As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I feel like there are more chatters than usual all mirin' a lady from afar and not saying anything to them at the moment.

GO ASK DAT LADY OUT YA NERDS.

dont taint the platonic goodness of this idol with the brute carnality of flesh

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I feel like there are more chatters than usual all mirin' a lady from afar and not saying anything to them at the moment.

Maybe it'll work out and you'll get to have incredible sex all the time for nearly 20 years.

Like I do.

Spool, from this point out you have 3 strikes. Three. Any TMI post about you and @Belasco32 between now and Pax will count as a strike. If you get to three, I take a double dose of klonopin for the dinner, assuring that there are absolutely zero fucks for me left to give. I will have prepared a list of 10 questions regarding the most intimate facets of your sex life, and I will ask them an octave too loud at the table, addressing you, but staring into our Server's eyes.

*clears throat*
    *pokes head out of the Penny Arcade Band Room.
    *pushes up the bridge of nerd glasses*
    Actually, volume isn't measured in octaves.

attractiveness isn't measured in BAC but that's how you get your wife to fuck you
    Elendil wrote: »
    deeb that's sexual harassment and you don't have to take it

Elendil's right!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    sore from the gym yesterday but all happy because I went. with 3 friends too, a group big enough that no matter what we should be able to find someone to work out with on any given day.

gotta go again in an hour ish. it's gonna suck but even if I literally just sit on the floor I need to enter that building on consecutive days again. been like 6 months of just getting softer and grosser.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    i'm in a love triangle with a ringtone and a call girl

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    i am so

god damn

depressed

:[

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Just tripped and hit the weights with m'foot, got a nasty gash

right on the meats

ffffffffUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    i'm in a love triangle with a ringtone and a call girl

one costs you $1.99 and the other will be an embarrassing memory 5 years from now. I'll let you decide which

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Boss asks me how my morning's going. I tell him that it's going great and that I had a really refreshing mango greek yogurt for breakfast. He called me a pussy. We laffed. It still hurt*.
    fak u @gooey and the chobani club. it is you who are the real pussies.

*not really

i am enjoying a nice chobani mango right now

and i didnt even have to plant a mango tree or squeeze an udder

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Last night my mum was talking about the kids she teaches. They asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. Everyone said shit like Fireman, Nurse, Police Officer.

The one autistic kid?
    Unicorn.

Accroche-toi à ton rêve
    Accroche-toi à ton rêve
    Quand tu vois ton bateau partir
    Quand tu sens ton coeur se briser
    Accroches-toi à ton rêve.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

dont taint the platonic goodness of this idol with the brute carnality of flesh

but what if that's what she's into

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    http://i.imgur.com/Bt3qlPZ.gif

i wish this was my life

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Gooey wrote: »
    Boss asks me how my morning's going. I tell him that it's going great and that I had a really refreshing mango greek yogurt for breakfast. He called me a pussy. We laffed. It still hurt*.

*not really

you are failing your pioneer/ vaquero heritage

#notruetexan

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Mobile drafts are literally Hitler.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Last night my mum was talking about the kids she teaches. They asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. Everyone said shit like Fireman, Nurse, Police Officer.

The one autistic kid?
    Unicorn.

Accroche-toi à ton rêve
    Accroche-toi à ton rêve

I kinda understood the 3rd and 4th lines!

it'shappening.gif

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    @‌cinders
    Let's listen to bruno mars and drink wine out the bottle.
    #5ever5ingle

I was raised by a single father?

That explains so god damn much.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    you probably didn't even win that chobani in a poker game

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

*not really

i had one at like 1am or 2am
    i shoulda had another now

i finished my work at 430am and was just mad at myself because it was soemthing that took me literally like 2 hours to do
    and i got home at 7pm to do it
    and my internet came back before 9pm

(then by the time i was in bed and with lights off it was 5am cuz i was like fk dis i need a wank)

mehhh

3.5 hrs of sleep

slept 5 night before

mrehh

poo
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    But um yes the next time I am with this girl I am asking her out and you nerds can hold me to that.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Mobile drafts are literally Hitler.

they are p bad.

