As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

15455575960101

Posts

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Google announced its wearable platform, says news.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    if you buy a money clip does it come with money

    I'm basically interested in ways to obtain money at this point

    Where, uh, where can I find money?

    I know an alley where you can close your eyes, suck on a hose and cash appeears in your pocket.

    Lud, even in this desperate state, you can't afford me.

  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Fraiser is awesome
    The episode where Niles has his epic falling out by cutting himself setting shit on fire fainting and all was one of the greatest scenes in the history of men

    Bless your heart.
    spool32
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    if you buy a money clip does it come with money

    I'm basically interested in ways to obtain money at this point

    Where, uh, where can I find money?

    I know an alley where you can close your eyes, suck on a hose and cash appeears in your pocket.

    Lud, even in this desperate state, you can't afford me.

    you can always become a small suburban pot dealer.

    Just make sure things don't spiral too far out of control and you end up destroying your town and the only reason people enjoyed watching your antics.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i definitely need to find some sort of wallet solution

    there isn't room in my pants for both my thick wallet and my thick cock

    PodlyWinky
  • AtomikaAtomika Cinema Vampire (alleged) Trans 🏳️‍⚧️ SylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    PantsB wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Some creepy Munchhausen's crap going on there.

    That's not what that means
    Munchhausen's-by-proxy: a relatively rare form of child abuse that involves the exaggeration or fabrication of illnesses or symptoms by a primary caretaker.

    Typically, the cause is a need for attention and sympathy from doctors, nurses, and other professionals.

    Atomika on
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Not had any meat in a while. Maybe a week? Arms feel feeble.

    skippydumptruck
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Google announced its wearable platform, says news.

    I want it to be like four years in the future so wearable tech isn't absolute shit.

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Basically, data siloing in Excel is a cyclical problem of management either not paying attention to, or not wanting to spend money on, how their departments are using technology.

    They don't pay attention to it, so they don't give their teams centralized tools, which makes it harder for teams to see what other teams are doing, which leads to dropped communication, data entry errors, and duplicated work.

    "But nobody wants to pay for centralized tools." Well, yeah. Duh. But you end up paying more with Excel silos. You pay it in non-IT labor time, but you also pay for it in IT time because eventually you're going to grow to a point where Excel silos are unworkable and now it's just going to be that much harder to clean up that data.

    "But nobody wants a bespoke Access database that only one neckbeardy IT guy knows how to support." Also true. Which is why for the vast majority of common business operations, there's some off-the-shelf software package, industry-specific software package, or some software-as-a-service that will do the gist of whatever those Excel spreadsheets are doing.

    I'm stealing this post for my online class' discussion board

    #topratedmbaprogram

    plz do

  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i definitely need to find some sort of wallet solution

    there isn't room in my pants for both my thick wallet and my thick cock

    I know this was a joke post, but srsly check these guys out.

    http://bellroy.com

    they make keen wallets that are slim.

    Also, install apps that convert your gift cards and loyalty cards into scannable barcodes on your phone, and get rid of all those pieces of shit from your wallet.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    Feral
  • AtomikaAtomika Cinema Vampire (alleged) Trans 🏳️‍⚧️ SylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I like my wallet better than a money clip.

    It even fits in my pants easy.

    ITT . . . we learn the easy way into Cinders' pants

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Basically, data siloing in Excel is a cyclical problem of management either not paying attention to, or not wanting to spend money on, how their departments are using technology.

    They don't pay attention to it, so they don't give their teams centralized tools, which makes it harder for teams to see what other teams are doing, which leads to dropped communication, data entry errors, and duplicated work.

    "But nobody wants to pay for centralized tools." Well, yeah. Duh. But you end up paying more with Excel silos. You pay it in non-IT labor time, but you also pay for it in IT time because eventually you're going to grow to a point where Excel silos are unworkable and now it's just going to be that much harder to clean up that data.

    "But nobody wants a bespoke Access database that only one neckbeardy IT guy knows how to support." Also true. Which is why for the vast majority of common business operations, there's some off-the-shelf software package, industry-specific software package, or some software-as-a-service that will do the gist of whatever those Excel spreadsheets are doing.

    MBAs do not seem to teach skills like managing data flows within the organization

    Right. And techie guys with no management chops aren't generally very good at identifying process inefficiencies.

    The best IT managers are the ones who can go back to the humans and say, "Hey, this way you're doing things is a bottleneck. Here's how we can make it flow better."

    This is totally not me patting myself on the back or anything.

