As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i could use the product they are advertising there tho
    Yunker Kotei Eki, Yunkeru Kotei Eki, (Japanese: ユンケル 黄帝液), is a health tonic similar to Lipovitan and produced by the Sato Pharmaceutical Corporation in Japan. It was first produced in 1967, and is widely available at drug stores throughout Japan. Yunker contains Chinese herbal ingredients and caffeine and is marketed to the Japanese workforce to combat fatigue.

poo
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Like oh hey you are an uber powerful Sith Lord and that's awesome but you're on a ship and I want to take over so imma blow it up and you gonna die. Unless some idiot Jedi ho saves your ass.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I made granola on Sunday night

I switched the walnuts for macadamias

and threw in some dried blueberries along with the raisins and craisins

chomp

Mm... granola... I made some recently that was quite nice with honey, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.

Next time, I need to use a bigger pot and not forget the cranberries >.>

工事中
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    i've never had the situation to really need to do anything but i've promised myself up and down i will never be a passive bystander

hope when push comes to shove I'm not

its scary tho

to see a fight in public

i saw one on the 4 train near grand central in the next subway car over

of course this was a fight and not a beat down tho

but it was intense

i mean if someone else hadn't i woulda pushed the button that called the police but

idk that's scary

i don't think i've seen a public fight

well one time a couple of drunk hobos in the park were whaling on each other and carrying on so i called the police

one time i was on a packed T car and some drunk townie started talking shit to some mexican dude he didn't know half the car away from him

called him an al quieda motherfucker

it didn't come to blows though

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I want whatever japanese nootropic those crazy salarymen have invented

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    lrFpd1o.jpg

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    @surrealitycheck have my retarded baby

I am sad to say this made me chuckle

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    The rule of 2 only makes sense when you consider the history of the Sith. They tend to kill each other off and the Jedi so far keep winning if there is a massive Sith verse Jedi war. It makes the darkside seem more insidious and less blatant angry smashing of things. Which is where they work best.

Look at the good Sith bad guys.

Vader, the Emperor(not prequel stuff) and the KoTOR games. Sith are few but win via cunning, deception and tricks more than brute force.

Brute force Sith are boring.

You mean the kotor games where the sith roflstomped the republic and jedi with brute force?

Nah dude that was fake Sith Revan trying to prep the core worlds from the real Sith threat from beyond the rim. Duh.

also it was a whole army of not actually sith fighting the republic army of not jedis

the Sith were just led by the sith

and the jedis have got their grip on the republic

Also being a not Jedi or not Sith didn't automatically make you a bitch. Like there were actual strategies norms could use to kill force users. Sure having the force made you more formidable on average than not having it but you weren't fucking invulnerable.

Yeah. And neither were crazy about numbers. Power over normies was their deal. Both sides.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    I want whatever japanese nootropic those crazy salarymen have invented

they have best little tonics

when i was in japan my friend said we had to have the this one that is turmeric root and stuff before we drank and went to karaoke

http://www.amazon.com/House-Foods-Power-3-4-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B003V37QHI

this shit

supposed to help with hangovers but who the fuck knows but whatever

it feels good mentally to have these little tonics

poo
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I made granola on Sunday night

I switched the walnuts for macadamias

and threw in some dried blueberries along with the raisins and craisins

chomp

Mm... granola... I made some recently that was quite nice with honey, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.

Next time, I need to use a bigger pot and not forget the cranberries >.>

Mine is just a super basic "throw rolled oats + nuts + other ingredients together in a bowl, melt honey and olive oil in pot, pour over bowl mix, mix 'em together until there's good coverage, stick in oven for half an hour and shuffle it every so often to prevent sticking, add fruits when cool"

This new batch is better than a previous one, so that's good

I might try adding some vanilla extract next time though

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i've never had the situation to really need to do anything but i've promised myself up and down i will never be a passive bystander

its scary tho

to see a fight in public

but it was intense

i mean if someone else hadn't i woulda pushed the button that called the police but

idk that's scary

well one time a couple of drunk hobos in the park were whaling on each other and carrying on so i called the police

one time i was on a packed T car and some drunk townie started talking shit to some mexican dude he didn't know half the car away from him

When I was in high school, during morning assembly, some kid grabbed the dude right next to me and started slamming his face into the floor

There were no teachers around for some reason

The dude just did this for 5 minutes, maybe more, maybe less

The whole room (500+ people) just kind of watched

The other kid got up, blood running down his face

Said, you just made a big fucking mistake and walked out

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    @ronya‌

So what were you getting at with that Foundation quote pages ago?

I couldn't figure out how to differ between two completely different tacks you might have been taking with it.

@kedinik‌

nothing, really. Someone mentioned Foundation, so I posted my favourite Foundation excerpt. I would've added Intelligent Commentary (ha, no) but the thread had moved on already and I didn't want to drag it back

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Seeing ronya-tan idiomatically use "go down on her" has changed my life.

• Options
    What I like about the jedi and the sith, like with so much other star wars stuff, isn't so much as they're actually presented as the interpretations I can make

the sith code is awesome and it makes them something more than just we're evil because we're evil hmnaaah

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

but it's the code for sith. The force shall free me. Not the normies I will rule over with an iron fist - because of course I will, because through power I gain victory and there ain't no power like having an empire.

The Jedi's reason for wielding the power and influence they do is also nicely justifiable through their code.