But honestly, more of a 2-3 picoHitler quantity of hitler.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    cool tav

cool

poo
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    my problem with asking girls out is how often do you actually get them alone in an elevator with you

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Chris Benoit and it led me to look up the eventual fates of a few wrestlers I'd heard of. What happened to them was wheelchairs and chronic health issues, mostly.

Sorry, had someone sitting with me here.

Benoit was...bad. To put it bluntly. Excessive head trauma (some attribute it to the flying headbutts he was known for as well as other things). From what I understand, at the time of his death they studied his brain and found it to be in something of the range of someone about double his age I believe. It really caused a lot of change in wrestling after what happened (no more chair shots to the head, banning of certain dangerous moves with a penchant for neck/head impacts). The only move from that time still in use today is the Tombstone piledriver which is only used by two people in WWE, The Undertaker and on occasion Kane will pull it out.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    finley woke me up every half hour last night when he decided he needed to tunnel under the covers

and then five minutes after when he decided it was too hot under there

he walks up to the head of the bed, spins around, jams his nose sort of under the covers and pushes. this usually means it strips all the covers down to the middle of the bed.

the only saving grace is that his flight plan, when he goes in, has him rotating counter-clockwise, which means he steps all over frankie's head instead of mine.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    my problem with asking girls out is

well, trying opens the possibility of failing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    @syndalis I signaled you yesterday on a problem my wife was having. I wondered if you had any insight. Deebaser had some advice but I wanted to see what you thought. If you don't mind.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The way other people's pets keep them awake and wreck their house is adorable.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Chris Benoit and it led me to look up the eventual fates of a few wrestlers I'd heard of. What happened to them was wheelchairs and chronic health issues, mostly.

Sorry, had someone sitting with me here.

Benoit was...bad. To put it bluntly. Excessive head trauma (some attribute it to the flying headbutts he was known for as well as other things). From what I understand, at the time of his death they studied his brain and found it to be in something of the range of someone about double his age I believe. It really caused a lot of change in wrestling after what happened (no more chair shots to the head, banning of certain dangerous moves with a penchant for neck/head impacts). The only move from that time still in use today is the Tombstone piledriver which is only used by two people in WWE, The Undertaker and on occasion Kane will pull it out.

Yeah I assume this is why Punk wasnt allowed to use the Pepsi Plunge as his finisher (top rope pedigree) when he joined up.

I always find the Benoit story to be tragic in that no one has vocally used it as a warning of the danger of head impacts. Its just that he is a monster and can never be spoken of again.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

The one autistic kid?
    Unicorn.

Accroche-toi à ton rêve
    Accroche-toi à ton rêve

I kinda understood the 3rd and 4th lines!

it'shappening.gif

If you want, I could talk french with you sometimes...

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    @‌cinders
    Let's listen to bruno mars and drink wine out the bottle.
    #5ever5ingle

I do like wine from the bottle...

• Options
    one of my schnauzers is a blanket miner too. He will growl at my head until I wake up and let him under. He then roots around and goes to sleep.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    my problem with asking girls out is

well, trying opens the possibility of failing

oh I didn't realize you were a coward

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    walking a couple miles with five sacks of groceries and a case of drinks

is

ow

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

is

ow

Sounds like good exercise though.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    one of my schnauzers is a blanket miner too. He will growl at my head until I wake up and let him under. He then roots around and goes to sleep.

D'aww

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    What's the worst that could happen if you ask a girl out? That she does a double take, her hand flies up to her mouth in a reflexive attempt to halt the retching, passers-by stop and stare and her distress and your beaten-spaniel-like expression of pleading? Then she collapses, and you reach out only to find she's not retching, she's laughing. And now she's pointing at you. And all the strangers, who by now have formed a ring, are pointing at you and laughing as well. And now your mom is in the crowd, laughing and pointing. And Mr. Whipsnade, your fifth grade PE teacher, who made you do the lesson in your underwear when you forgot your kit.

Now Mr. Whipsnade is making you run round the entire town in your underwear, screaming abuse at you the whole time. Everyone is laughing. Forever.

