As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Explosive [chat] disposal

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Huh, there is actually a Plato's Closet in town.

Crazy. I wouldn't have thought this place was big enough.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    renting is essentially just throwing money down a great big pit with no return

Sure but it does allow me to live in a place I couldn't afford to buy and which I like. So there is a trade off.

I know London is an exception but housing is so expensive to buy here that I'd need to move to a pretty awful place to buy.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Where the fuck is my eyebrow waggle smiley.

CALVIN KLEIN DRESS + BREATH = NAKED LADY HUBBA HUBBA

damnit!

Right where you left it.

:winky:

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I never had a belt-loop tear on a jeans, regardless of maker. How'd you manage that?

I think I get drunk and try to rip my belt off really fast like I'm drawing a pistol.
    Also sometimes I manage to snag them on shit.

Drunk. Ok, I get that.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    That lady was calling you fat Will.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Izzat a toga store?

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Skrillex put out a new album that's totes not an EP.

It's p fun!

Ya know... if you're into that sort of thing.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    My garden is full of some kind of lemon scented weed, and in trying to find out what it is all I'm finding are yahoo answers type shit about whether lemon surface cleaner will mask the smell of cannabis

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    light grey or tweed or gtfo

i have a tweed suit but rarely find the opportunity to wear it

am wearing a grey herringbone tweed jacket today tho

p.s. i hate you because i have never found one that fits they don't make clothes for professors that are also children

Cinders wrote: »

Izzat a toga store?

Lightly second hand designer/brand labels clothing store.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Is there a name for mixing tea and whiskey? If not, I propose the General Sherman in the vein of our godawful discussion of godawful drink names from yesterday.

Agreed if we require that its a mix of sweet tea and Canadian Whiskey (or any other whiskey from The North).

GENERAL SHERMAN
    2 oz canadian club,
    6 ounces sweet tea
    shake until the ice is beaten down
    pour over ice
    squeeze a Georgia Peach in your fist over the glass.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
    make a General Sherman
    add two dashes of ipecac

I mean, I won't ever be able to find pants there, but it'll be a great source of tops.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So that's where Christian Slater went

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    For a second there I thought you guys were talking about Huntsville, AL.

And I was going to offer my condolences.

Huntsville, AL is much better then Huntsville, TX. One has Redstone Arsenal which has rocket scientists and the other is where Texas kills people.

I would give up on being vegetarian if someone provided me with a lifetime supply of suits and outfits similar to the above, that were perfectly tailored to my diminutive, child-like stature

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I would strangle a puppy for that jacket.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

i went there once on a nasa conference when i was a young man

the conference and my hotel were at the airport so i had no reason to go into the city

but i had an afternoon off and called a cab and asked him to take me to whereever people do things in huntsville alabama

he took me to a mall

just about every single kiosk was selling pro wrestling paraphernalia. i got a bite at a chain restaurant and called another cab to go home

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I dislike pantlegs that are fitted to show off the socks

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I would give up on being vegetarian if someone provided me with a lifetime supply of suits and outfits similar to the above, that were perfectly tailored to my diminutive, child-like stature

you know if I ever become a billionaire you're gonna have to stop saying shit like that because I'd do it just to watch you die inside

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    that jacket is too long!

Zampanov wrote: »

I am v happy this is in style again

because

either I get pants that cover my shoes, and I mean cover them. like I walk on my pants

or I have pants that are so short

and now I'm like

well look at these fancy socks

oh also i love fancy socks

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    that jacket is too long!

it is in between a suit jacket and an overcoat!

I think it's cool.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Kalkino wrote: »
    You can get some very nice cheap suits in London these days. Designed by local tailors who fit you up, then get it made in a workshop in a cheaper place, then finished in London. Maybe 500 bucks? I've had a couple now that I've been happy with.

england takes suits much more seriously than america. we take most of our suiting cues from england (or ugh italy)

most americans wear suits only to weddings and funerals if that and don't grow up knowing anything about dressing up.

it's honestly something that should be taught in high schools.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I passed out in my bed.

Snow days, yay being lazy.

u7stthr17eud.png
    japan's suit industry is amazing

but good lord are they unbearably expensive

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

When I meet people in real life who dress like that, I roll my eyes.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

I am v happy this is in style again

because

either I get pants that cover my shoes, and I mean cover them. like I walk on my pants

or I have pants that are so short

and now I'm like

well look at these fancy socks

oh also i love fancy socks

find a tailor and have normal length pants

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    Ludious wrote: »
    So you like the gray plaid? I just figured everyone would be like NO ONLY USED CAR SALESMEN WEAR PLAID SUITS. Because I really like this one

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-suits/modern-fit-trim-suits/j-abboud-2b-sv-ff-mod-bv-bt-381L382L62

i like it. i mean i would hesitate to even call it "plaid" since it's just a cross-stitched fabric and not, like, a printed fabric.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    argh this outfiiiit
    1-checks-london-street-style.jpg

Looks like an Austrian tailor who has lived in Milan for a bit met an East London hipster with money.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    huntsville, al has changed a shitton in the last 5-10 years.Bunch of new industries opening up there has caused it to start growing like a mofo

Bless your heart.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I dislike navy a lot. I feel that I do not look good in it. I like grays and blacks and darker browns

Navy is an overrated color.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    MrMister wrote: »

You meet people in real life? Tell us more of your harrowing tales, outlander.

I dislike navy a lot. I feel that I do not look good in it. I like grays and blacks and darker browns

i used to dislike it but have come around.

it's a little more preppy than darker greys but that is okay

i also rather like lighter grey suits.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    So I tried to read through the Bitcoin thread to kind of get what is happening with Bitcoins

From what I can understand, after wading through layers of tech security and coding stuff I don't get, is that basically the premier cryptocurrency was stored on a server written by someone with my level of experience in coding things?

And also I guess I still dont udnerstand bitcoin

my brain keeps saying "it is basically like those tokens you get at an arcade, but only worth less"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd19SboRhVY

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

You meet people in real life? Tell us more of your harrowing tales, outlander.

Sometimes I have to say hello to deliverymen it's very scary but I man up

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Huntsville, AL is much better then Huntsville, TX. One has Redstone Arsenal which has rocket scientists and the other is where Texas kills people.

My company has an office in Huntsville.

Everybody in that town I've ever dealt with has been remarkably.

...hmmm... what's a polite way to say this...

fucking retarded.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So you like the gray plaid? I just figured everyone would be like NO ONLY USED CAR SALESMEN WEAR PLAID SUITS. Because I really like this one

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-suits/modern-fit-trim-suits/j-abboud-2b-sv-ff-mod-bv-bt-381L382L62

i like it. i mean i would hesitate to even call it "plaid" since it's just a cross-stitched fabric and not, like, a printed fabric.

what is with that pocket square tho

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
This discussion has been closed.