As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Greeper wrote: »
    Anybody watching this Bates Motel shit?

It's not exactly GOOD, but I'm oddly mesmerized.

That's kinda the vibe i get from it.

Like, not enjoyable, but more a nauseating trainwreck in slow motion.

The foregone conclusion, that leads up to Psycho, give it a kind of absurd ultra-bleakness that isn't quite established by the tone of the show, which almost has a casual approach to its own obscenity.

It's very... strange. It's strange.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    This shit is why when my job ends I am going to be working at Geek Squad. The world went and got itself in a big goddamned hurry and I'm just sitting here installing patches and making backups.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i ordered a t-shirt from a small record label

they sent me the wrong size

emailed them and after two weeks they said they'd send me out the right size and a prepaid envelope to sent back the wrong sized one

yeah they only send me out the shirt

going to email them and ask what's up, but i ain't paying out of pocket to send this thing back

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2014
    Irond Will wrote: »
    like, it tastes and feels almost just like potato but it's only 120 calories per pound.

you could pretty much starve to death on a celeriac diet

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

@surrealitycheck‌

u should try them.

they aren't exactly like potato - they are a little more fibrous and have a sharp celery flavor when raw that fades to kind of a sweetness with a hint of celery when cooked. a little like, say, a turnip maybe.

they seriously have very little calories tho. i know that you have scurvy to save you from weight gain, but they're a real smart tip for the rest of us and are quite tasty.

IMG_5946.JPG

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    @‌skippydumptruck

psssttt.
    someone put a hidden camera in your bathroom
    http://i.imgur.com/eK0jZ9F.gif

looking good chief

Bless your heart.
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Wait do people actually care about college GPA anywhere in a job interview? Its the kind of thing I'd internally laugh at if brought up repeatedly in an interview

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    like, it tastes and feels almost just like potato but it's only 120 calories per pound.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

@surrealitycheck‌

u should try them.

they aren't exactly like potato - they are a little more fibrous and have a sharp celery flavor when raw that fades to kind of a sweetness with a hint of celery when cooked. a little like, say, a turnip maybe.

they seriously have very little calories tho. i know that you have scurvy to save you from weight gain, but they're a real smart tip for the rest of us and are quite tasty.

ok that was clever

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Crimea's not looking so good.

Putin's insane foreign policy is not looking so good.

It seems like he's scorching the earth to secure his domestic political power base.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.

@surrealitycheck‌

u should try them.

they seriously have very little calories tho.

So they're celery

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Wait do people actually care about college GPA anywhere in a job interview? Its the kind of thing I'd internally laugh at if brought up repeatedly in an interview

I never put it on my resume yet it came up in every interview I did. Most of the time I was chided afterwards for not putting it on my resume since it was "a big deal" to them and could have hurt my chances had it not come up in the interview.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2014
    ronya wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    @Ludious I will go a step further:

I am assuming the person made some spreadsheet templates and starts a new spreadsheet for each unit of work, be it a client or a contract or whatever. Probably drops that spreadsheet in is own folder on the public drive or in sharepoint.

Pro tier would be making a table that is the top level unit (client, contract), and have one row for what used to represent each spreadsheet. Put whatever important information that is that top level as a column on this table (who is responsible for the unit of work, project start date, client contact info, etc). And most importantly, set up an AutoNumber field, right click it and say "Primary Key"

Now, make a new table, that used to represent the rows of each individual spreadsheet. The only difference being that the first column should be called unitID or clientID or projectID, and should be a number field. then put every other column from the old spreadsheets here.

Now, set up a form for the top level table, and put a few clients/unit in there.

Now, set up a form for the row-based data, and make the unitID field a dropdown/autocomplete field that has to match an entry from the top level table. You have now "related" the data to the client, which will allow you to have two tables that does the lifting for an infinite number of spreadsheets in the old system.

Whenever you want a classic "client" spreadsheet, you can go into queries, link the two tables by unitID, and drag the fields you are interested in to the bottom area, with the unitID number as the filter by option in the unitID field.

bethryn is right

the perverse reality is that the skill level of data entry peons is much, much lower than the skill level of People Charged With Assembling Key Reports, so it is easier to ask the latter to adapt than the former

I get that.

Which is why, for an incredibly small investment, someone could build a quick and dirty user interface over what I just described, drop the data side (mdb) on the server, and make a pretty little icon that the end user clicks on their desktop (an MDE file) that just acts as the client for data entry.

You could even make the damn thing look and act like the excel spreadsheet they are used to, only you select your client / unit before going into the spreadsheet as opposed to navigating to the file.