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
    Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
    Jedi respect all life, in any form.
    Jedi serve others, rather than rule over them, for the good of the galaxy.
    Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training

So they haven't overthrown the senate. But they've got their fingers in a lot of the republic and doesn't really interpret serving others to mean following the orders of others. Just acting in the best interests of others as decided by the jedi order. Which I like.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Like, no one could even process that in the moment

Also, this was pre-cell phone, for the most

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Seeing ronya-tan idiomatically use "go down on her" has changed my life.

I confess to struggling a little bit for what cheeseburger could be a bait for

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure that my boobs continue to grow bigger in order to spite me.

• Options
    so fucking cute

http://youtu.be/ZlfIVEy_YOA
    Reaching back across 13.8 billion years to the first sliver of cosmic time with telescopes at the South Pole, a team of astronomers led by John M. Kovac of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics detected ripples in the fabric of space-time -- so-called gravitational waves -- the signature of a universe being wrenched violently apart when it was roughly a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second old.
    Confirming inflation would mean that the universe we see, extending 14 billion light-years in space with its hundreds of billions of galaxies, is only an infinitesimal patch in a larger cosmos whose extent, architecture and fate are unknowable. Moreover, beyond our own universe there might be an endless number of other universes bubbling into frothy eternity, like a pot of pasta water boiling over.

@arch @Shivahn‌ @surrealitycheck‌

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Vanguard wrote: »

its scary tho

to see a fight in public

but it was intense

idk that's scary

When I was in high school, during morning assembly, some kid grabbed the dude right next to me and started slamming his face into the floor

yeah i mean

i don't want to be the guy who stood around while some guy killed or maimed another guy

but on the other hand i don't want to get in the middle of a couple of bums or townies or bros having it out

i've interceded in a situation where a dude was pushing around his girlfriend and then she got up in his face and then started in on me and it was just awful

i guess i just don't know

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Inflation is a bit of a mind-bender, I’ll admit. It started just about 10^35 or so seconds after the bang. To give you a better idea of how short a time interval that is, we’re talking 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds! And it only lasted until about 10^32 or so seconds later, so it was incredibly brief by human standards. But in such fleeting moments are Universes forged.

During that period, for reasons that are still not clear, the Universe underwent a kind of hyperexpansion. Instead of simply cruising along, getting bigger with time as it does now, the expansion accelerated. Hugely. Hugely hugely. Some models show it increased in size by a factor of 10^50 (some say even more)—that’s 10 trillion trillion trillion trillion times bigger, all in a time frame so small that analogies fail me.
    Until now, inflation was a great idea—a critical one to understand the evolution of the Universe from the very first moment after its birth to the huge structures and details we see today—with no direct evidence. Now we have direct evidence.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

I thought this was part of the plan

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote: »

The plan did not include getting large enough that back pain could become an issue.

• Options

its scary tho

to see a fight in public

but it was intense

idk that's scary

yeah i mean

i don't want to be the guy who stood around while some guy killed or maimed another guy

but on the other hand i don't want to get in the middle of a couple of bums or townies or bros having it out

i've interceded in a situation where a dude was pushing around his girlfriend and then she got up in his face and then started in on me and it was just awful

As someone who has been on the losing end of bar fights

Fuck getting involved

Call the police or mind your own business

• Options
    life-is-awesome-9.jpg?w=920&h=602

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

The plan did not include getting large enough that back pain could become an issue.

yikes

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    I witnessed a fight at hulen

a stranger bumped into another and they got heated and they flew at each other then we broke it up and then they calmed down then one put his arm around the other and said let's go have a smoke

this all took 30 seconds

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    that picture by the way is from Edinburgh

@Ravenhpltc24 in case you feel like going for a walk

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

yikes

Well, it's not to that point yet.

But I've only been on a full dose of hormones for 3ish months now and they just keep growing. Like fast. And you normally see some degree of changes in that department for 1-2 years...

• Options
    i also saw a fight outside my window in the summer

some ppl started even throwing glass bottles from the recycling at the other guys

also this is 1 block from the police station and then the cops came in a few minutes and some of them tried to drive away

which is not a good move

when cops are there

poo
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Well Cinders, time to start deadlifting.

• Options

yikes

Well, it's not to that point yet.

But I've only been on a full dose of hormones for 3ish months now and they just keep growing. Like fast. And you normally see some degree of changes in that department for 1-2 years...

i imagine tons of people would be real envious of you

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

its scary tho

to see a fight in public

but it was intense

idk that's scary

yeah i mean

As someone who has been on the losing end of bar fights

Fuck getting involved

Call the police or mind your own business

Getting your nose broken sucks.

• Options
    Like I'm pretty sure the bras that I bought two weeks ago are now a cup size too small.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I made it to five miles today! My calves feel like tightly wound bowstrings! I am basically usain bolt now

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Also, I am sitting at poem 28 or 29/50

Once this round of edits is done, time to submit the good ones

Probably another round of edits, then sequencing

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I made it to five miles today! My calves feel like tightly wound bowstrings! I am basically usain bolt now

Five miles straight?
    No breaks, no walking?

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

Five miles straight?
    No breaks, no walking?

Someone carried her for the last two miles, but to be fair, they were running

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Five miles straight?
    No breaks, no walking?

No I cheated and stopped in a Taco Bell to taco up for added fart propelling power

(Yes)

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
This discussion has been closed.