As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Explosive [chat] disposal

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Cinders wrote: »
    That lady was calling you fat Will.

man i was not fat at all back then! i was really slim!

this was in texas in like 1997 so honestly she was calling me a cross-dresser which i am sure she regarded as way worse

Wqdwp8l.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    japan's suit industry is amazing

but good lord are they unbearably expensive

I found them reasonably priced if you wanted something with decent quality. That was usually 300 including the tailoring and usually a few shirts. 600 for two suits and some extras and again tailored.

Of course you could always go buy suits from the place the Host do. 100 bucks or so, not really tailored and fall apart but look good while they are around.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I think I'm gonna wear purple to the dinner this year.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    argh this outfiiiit
    1-checks-london-street-style.jpg

there is a whole lot to hate here but i do love that topcoat

Wqdwp8l.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I would give up on being vegetarian if someone provided me with a lifetime supply of suits and outfits similar to the above, that were perfectly tailored to my diminutive, child-like stature

When I meet people in real life who dress like that, I roll my eyes.

You meet people in real life? Tell us more of your harrowing tales, outlander.

Sometimes I have to say hello to deliverymen it's very scary but I man up

I always wait for him to go away before I scurry outside and get my packages. One time he hadn't quite left yet and I looked at him and he almost looked me in the eyes but I slammed the door and waited for him to drive away. I was extra careful when I opened it back up to get my package.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    You can get some very nice cheap suits in London these days. Designed by local tailors who fit you up, then get it made in a workshop in a cheaper place, then finished in London. Maybe 500 bucks? I've had a couple now that I've been happy with.

england takes suits much more seriously than america. we take most of our suiting cues from england (or ugh italy)

most americans wear suits only to weddings and funerals if that and don't grow up knowing anything about dressing up.

it's honestly something that should be taught in high schools.

If it helps, New Zealand sounds like the US so far as suits go.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    those shoes and socks are pretty terrible.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Apparently I am constipated. :rotate:

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Is your name Prince? Cause if its not wearing purple can get you arrested by the fashion police.

Funniest_Memes_the-fashion-police_3651.jpeg

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    So you like the gray plaid? I just figured everyone would be like NO ONLY USED CAR SALESMEN WEAR PLAID SUITS. Because I really like this one

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-suits/modern-fit-trim-suits/j-abboud-2b-sv-ff-mod-bv-bt-381L382L62

i like it. i mean i would hesitate to even call it "plaid" since it's just a cross-stitched fabric and not, like, a printed fabric.

I think vanilla ate my post

anyway, what is with that pocket square

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    My garden is full of some kind of lemon scented weed, and in trying to find out what it is all I'm finding are yahoo answers type shit about whether lemon surface cleaner will mask the smell of cannabis

QydbcFF.jpg

Lemon balm?

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I like that pocket square.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Is your name Prince? Cause if its not wearing purple can get you arrested by the fashion police.

Funniest_Memes_the-fashion-police_3651.jpeg

Purple is my favorite color so fuk da hattaaazzzzzzzzzzzz

And da police.

Them too.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    You can get some very nice cheap suits in London these days. Designed by local tailors who fit you up, then get it made in a workshop in a cheaper place, then finished in London. Maybe 500 bucks? I've had a couple now that I've been happy with.

england takes suits much more seriously than america. we take most of our suiting cues from england (or ugh italy)

most americans wear suits only to weddings and funerals if that and don't grow up knowing anything about dressing up.

yeah, schools don't do enough to stifle creativity and individualism as is

Zampanov wrote: »
    So you like the gray plaid? I just figured everyone would be like NO ONLY USED CAR SALESMEN WEAR PLAID SUITS. Because I really like this one

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-suits/modern-fit-trim-suits/j-abboud-2b-sv-ff-mod-bv-bt-381L382L62

i like it. i mean i would hesitate to even call it "plaid" since it's just a cross-stitched fabric and not, like, a printed fabric.

I think vanilla ate my post

anyway, what is with that pocket square

some kind of bullshit

i would not recommend anything besides a standard white linen or cotton tv fold

(i.e. a small rectangle showing over the top)

some people can pull off showy pocket squares but it is an advanced move imo

Wqdwp8l.png
    japan wrote: »
    My garden is full of some kind of lemon scented weed, and in trying to find out what it is all I'm finding are yahoo answers type shit about whether lemon surface cleaner will mask the smell of cannabis

could be lemon basil

Wqdwp8l.png
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Pocket squares I can't

Purple I'm pretty down with, however

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh man, Google totally has some goatse on the front page.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I like how you became a chat regular after the holiday forum [chat]s, Athenor.

Also, between 5 am and 8 am, i probably woke up about 15 times.

A combination of barking dog and fear that my alarm clock wouldn't work caused that.

Eh.. I try, but this place moves so damned fast! I can't really post well during the day. Plus, it helps that SE++ is a little slow lately/there aren't that many threads over there I'm interested in at the moment.

Though after seeing someone say that the alt text murders whomp, I have half a mind to summon @rfilyaw‌ to defend himself, as I find them funn---

Shit, I just summoned him, didn't I?

Do you mean the guy I mentioned that time, or is it someone else?

geth, status report

Wqdwp8l.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Situation report:

Thread Recycle: page 100
    We keep you safe.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

yeah but

pac-man hoodie

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I'm going to kill this thread with sweet love making.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Why would you ever say something like that?

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

"creativity" and "individualism" are really overrated.

ugh

i can't speak for ireland but stifling the creativity and individuality of young minds is like the least significant problem in american schools

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Delmain wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

Why would you ever say something like that?

Because it's true.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

imagine the tumblr blowback from a high school course in men's fashion etiquette

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

yeah we prefer the lazy and easy way out.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I like proletariat fashion. Proletariat fashion does not approve of expensive, impractical garments or these ridiculous 'squares' for your 'pocket.'

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    [Chat]acos

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

yeah but

pac-man hoodie

brings all the girls to the yard

you don't even know

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Wearing suits is dumb

And that guy is a hipster and you should feel bad for admiring his clothing choices.

A bit ironic since the west coast is known for it's anti-dress-up culture and also being home to the epicenter of hipster culture at the same time.

And yet, there is a fusion of east and west coast.

I am baffled.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

imagine the tumblr blowback from a high school course in men's fashion etiquette

reason enough imo

If we have high school art classes, I don't see why fashion couldn't be among them.

I wouldn't pick "let's all wear suits because we're repressed status-oriented climbers" as the curriculum though.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

ugh

i can't speak for ireland but stifling the creativity and individuality of young minds is like the least significant problem in american schools

yeah, the lack of telling people when their coat is too long is obviously top of the list

I like proletariat fashion. Proletariat fashion does not approve of expensive, impractical garments or these ridiculous 'squares' for your 'pocket.'

eqmnqrd.jpg

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

yeah we prefer the lazy and easy way out.
    I used to have hope that the next generation would be motivated and thoughtful, and in some cases that is true, but a lot of this shit these kids are doing is fucking retarded.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I think the first isn't true at all

I think the market and businesses all value creativity and innovation

while businesses (and schools, in many ways) are set up to repress them

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Mazzyx will create the new thread
    @Tav is backup

This discussion has been closed.