  • AtomikaAtomika Cinema Vampire (alleged) Trans 🏳️‍⚧️ SylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i definitely need to find some sort of wallet solution

    there isn't room in my pants for both my thick wallet and my thick cock

    Well, you'll probably use the wallet more, so . . . . .

    spool32
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    hey guys i heard hulkamania was sweeping the country

    please advise.

  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I'm going into accounting Atomika. I don't think money being the key is a surprise to anyone. :P

  • AtomikaAtomika Cinema Vampire (alleged) Trans 🏳️‍⚧️ SylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What I'm saying is that I've got some resources for SRS, Elendil

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    “They’re such a blast. I’m always going over to one of their places to watch TV, order some food, [get so sexually distracted that I can barely focus on anything but my own carnal starvation, and then as soon as I get home descend into debilitating worries that I’ll always be this terribly, unfathomably alone]. We have a lot of fun.”

    CindersAbdhyius
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @‌feral

    i would say it is a cyclical problem of management not wanting to pay attention to junior management who are nominally in charge of how their departments are using technology

    and when they do care, they don't issue more refined instructions; they outsource and get a consultant, who would be immune to whatever petty office politics that have shaped the work assignment created by the spontaneous Excel-enforced workflow.

    If there's a manager who has to dig for mission-critical data in inconsistent ever-changing spreadsheets, and then gets publicly blamed for the resulting errors, the workflow stays that way because that manager is at the bottom of the office hierarchy, possibly for petty reasons like "senior manager's wife hates her". Whether or not it's harder to clean up that data, the assignment of the tedium is how office politics expresses itself.


    aRkpc.gif
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Grains are versatile and great, and all, but I need to consume creatures with a richer experience, to gain their power.

  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    My boss is recommending steps to troubleshoot a mac in the office.

    I need out of this job so badly, holy shit.

    boss: try turning it on and off

    to turn it off you just

    hmm

    I think it's under this little magnifying glass icon

    no, nope

    okay here it is, finder

    no wait

    Wrong. Isn't it just a key on the keyboard that looks and feels like every other key?

    I here the power button is an important part of typing.

    ignant.jpg

    nice pocket, square

    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • AtomikaAtomika Cinema Vampire (alleged) Trans 🏳️‍⚧️ SylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I'm going into accounting Atomika. I don't think money being the key is a surprise to anyone. :P

    Your dates are going to be really disappointed when you explain to them what "double entry" actually means.

  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    if you buy a money clip does it come with money

    I'm basically interested in ways to obtain money at this point

    Where, uh, where can I find money?

    I know an alley where you can close your eyes, suck on a hose and cash appeears in your pocket.

    They also franchised a restaurant in front of these alleys, but the stuff in the hose is better for you, generally.

    Oh its almost 1, time for Olive Garden chat

    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    Dynagrip
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i definitely need to find some sort of wallet solution

    there isn't room in my pants for both my thick wallet and my thick cock

    also, you keep your cock in your pocket?

  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i'm insane in da membrane

    poo
    Podly
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    i definitely need to find some sort of wallet solution

    there isn't room in my pants for both my thick wallet and my thick cock

    also, you keep your cock in your pocket?
    it pretty much goes where it wants

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I had a frozen meal pad thai for lunch. Sure not as good as the pad thai from some of the Thai places around here. But was still pretty damn good.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    My boss is recommending steps to troubleshoot a mac in the office.

    I need out of this job so badly, holy shit.

    uh spool you cannot troubleshoot a mac because macs cannot break fyi hth

    well the first part is true...

    don't be so hard on yourself bro

    I'm sure there's something out there you can troubleshoot.

    He's texan.

    Shootin' trouble is par for the course!

    It's true.

    Computers, plumbing, business negotiations . . .

    If it can't be solved with the business end of a .45, Texas don't want to solve it.

    Butt end is acceptable for delicate work.

  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I'm going into accounting Atomika. I don't think money being the key is a surprise to anyone. :P

    Your dates are going to be really disappointed when you explain to them what "double entry" actually means.

    Don't worry. I know how to amortize the loss over the course of the relationship.

    Atomika
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    My boss is recommending steps to troubleshoot a mac in the office.

    I need out of this job so badly, holy shit.

    uh spool you cannot troubleshoot a mac because macs cannot break fyi hth

    well the first part is true...

    don't be so hard on yourself bro

    I'm sure there's something out there you can troubleshoot.

    He's texan.

    Shootin' trouble is par for the course!

    It's true.

    Computers, plumbing, business negotiations . . .

    If it can't be solved with the business end of a .45, Texas don't want to solve it.

