As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the thing about simcity is that, as with diablo 3, the title easily met sales forecasts. so the executive team are not likely to push hard for a rejigger. it's gotta be the creative direction

aRkpc.gif
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Characterizing an adult child with CP as a special needs child is at worst an exaggeration. Its fairly likely a person with CP actually was in special needs classes, so its probably not even really that. Munchhausen-by-proxy involves inducing a medical condition (or death) and/or seeking medical treatment for a non-existent condition. It often involves killing your children. Its pretty unfair to make that comparison regardless of whether she's a weirdo or trashy or whatever.

CP = Cerebral Palsy?

I assume from @Atomika 's story

Munchhausen is really nasty. I'm cool calling mountain dew lady worthless trash, but calling her child murder-ish is p unfair is all.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    Feral wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Oh, hey. Sim City: The Version You Actually Wanted comes out today.

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Banished?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    spool32 wrote: »

I heard this on the radio this morning. Great story :)

Best part, IMO:

"Farquhar is now 81 years old. He's been called the master of getting to places. His genius is inventing esoteric flight plans that take advantage of gravitational boosts from the moon and close flybys of Earth to send space probes zipping around the solar system in surprising ways. He's so adept at calculating these exotic trajectories that often, just for fun, he's made sure that key mission events fall on birthdays or anniversaries."

xkcd did a comic on this a few weeks ago. It was pretty great.
    http://xkcd.com/1337/
    hack.png

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i need more friends my own age

75% of my friends are close to or over 40

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Characterizing an adult child with CP as a special needs child is at worst an exaggeration. Its fairly likely a person with CP actually was in special needs classes, so its probably not even really that. Munchhausen-by-proxy involves inducing a medical condition (or death) and/or seeking medical treatment for a non-existent condition. It often involves killing your children. Its pretty unfair to make that comparison regardless of whether she's a weirdo or trashy or whatever.

Munchhausen's isn't explicitly harming a child; it can be the exaggeration of an existing condition for the same purpose.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Haha, reading the Shadowrun wiki, I discovered that in that universe, Charles became king of England in 2009.

He should be so lucky!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    russian anschluss. lol

aRkpc.gif
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    gym done

and that's me finished for the day. so hearthstone and sc2 and watching heroes of the swarm and maybe I'll finally finish skagboys.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I assume that the eventual goal is to link The Sims and SimCity into a unified game where you can play the Sims in the town you built, and so forth.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

I need more DINK friends.
    The ones I've had have started squirting out crotch droppings like cray.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

hang out with me @podly

poo
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Speaking of silly data stuff:
    Remember that post about the horrible spreadsheet rules, verifying each and every use of one? I can one-up that now.

They have opted to apply the 'prove all calculations are performed correctly' SOP rules to our software as well, including our commercial statistics package: Minitab. In short, before we can use Minitab for any GMP purposes, we have to prove that it generates the correct outputs. For everything. In all contexts. For all inputs. (The problem's obvious, right?)

Yep... the CSV group has informed us that we cannot use Minitab for any official purposes until it is proven that the software's outputs match a hand-calculated verification study for each and every possible numerical combination. This is impossible, as those are (no duh) literally infinite.

We have no functioning statistical package now, and our control-charting / production history group has slammed on the brakes and ceased all work as they can no longer do their jobs. I cannot use any advanced statistics in any report now unless it's something I can do in excel (using those same shitty old rules I posted about for spreadsheet verification each and every time).

I am in Hell.

Who verified excel is always correct?

For excel apparently they just required a sampling of the formulas to make sure it was correct a few dozen times.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I assume that the eventual goal is to link The Sims and SimCity into a unified game where you can play the Sims in the town you built, and so forth.

While sending your sim-children to college and running your own sim-business no doubt.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Have your sim pissed off over the parking situation you created.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Banished?

I am intrigued by banished! Have you played it? Do you like it?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Are the cities in simcity still so small that it seems unfathomable that there would be any purpose to implementing a public transport network?