All because you asked a girl out. What were you thinking?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @syndalis @deebaser @Feral‌
    Guys my wife is having a problem with a thing at work and I do not know Excel or database stuff because I am dumb. Can you answer this possibly?
    Our department has around 160 spreadsheets uploaded to various directories on sharepoint - more are added sporadically as new projects come through each month. Each spreadsheet is updated by users at various times in the month.

There are column names going from A to AA. The column types are varied; dates, dollar amounts, a comments field, y/n field, etc. Several of the columns contain formulas. Each spreadsheet is populated with a varying number of rows. Some have only 1 row, a few have as many as 5k, but the average is probably under 200 rows.

I need to be able to pull the rows with data in them from all 160(ish) spreadsheets in to one source so that reports can be created based on the most up to date data. I’m limited to using excel and access. The varying number of rows makes excel problematic, at least with what I know about excel. I don’t have much experience doing linked tables in access so I’m not sure if that could even work with the large number of sources.

What would be the best way to combine the data in to one source?

Ok, I can totes help with this, but I do need some basic questions answered.

1) Is the data expected to be "live" in that if someone updates a spreadsheet, a quick and easy report needs to be generated across all 160 with said updated data?

2) are the 160 spreadsheets in static locations that can all be easily referenced over the network by a single account?

3a) Is there any need to relate these tables to each other in a one-to-many fashion? Like, for instance
    --- Spreadsheet A has a listing of all clients, and further info regarding the client
    ----Spreadsheets B-C have a column for the client name, and then individual contracts for said client(s)
    ----Spreadsheet D has a completely different set of info that relates to the client, but is not contract related per se... like expenses.
    And you would need a report with the sum of contract info per client along with relevant expenses?

3b) id 3a is true, are the client names spelled / typed exactly the same on all spreadsheets enough that they could be used as a key?

If all of this is true, you can link a shitload of excel spreadsheets in access, set up a quick and dirty schema to relate these spreadsheets, use the query wizard to build you SQL in a GUI like a mini-boss, and then tie the query to a report.

As spreadsheets are updated by other staffers, all you would need to do is open access, run the report, and print it while doing a sick backflip or something because people will think you are a goddamned wizard. Tell them it took you hours, even though it takes you 1-2 minutes.

@Ludious‌

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

is

ow

was there a lady to impress or did you just feel like a workout?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Game releases are the worst.

No games in the summer because you have some free time! haha suck it!

Yay, I have some free time in the spring because of reasons, maybe there will be games to play?

NOPE.jpg

But everything will come out the exact time you start class up again in March.

I want to play Castlevania, I want to play Dark Souls 2, I want to play Infamous 3.

Fuck this gay earth.

• Options

is

ow

crossfit for working moms

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jeez is my brain gonna work today i sure hope so

so then on subway this morning i was reading that book abt procrastination
    and dude made an analogy

and i was like holy shit whoaaaaa

he was like
    A) imagine you're there and you got a big footwide plank 30 ft long
    and you gotta walk across it, that is your task
    maybe you're a bit resentful of having to do such a simple task so you put it off a little, but no big deal, is easy for you

B ) and then imagine the plank is 100 feet up in the air and you have to cross it
    and you're like shit cuz you're afraid of failing and falling, and dying, and etc

C) and then you realize building behind you is on fire, so you just force yourself to scoot across the plank however you can even if it is ugly and messy but you do it

and it's like
    crossing the plank is a task
    mentally raising it up 100 ft high and conflating failure at that task with failure as a human / as a test of your self-worth / fear of being judged, losing job, being embarassed etc, when it's just a simple task

and then you are paralyze by stress and fear and adreneline because you're conflating it with your survival / self-worth etc

and then the fire is the actual fear of real things, like a deadline / actually not completing a thing vs. your imagined fears, and you've forced yourself into that situation and so you then have to have to do it
    even if you do it sloppily but you will get it done
    and then mentally you reward yourself because you did get it done, and you shielded yourself from judgement in a way because you can think to yourself, well, if i am judged on the quality of this or something then it's because i know i wasn't putting in a good effort / working with little time... which is a situation you created for yourself

and i was like

holy fkn shit

wot

this is like exactly what is going on in my head

but wow understanding it idk crazy
    which will make it easier to address and fix

@Organichu‌ @desc @skippydumptruck‌

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
This discussion has been closed.