As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

MazzyxMazzyx Comedy GoldRegistered User regular
edited March 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
So is the curse one gets a [chat] and one isn't prepared. At least nothing on this computer.

So let the [chat] begin.

It is March and I am home from this stuff...

Winter_Weather.JPEG-0c808_t607.JPG

And I am spending the day watching stuff from this guy...

neil-degrasse-tyson-of-course-humans-will-kill-each-other-in-space.jpg

And thus failing at [chat]!

On and Nate Silver's new website is open.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/

So [chat] away!

u7stthr17eud.png
Irond Will on

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    is he no longer writing for the NYT?

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Hey Mazzy, that link there is broken. Or perhaps Mr Silver's site is down?

488W936.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

He got a ton of money from ESPN I guess to start a website. Does sports, politics and other stats.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

He got bought out by ESPN

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm watching episode one of Cosmos. I think this series could have benefited from Neil deGrasse Tyson as not the narrator.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    MrMister wrote: »
    If we have high school art classes, I don't see why fashion couldn't be among them.

I wouldn't pick "let's all wear suits because we're repressed status-oriented climbers" as the curriculum though.

ugh

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    At Feral, I've dealt with people from Huntsville, Al. I know what you're talking about. But it's still the better Huntsville.

Mazzyx wrote: »

He got a ton of money from ESPN I guess to start a website. Does sports, politics and other stats.

hmm

I will follow on twitter!

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Should of?

Corehealer wrote: »
    Hey Mazzy, that link there is broken. Or perhaps Mr Silver's site is down?

Works just fine for me.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm watching episode one of Cosmos. I think this series could have benefited from Neil deGrasse Tyson as not the narrator.

elki, no

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

But DeGrasse Tyson-san

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    This is the election cycle that will prove whether Silver is merely lucky, or if he truly did sell his soul at the crossroads in trade for the power to alter the future by predicting it.

I am sad to learn that the whole section about Bruno is very, very inaccurate.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I should clarify: I'm not against all fashion, on principle. I think there's a lot of room to pick out pleasing colors and fabrics, to find cuts that suit you, to layer complementary pieces, and so on. And most of this can be done on a fairly pedestrian budget using only garments that are practically essential anyhow (a lighter and heavier coat, an open jacket and a light sweater, etc. etc.)

I'm much less into men's dress wear, or the absurdity of fashion blogs that expect you to have a rotating set of $600 shirts--one for each jacket!--though, because I don't think it's actually that interesting aesthetically, but it is very, very, very expensive. So I find it some mix of vain and retrograde.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

also will you did not comment on my school/career plans I am sad

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Why can't I poooooop?

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    This is the election cycle that will prove whether Silver is merely lucky, or if he truly did sell his soul at the crossroads in trade for the power to alter the future by predicting it.

I know you're joking, but 2012 was really just proof that even MATH can be spun into a partisan battleground by the cable news media.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

elki, no

As a narrator, I'm not sure if to call him passable or competent.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

I know you're joking, but 2012 was really just proof that even MATH can be spun into a partisan battleground by the cable news media.
    Unskewed polls is still hilarious.

The question is who else do you put there?

Like right now who else has the name recognition and not be a boring speaking that could of worked?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Also @mazzyx - you are an adult with a big boy job now. Surely you can use proper grammar in your [chat] title.

/thatguy

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    Also mazzyx - you are an adult with a big boy job now. Surely you can use proper grammar in your [chat] title.

/thatguy

I could, or I can leave it and annoy everyone for like a day.

And I am fine with that.

u7stthr17eud.png

elki, no

As a narrator, I'm not sure if to call him passable or competent.

he is awesome and inspiring and you are making me sad

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    we should teach our kids to dress to social standards for the same reason we teach them table manners and polite forms of address and the ability to make conversation.

and while i'm at it, to apply for a job or negotiate a raise or apply for a loan or groom themselves.

not being able to do these things will limit their ability to function fully in the world. it will shut doors.

the idea that americans just can't really figure out how to express their inner individual because they've been so brainwashed with standards of propriety is just a ridiculous 1970s throwback. the radical individualists got their say and we ended up with LA.

no thank you.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Mazzzzzzyyyyyyxxxx!

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Like right now who else has the name recognition and not be a boring speaking that could of worked?

I quite like Tyson but I think Michio Kaku would've also been a good call.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Really?

TehSloth wrote: »

I like Kaku but he has weird intonation. He is super excitable and pretty cool but I think Tyson is a better speaker.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Also mazzyx - you are an adult with a big boy job now. Surely you can use proper grammar in your [chat] title.

/thatguy

I could, or I can leave it and annoy everyone for like a day.

And I am fine with that.
    Ai4jru4.png

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    I would give up on being vegetarian if someone provided me with a lifetime supply of suits and outfits similar to the above, that were perfectly tailored to my diminutive, child-like stature

The inverse would be an interesting charity foundation, providing tailored suits to avowed vegetarians who stick with it.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    cosmos needs more educational nudity
    NO NEIL PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON OH GOD I TAKE EVERYTHING I SAID BACK

Bless your heart.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

spool you also missed where he predicted 2008 and 2010 very accurately as well

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

g4VuGbrl.png

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Why can't I poooooop?

I was constipated for a couple days after I got my hernia surgery, because painkillers do that.

Metamucil and coffee, my friend.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    we should teach our kids to dress to social standards for the same reason we teach them table manners and polite forms of address and the ability to make conversation.

and while i'm at it, to apply for a job or negotiate a raise or apply for a loan or groom themselves.

not being able to do these things will limit their ability to function fully in the world. it will shut doors.

the idea that americans just can't really figure out how to express their inner individual because they've been so brainwashed with standards of propriety is just a ridiculous 1970s throwback. the radical individualists got their say and we ended up with LA.

no thank you

Ilu will.

Cinders wrote: »

Really?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2014/03/12/neil_degrasse_tyson_s_cosmos_there_was_one_big_problem_with_sunday_s_episode.html

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    also will you did not comment on my school/career plans I am sad

no one commented on my ol' sketchbook either, and that had rudeass titties, so

Oh brilliant
    David Attenborough would also have been acceptable.

This discussion has been closed.