As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Chris Benoit and it led me to look up the eventual fates of a few wrestlers I'd heard of. What happened to them was wheelchairs and chronic health issues, mostly.

Sorry, had someone sitting with me here.

Benoit was...bad. To put it bluntly. Excessive head trauma (some attribute it to the flying headbutts he was known for as well as other things). From what I understand, at the time of his death they studied his brain and found it to be in something of the range of someone about double his age I believe. It really caused a lot of change in wrestling after what happened (no more chair shots to the head, banning of certain dangerous moves with a penchant for neck/head impacts). The only move from that time still in use today is the Tombstone piledriver which is only used by two people in WWE, The Undertaker and on occasion Kane will pull it out.

Yeah I assume this is why Punk wasnt allowed to use the Pepsi Plunge as his finisher (top rope pedigree) when he joined up.

I always find the Benoit story to be tragic in that no one has vocally used it as a warning of the danger of head impacts. Its just that he is a monster and can never be spoken of again.

Oh shit

I know who that is

From one of my brief periods of wrestling knowledge

That is sad : (

fuck gendered marketing
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Couldn't sleep until 3ish and I've been making a fool of myself since I woke up.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    i bet 3b) is where that scheme fails

aRkpc.gif
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Someone mentioned Chris Benoit and it led me to look up the eventual fates of a few wrestlers I'd heard of. What happened to them was wheelchairs and chronic health issues, mostly.

Sorry, had someone sitting with me here.

Benoit was...bad. To put it bluntly. Excessive head trauma (some attribute it to the flying headbutts he was known for as well as other things). From what I understand, at the time of his death they studied his brain and found it to be in something of the range of someone about double his age I believe. It really caused a lot of change in wrestling after what happened (no more chair shots to the head, banning of certain dangerous moves with a penchant for neck/head impacts). The only move from that time still in use today is the Tombstone piledriver which is only used by two people in WWE, The Undertaker and on occasion Kane will pull it out.

Yeah I assume this is why Punk wasnt allowed to use the Pepsi Plunge as his finisher (top rope pedigree) when he joined up.

I always find the Benoit story to be tragic in that no one has vocally used it as a warning of the danger of head impacts. Its just that he is a monster and can never be spoken of again.

That and Punk's knee was pretty messed up from it's use back in RoH. It's one of the reasons he had to undergo surgery for it last year.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    walking a couple miles with five sacks of groceries and a case of drinks

is

ow

was there a lady to impress or did you just feel like a workout?

I needed groceries and I can't drive anymore because I can't see.

And I had a lot of groceries to catch up on since this was the first nice day in a few days.

In retrospect I probably should have done it in two trips.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    What's the worst that could happen if you ask a girl out? That she does a double take, her hand flies up to her mouth in a reflexive attempt to halt the retching, passers-by stop and stare and her distress and your beaten-spaniel-like expression of pleading? Then she collapses, and you reach out only to find she's not retching, she's laughing. And now she's pointing at you. And all the strangers, who by now have formed a ring, are pointing at you and laughing as well. And now your mom is in the crowd, laughing and pointing. And Mr. Whipsnade, your fifth grade PE teacher, who made you do the lesson in your underwear when you forgot your kit.

Now Mr. Whipsnade is making you run round the entire town in your underwear, screaming abuse at you the whole time. Everyone is laughing. Forever.

All because you asked a girl out. What were you thinking?

You forgot physical violence

fuck gendered marketing
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I've been meaning to play Bully. Just bought it for Xbox, 'cause it's on sale.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    AND ALSO JACOBKOSH WAS A REAL MAN

aRkpc.gif
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    one of my schnauzers is a blanket miner too. He will growl at my head until I wake up and let him under. He then roots around and goes to sleep.

My beagle does this like clockwork. 5:30am every morning she'll move from the foot of the bed, laying behind my wife's legs and paw at the blanket until I lift it up for her to get under. Then she moves down, circles a few times then curls up normally in front of or behind my knees depending on how I'm sleeping.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    edited March 2014
    "Excuse me, but I've been trying to drink some water with my meal, and your water cups have holes in the bottom of them."
    "I'm... sorry?", *deadpan stare*
    "Uh, ok, I just figured you might want to know so you could do something about it."

Still no usable cups! Gawd.

kedinik on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    my problem with asking girls out is

well, trying opens the possibility of failing

oh I didn't realize you were a coward

I'm not I'm just lazy.

ftOqU21.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh shit I made the most delicious and unhealthy rice and beans ever last night.

Seasoned up real nice... made some bacon to crumble up in there and then I chopped up some smoked sausage, fried it in the bacon grease and mixed it in.

It's so god damn good.

ronya wrote: »
    AND ALSO JACOBKOSH WAS A REAL MAN

Gamble a stamp.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    What's the worst that could happen if you ask a girl out? That she does a double take, her hand flies up to her mouth in a reflexive attempt to halt the retching, passers-by stop and stare and her distress and your beaten-spaniel-like expression of pleading? Then she collapses, and you reach out only to find she's not retching, she's laughing. And now she's pointing at you. And all the strangers, who by now have formed a ring, are pointing at you and laughing as well. And now your mom is in the crowd, laughing and pointing. And Mr. Whipsnade, your fifth grade PE teacher, who made you do the lesson in your underwear when you forgot your kit.

