurant... which we didn't notice at first because the whole place was kind of empty... then they filled up the other half, and sat a black couple next to our table.

That was 15 years ago? Really not that far back.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Lady Gaga At SXSW: 'Don't Sell Out. Sell In.'

Hahaha
    Yyyyeeeeesssss
    Get dunked on milenials

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    It's impossible for anyone to dunk on millennials

All non millennials are too old to do any dunking, etc, bad backs, osteoporosis and so forth

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

But ... why?

shryke on
  • Options
    *tears*

people should not be lazy

I strive to be Ronnie-esque in all things.
    *tears*

The alt text murders the joke like, 70% of the time, why do you like it so much? Are you a humor murderer?

I'm more of a regular murderer. I keep the bodies in my basement and turn them into jerky.

• Options
    edited March 2014

That's what everyone is up in arms about!

I guess the EU has a big proposal to limit cheese names.

Now places in Ohio are like HEY WAIT A SECOND MY GREAT-GREAT-GRANDFATHER WAS SWISS AND DAMN IT WE MAKE SWISS CHEESE.

The EU is like. Naw player you better call that Zanesville Cheese.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2014/03/15/naming-rights.html

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Do they import milk from Switzerland?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

But ... why?

Kids with nothing to do and no damns to give.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    *tears*

[img]http://www.whompcomic.com/ comics/2014-03-17-Rhythm-of-the-Meat.jpg[/img]

The english translation of Michel Leiris's autobiographical work Manhood left out any explanatory preface, even though none of Leiris's other works had been translated before (despite being a fairly successful French artist).

It abruptly starts with a thorough examination of his own body, which is a bit weird, but eventually you figure out this book revolves around failure: his impotence, the death of the French Surrealist movement he had identified with, his sick fantasies about violence and sex, his inability to successfully commit suicide etc

When a theme of something is about failure, you want to excise anything that triumphs, and revisit the things that cause you the most pain. The alt-text is pain, Donk, and you must embrace it as surely as Leiris finally embraced his eternally flaccid cock.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Fist bump to all not going to work today. I love Mondays at home.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    It's impossible for anyone to dunk on millennials

All non millennials are too old to do any dunking, etc, bad backs, osteoporosis and so forth

Old people trying to use our words like they're not worried about their retirement fund.

"Stop dunking on the Nintendo machine with your hop hop and get a goddamn haircut!"

• Options

Do they import milk from Switzerland?

well no. but it was most likely made by swiss immigrants (not in all cases) so they are kind of pissed because hey no one is going to buy random city name cheese if they can't easily identify that it tastes like swiss cheese.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Fist bump to all not going to work today. I love Mondays at home.

*fi....

oh no wait i'm going to work now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    ok, time to begin my midterm that is due in 8 hours.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i went to bed at 1 and awoke at 6 to come to work early as i'd not finished my work

so daunting and scary tho

so sleepy

fart

poo
  • Options
    RAqpzcj.png
    Best review of Godus so far

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    why am i awaaaaaaaaake?!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    why am i awaaaaaaaaake?!
    why am i alive

poo
This discussion has been closed.