    Butt end is acceptable for delicate work.
    i thought you guys had laws against using the butt end

  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    i definitely need to find some sort of wallet solution

    there isn't room in my pants for both my thick wallet and my thick cock

    also, you keep your cock in your pocket?
    it pretty much goes where it wants

    I imagine it like an unruly, hyperactive child, continually restlessly moving and prodding around when you're trying to stand still or focus on a conversation.

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Basically, data siloing in Excel is a cyclical problem of management either not paying attention to, or not wanting to spend money on, how their departments are using technology.

    They don't pay attention to it, so they don't give their teams centralized tools, which makes it harder for teams to see what other teams are doing, which leads to dropped communication, data entry errors, and duplicated work.

    "But nobody wants to pay for centralized tools." Well, yeah. Duh. But you end up paying more with Excel silos. You pay it in non-IT labor time, but you also pay for it in IT time because eventually you're going to grow to a point where Excel silos are unworkable and now it's just going to be that much harder to clean up that data.

    "But nobody wants a bespoke Access database that only one neckbeardy IT guy knows how to support." Also true. Which is why for the vast majority of common business operations, there's some off-the-shelf software package, industry-specific software package, or some software-as-a-service that will do the gist of whatever those Excel spreadsheets are doing.

    But everyone's workflow has to change and no managers want to tell all their people to retrain with the new tool.

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    in much the same way nobody ever got fired for picking IBM, it's much harder for noxious internal politics to dispute the validity of an IBM consultant's recommendations for amending information flow, even when those amendments would give powerful people more work and weak people less work



    aRkpc.gif
  • AtomikaAtomika Cinema Vampire (alleged) Trans 🏳️‍⚧️ SylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I'm going into accounting Atomika. I don't think money being the key is a surprise to anyone. :P

    Your dates are going to be really disappointed when you explain to them what "double entry" actually means.

    Don't worry. I know how to amortize the loss over the course of the relationship.

    You're adorably dorky. <3

    PLA
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Basically, data siloing in Excel is a cyclical problem of management either not paying attention to, or not wanting to spend money on, how their departments are using technology.

    They don't pay attention to it, so they don't give their teams centralized tools, which makes it harder for teams to see what other teams are doing, which leads to dropped communication, data entry errors, and duplicated work.

    "But nobody wants to pay for centralized tools." Well, yeah. Duh. But you end up paying more with Excel silos. You pay it in non-IT labor time, but you also pay for it in IT time because eventually you're going to grow to a point where Excel silos are unworkable and now it's just going to be that much harder to clean up that data.

    "But nobody wants a bespoke Access database that only one neckbeardy IT guy knows how to support." Also true. Which is why for the vast majority of common business operations, there's some off-the-shelf software package, industry-specific software package, or some software-as-a-service that will do the gist of whatever those Excel spreadsheets are doing.

    MBAs do not seem to teach skills like managing data flows within the organization

    @ronya‌
    This is literally my MBA concentration

    Feralronya
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Nah, it's this band that pitchfork splooges over and lots of my hipster associates were all ga-ga about. I resisted, but they kept getting so much fellatio I decided to check em. They did NOT meet expectations.

    Lol podly you were tryin 2 be 2 cool

    coked%20out%20raven.gif


    Hmm I guess it never directly mentioned it but in context you were speaking of the knife

    to be fair

    i am a piece of shit

    I just hope no one reads any of my posts from 2007

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    DasUberEdward
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Wait do people actually care about college GPA anywhere in a job interview? Its the kind of thing I'd internally laugh at if brought up repeatedly in an interview

    I never put it on my resume yet it came up in every interview I did. Most of the time I was chided afterwards for not putting it on my resume since it was "a big deal" to them and could have hurt my chances had it not come up in the interview.

    They cant get this without transcripts right? Are they actually going to do this? If I am a grown ass man looking for a non entry level position, I'm really not sure how I am going to answer that question when I have ~8 years experience. I doubt I could tell them what my degree was for at that point.

    I leave it blank whenever I have to fill out one of those things. You gotta draw a line somewhere. No one will ever look or care or anything.
    Lot of employers have asked for my transcripts after hiring me.

    You're kidding right?

    I've never heard of that happening to anyone ever! Are you doing some sort of sciencing or something wherein people care?

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    if you buy a money clip does it come with money

    I'm basically interested in ways to obtain money at this point

    Where, uh, where can I find money?

    I know an alley where you can close your eyes, suck on a hose and cash appeears in your pocket.

    Lud, even in this desperate state, you can't afford me.

    you can always become a small suburban pot dealer.

    Just make sure things don't spiral too far out of control and you end up destroying your town and the only reason people enjoyed watching your antics.

    I'd watch season 1 of this

This discussion has been closed.