Now Mr. Whipsnade is making you run round the entire town in your underwear, screaming abuse at you the whole time. Everyone is laughing. Forever.

All because you asked a girl out. What were you thinking?

You forgot physical violence

i was thinking about this and logically

if you ask a girl out and it turns out shes gay thats the best possible negative outcome because it doesnt imply rejection

qed lesbians come out ahead again

obF2Wuw.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    tbh I just go with online grocery shopping if I'm carless

maybe ride to lidl if I only need a couple of things

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    This is your (all of youse) daily reminder to purchase and play Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall as soon as possible.

It is a terrific RPG with some very good character writing and - pleasingly - a strong sense of atmosphere. I don't often feel afraid in a game where I control little mans from an isometric point of view, but I did here.

rRwz9.gif
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    This is your (all of youse) daily reminder to purchase and play Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall as soon as possible.

It is a terrific RPG with some very good character writing and - pleasingly - a strong sense of atmosphere. I don't often feel afraid in a game where I control little mans from an isometric point of view, but I did here.

I still have to finish the main game

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Is the new Shadowrun game like the oldschool DnD games (PS:T, BG, etc.) with the semi-real time combat and all that jazz?

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2014

Seasoned up real nice... made some bacon to crumble up in there and then I chopped up some smoked sausage, fried it in the bacon grease and mixed it in.

It's so god damn good.

yes this is the right way to do up beans and rice

did you start with a mirepoix or sofrito or trinity or something? that is good too

@Abdhyius‌

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

Is the new Shadowrun game like the oldschool DnD games (PS:T, BG, etc.) with the semi-real time combat and all that jazz?
    Fully turn based tactics.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i bought shadowrun returns for my bro
    but not for me

poo
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

It's so god damn good.

yes this is the right way to do up beans and rice

did you start with a mirepoix or sofrito or something? that is good too

@Abdhyius‌

If I have the luxury of choosing there are plenty of other things I'd rather have as the base than beans and rice

ftOqU21.png

I had assumed that all of the Shadowrun games were fps.

Oops.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

Oops.

*eye twitch*

No, it's turn-based tactical combat, like the old Fallout games, Jagged Alliance, or XCOM.

rRwz9.gif
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

@elki bought it for me i think and i played it right up until the final battle. my mans got killed a couple of times and then it was bedtime and i haven't gotten back to it

Wqdwp8l.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

xcom style you have your turn and move everyone on your side in any order, end turn and all enemies move, repeat

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    The idea of being rejected by one person is far more crippling than the idea of a crowd mocking me.

Yay being a comedian.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Heh heh

Don't see any signs up for that scrub Reed Richards do you

B)

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I need to pick up some allergy medicine today
    My sinii. sinuses. sineese.
    they flaring up like spring is here motherfuccckeerrrr

Bless your heart.
    edited March 2014
    Ludious wrote: »
    one of my schnauzers is a blanket miner too. He will growl at my head until I wake up and let him under. He then roots around and goes to sleep.

My beagle does this like clockwork. 5:30am every morning she'll move from the foot of the bed, laying behind my wife's legs and paw at the blanket until I lift it up for her to get under. Then she moves down, circles a few times then curls up normally in front of or behind my knees depending on how I'm sleeping.

My dachshund mix is kind of like this.

He likes to sit in his circle bed out in the living room, bundled up in blankets and glowering at drunk undergrad passers by.

Somewhere between 3 and 5 am, he trots into the bedroom and I'll let up the covers so he can fall asleep at my feet.

kedinik on
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    wait shadowrun isn't an fps franchise?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Zampanov wrote: »

I still have to finish the main game

I liked the main game a lot but this is next level shiz

longer, meatier, deeper

um

other penis things

rRwz9.gif
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    wait shadowrun isn't an fps franchise?

There was only one FPS Shadowrun game.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I want to play Shadowrun. I bought it and never even installed it, because I want to first finish Far Cry 3. And Bastion, but that's a super short game.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    TL DR wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »

Oops.

*eye twitch*

I only ever saw ads for the 2007 game!

And the promo poster for the DLC to Shadowrun Returns looks like a bunch of similar fps characters standing around, waiting for you to select one of them!

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    walking a couple miles with five sacks of groceries and a case of drinks

is

ow

~ * swole patrol shopping achievement award * ~

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Heh heh

Don't see any signs up for that scrub Reed Richards do you

B)

been playin some jedi academy eh

obF2Wuw.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    my problem with asking girls out is

well, trying opens the possibility of failing

oh I didn't realize you were a coward

I'm not I'm just lazy.

i was just teasing. my wife asked me out because i was a clueless teenager so i don't have much ground to stand on anyways.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
This discussion has been closed.