Like, it could be so much simpler for everyone at all levels.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »
    @Irond Will‌ celery picked up an Xbox One.

awesome. i have tribia tonight but might have time before i go after i get back.

might be a little late tho

does cel still have the same gamertag he did?

Yeah.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    kedinik wrote: »

It seems like he's scorching the earth to secure his domestic political power base.

Its not that I'm saying the West should assassinate him.

But if a piece of metal were to somehow find itself traveling at a high velocity and could maybe pierce his brain stem, then you know it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    ugh

half an hour until Mondo prints should drop

I'm dying squirtle

Going for the Hidden Fortress ones?

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

@surrealitycheck‌

u should try them.

they seriously have very little calories tho.

So they're celery

i mean i guess so? they're the root bulb of a specially-bred celery cultivar.

their advantage is that they have the structure and mouthfeel and flavor and culinary properties of a starchy root vegetable but almost no actual starch.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

But if a piece of metal were to somehow find itself traveling at a high velocity and could maybe pierce his brain stem, then you know it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Radiation poisoning would be more poetic.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    When I was in my 20s we used to play the n64 wrestling games all the time.

Had about 20 local friends who all had created wrestlers on the system, and we would run our own shows, complete with swapping teams, betrayals, last minute victories, title matches, matching tag team costumes... the whole thing.

We pretty much overwrote the entire roster with our creations, too... left a few but it was our federation by the time it was over.

Those games were the best party games ever.

WWF No Mercy is the greatest wrestling game ever made.

Only flaw was the erase all progress glitch that happened randomly

Still worth it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

It's an indicator of whether you are a worker or a bumbling fuck-up.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

I was under the impression that it only mattered for trying to get into masters, which i didn't plan on applying to till now

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k

Have you ever heard of Franz Ferdinand?

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

It's an indicator of whether you are a worker or a bumbling fuck-up.

it really only matters for your first job fresh out of college.

After that seriously nobody gives a fuck and if you are still referencing and highlighting your GPA on your CV 10 years later they are going to look at you funny.

SW-4158-3990-6116

for new college grad hires it's considered. i don't think after a job or two anyone pays much attention.

i guess having something like "summa cum laude" or so forth probably could stick around on a resume for a while.

Wqdwp8l.png
    Obviously my view is a bit skewed since I was looking at graduate positions, but there's a lot of places here that require a certain GPA to even get into the interview process.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    ugh

half an hour until Mondo prints should drop

I'm dying squirtle

Going for the Hidden Fortress ones?

Yeah

Hidden Fortress was the first Kurosawa movie my dad showed me when I was a teenager

his birthday is in a few weeks and it would be nice to give it to him

i guess having something like "summa cum laude" or so forth probably could stick around on a resume for a while.

Yeah, this.

Mentioning Valedictorian, Summa cum Laude, etc. can stick around forever.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Yeah, what deebs said.

How well you do in undergrad is a decent proxy for whether or not you consistently work hard at a decent level of quality.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

I remember asking this to people in high school when i tried to introduce new music to them

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k

Political assassination is like patty cake in Russia. I mean what are they going to do, start invading their European neighbors?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

New album is pretty good but not a patch on the first.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Putin enjoyed the bit of the speech where he basically pointed to the middle east and said hey look you guys had your fun now let me wet my beak a little.

I sat on a bench eating chips while Franz Ferdinand played about 100 metres from me last August. I turned around to try and minimize the frustration and eat my chips in peace.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    oh my godddd will is a liar

I hate celery

I made a giant winter stew once with a ton of root veggies and the main one was celery root

while I was cutting it I was like HMM THIS SURE DOES SMELL LIKE CELERY BUT

shockingly when I tasted the stew it was full of celery flavored tuber

FAK U WLIAM U R LYE

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Putin enjoyed the bit of the speech where he basically pointed to the middle east and said hey look you guys had your fun now let me wet my beak a little.
    We didn't annex anything in the Middle East and planned to leave while allowing them to still hate us and elect politicians who hate us.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZGcw9HHOkU

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited March 2014
    This was an interesting article about why Russians ostensibly tend to like the idea of annexing Crimea: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26610276

Evidently it used to be a premium vacation resort for Russians.

All that I had known, historically, was that Crimean horse lords had rampaged wherever they liked up until guns started to matter more than horses.

kedinik on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    This powercut was preceded by exciting light flashing. Possibly it's an electricity ghost.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Bogart wrote: »

He likewise enjoyed arguing that he's only relying on the same principles in Crimea as the West did with Kosovo, I think.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    label dude digs my track

*fingers crossed*

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.