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

This seemed like the plan when sims 3 hit. Now almost seems like they wanted to make second life, but in a walled garden where you paid cash for everything with them at least as a middleman. And you dont need player cities for that. I'm surprized simcity hit at all. They could be selling a ton of little cosmetic customization for .50 each and just churn them out, but instead they focus on mechanic changing 3 buildings for 15$ a pop.

steam_sig.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Maybe after my project is finished I'll reinstall CitiesXL.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    deet doot beet boot

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    obF2Wuw.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

hang out with me @podly

lez hang dis weekend

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    mbUPD2J.jpg

but i am 12 and what is this

aRkpc.gif
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    heroes of the storm will be at pax east yaaay

not that I ever tried to hide it but my blizzfanboyism is gonna be disgusting when I start playing their moba after officially Not Liking Mobas for years.

now I'll never be President.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    u dont know my story

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So this Mountain Dew Kickstart stuff is p gross.

Banished?

Yeah its fun. You'll kill everyone a time or two if you go in cold or with only the tutorial (which is a funner way to do it). I wouldn't say it has a great late game (my biggest settlement is like 250 ppl so it might after that) but its a fun balancing act

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    @Donkey Kong
    Once when I was a kid I was invited to stay over for dinner at a friend's house. My friend's mother poured a large quantity of ketchup into a cereal bowl, which the entire family all casually dipped their fingers into and licked throughout the meal.

nnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    god

if i had proper major label backing, i would totally write a song called "u dont know my story" for some celebrity's kid

that's fucking gold right there

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Banished?

I've put probably 30ish hours into it and it's pretty fun. I'll be curious to see if some good overhaul mods spring up.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

not that I ever tried to hide it but my blizzfanboyism is gonna be disgusting when I start playing their moba after officially Not Liking Mobas for years.

My report thus far is that it's kinda fun -- the objectives are interesting, there are some dumb quirks that will almost certainly be fixed by the time it goes live like it not letting you rejoin games if the client crashes. My only real problem with the overall gameplay is that currently there's no way to tell what map you're going to be playing on and some people are good on certain maps and not on others.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    today marks the death of a market

diablo 3's auction house has officially closed

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

I thought you were all about LoL. Maybe I've made you and eddy into one person in my head. How is your boyfriend?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    today marks the death of a market

diablo 3's auction house has officially closed

bitcoin, you're on notice

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I still need to try to snag some pax badges.

Aren't there going to be lines to play it?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I was invited over to a friend's house for dinner for the first time. Now, for staging purposes, they all sit around the living room to eat as a family. They have these two large dogs. So, I ask beforehand, as I always do, what the rules are with the dogs and food.

Am I supposed to ignore begging? Can I give them a bite? What kind of stuff can I feed them? Do they have to do a trick to get some?

They tell me that not only can I feed them whatever I want, but that all the plates are given to the dogs after the meal and that the dogs would hassle you if you took the plate straight to the kitchen.

So, I finish my meal. Which was decent... And I lay my plate down for the dogs. They clean it up quite nicely. I pick it up to take to the kitchen and I ask if it goes in the sink or the dishwasher. They said to put it back in the cabinet because the dogs clean it good enough to eat off of. I laughed at the joke and then kinda reiterated my question.

IT WASN'T A JOKE!

My friend walked in to the kitchen and put her plate, her boyfriend's plate, and her mom and dad's plate all in the cabinet with the other "clean" dishes. I could have been sick. I dropped all contact with them. That was just too much.

Tl;dr: Their dishwashing was done exclusively by the dogs.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Elki wrote: »

if they recompile it for xbone i will buy it in a second

Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2014
    Organichu wrote: »
    I was invited over to a friend's house for dinner for the first time. Now, for staging purposes, they all sit around the living room to eat as a family. They have these two large dogs. So, I ask beforehand, as I always do, what the rules are with the dogs and food.

Am I supposed to ignore begging? Can I give them a bite? What kind of stuff can I feed them? Do they have to do a trick to get some?

They tell me that not only can I feed them whatever I want, but that all the plates are given to the dogs after the meal and that the dogs would hassle you if you took the plate straight to the kitchen.

So, I finish my meal. Which was decent... And I lay my plate down for the dogs. They clean it up quite nicely. I pick it up to take to the kitchen and I ask if it goes in the sink or the dishwasher. They said to put it back in the cabinet because the dogs clean it good enough to eat off of. I laughed at the joke and then kinda reiterated my question.

IT WASN'T A JOKE!

My friend walked in to the kitchen and put her plate, her boyfriend's plate, and her mom and dad's plate all in the cabinet with the other "clean" dishes. I could have been sick. I dropped all contact with them. That was just too much.

Tl;dr: Their dishwashing was done exclusively by the dogs.

where is this from?
    Im assuming this is a bullshit "That Happened" story for the sake of my sanity.

Deebaser on
This discussion has been closed.