As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I was invited over to a friend's house for dinner for the first time. Now, for staging purposes, they all sit around the living room to eat as a family. They have these two large dogs. So, I ask beforehand, as I always do, what the rules are with the dogs and food.

Am I supposed to ignore begging? Can I give them a bite? What kind of stuff can I feed them? Do they have to do a trick to get some?

They tell me that not only can I feed them whatever I want, but that all the plates are given to the dogs after the meal and that the dogs would hassle you if you took the plate straight to the kitchen.

So, I finish my meal. Which was decent... And I lay my plate down for the dogs. They clean it up quite nicely. I pick it up to take to the kitchen and I ask if it goes in the sink or the dishwasher. They said to put it back in the cabinet because the dogs clean it good enough to eat off of. I laughed at the joke and then kinda reiterated my question.

IT WASN'T A JOKE!

My friend walked in to the kitchen and put her plate, her boyfriend's plate, and her mom and dad's plate all in the cabinet with the other "clean" dishes. I could have been sick. I dropped all contact with them. That was just too much.

Tl;dr: Their dishwashing was done exclusively by the dogs.

somewhere the muslim equivalent of a redneck just read this and told his wife "I told you they were all disgusting infidels!"

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Billionaire Home Depot Founder Compares Obama To Hitler

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Are the cities in simcity still so small that it seems unfathomable that there would be any purpose to implementing a public transport network?

No larger then that, but just so I would say

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Podly wrote: »
    i need more friends my own age

75% of my friends are close to or over 40

lets hang out pods

Wqdwp8l.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Heroes of the Storm is on my radar as something maybe to play with [chat] folks who won't swap to DoTA2 master race but like mobas. A middle ground as you will.

Other than that it lacks a lot of the complexity that makes DoTA my thing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Lowes is better anyway

ManI am incredibly suprised how little information there is on the Dark Souls 2 wiki I feel like it was populated way faster with Dark Souls 1

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014

mbUPD2J.jpg

Im know her story involves either heartbroken or negligent parents.

Deebaser on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    @Donkey Kong
    Once when I was a kid I was invited to stay over for dinner at a friend's house. My friend's mother poured a large quantity of ketchup into a cereal bowl, which the entire family all casually dipped their fingers into and licked throughout the meal.

nnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i just retched a little

Wqdwp8l.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Fx3CPPE.jpg

ftOqU21.png
    Irond Will wrote: »
    @Donkey Kong
    Once when I was a kid I was invited to stay over for dinner at a friend's house. My friend's mother poured a large quantity of ketchup into a cereal bowl, which the entire family all casually dipped their fingers into and licked throughout the meal.

nnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i just retched a little

yeah it's pretty disgusting. If you put mayo in the ketchup and mix it up you get a creamier sauce that clings to things better

I was invited over to a friend's house for dinner for the first time. Now, for staging purposes, they all sit around the living room to eat as a family. They have these two large dogs. So, I ask beforehand, as I always do, what the rules are with the dogs and food.

Am I supposed to ignore begging? Can I give them a bite? What kind of stuff can I feed them? Do they have to do a trick to get some?

They tell me that not only can I feed them whatever I want, but that all the plates are given to the dogs after the meal and that the dogs would hassle you if you took the plate straight to the kitchen.

So, I finish my meal. Which was decent... And I lay my plate down for the dogs. They clean it up quite nicely. I pick it up to take to the kitchen and I ask if it goes in the sink or the dishwasher. They said to put it back in the cabinet because the dogs clean it good enough to eat off of. I laughed at the joke and then kinda reiterated my question.

IT WASN'T A JOKE!

My friend walked in to the kitchen and put her plate, her boyfriend's plate, and her mom and dad's plate all in the cabinet with the other "clean" dishes. I could have been sick. I dropped all contact with them. That was just too much.

this is somehow less gross to me than the ketchup bowl thing

Wqdwp8l.png

IT WASN'T A JOKE!

they also wore their hats at the dinner table, will.

Yes, even the younglings.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

someday science will discover a canine parasite with effects analogous to toxoplasmosis

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    man next week is going to be terrible

on the same day, new blazblue and new diablo expansion, and I still haven't finished the new shadowrun

IT WASN'T A JOKE!

og good god and I was just about to eat some lunch.

kaleedity wrote: »

on the same day, new blazblue and new diablo expansion, and I still haven't finished the new shadowrun

one is a game where a demonic force controls your actions and thoughts and the other is a blizzard game

Sorry dude Xrd came in and bitch slapped any hype for CP

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Gravitational waves from inflation put a distinctive twist pattern in the polarisation of the CMB

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    sJScA1w.png?1

A count. Do you cunt to three, protester? No, you don't. For shame.

ftOqU21.png
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    British scientist Dr Jo Dunkley, who has been searching through data from the European Planck space telescope for a B-mode signal, commented: "I can't tell you how exciting this is. Inflation sounds like a crazy idea, but everything that is important, everything we see today - the galaxies, the stars, the planets - was imprinted at that moment, in less than a trillionth of a second. If this is confirmed, it's huge. Get dunked on ignorance!"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    Feral wrote: »

someday science will discover a canine parasite with effects analogous to toxoplasmosis

no need for a parasite our gene sequences that involve empathy and nurturance already play that role

apparently petting a friendly dog stimulates oxytocin release in levels only slightly lower than nursing a baby

the cool thing is that this oxytocin is released in both the human and the dog

Wqdwp8l.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    “Whether it’s the pioneer in the Conestoga wagon or someone coming here in the 1920s from southern Italy, there was this idea in America that if you worked hard and you showed real grit, that you could be successful,” he said. “Strangely, we’ve now forgotten that. People who have an easy time of things, who get 800s on their SAT’s, I worry that those people get feedback that everything they’re doing is great. And I think as a result, we are actually setting them up for long-term failure. When that person suddenly has to face up to a difficult moment, then I think they’re screwed, to be honest. I don’t think they’ve grown the capacities to be able to handle that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/magazine/what-if-the-secret-to-success-is-failure.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

@Irond Will@spool32‌ boner alert

also @Shazkar Shadowstorm@desc @eddy @Organichu‌ we have talked about this stuff before

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I think she means country matters.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

Sorry dude Xrd came in and bitch slapped any hype for CP

sadly I only play games that don't require international transit

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So this Mountain Dew Kickstart stuff is p gross.

As much as I hate the concept, I found the fruit punch and orange pretty tasty. The orange more so. I'm a sucker for orange soda that has caffeine. It having less carbs than regular soda means very occasionally I can have one too.

steam_sig.png
    Yes I know a count rules a county and country isn't related but their pun STILL DOESN'T REALLY WORK

ONLY ALMOST

ftOqU21.png
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    This article is pretty great.

Basically North Korea is getting along by state-financed petty theft.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

I've been playing a fair amount of Diablo 3 since Blizzard came back, hat in hand, and said "We're sorry, here's the game you wanted."

and it turns out, it actually is the game I wanted

so now I'm buying their expansion

looking forward to new dungeons and bad dudes to beat up and new treasure and

honestly

looking forward to whatever terrifying abortion of a plot they put together, because I'm not sure if they can top the remarkable idiocy of the Diablo 3 storyline but you always count on Blizzard to come back to a game and improve on their prior efforts

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Atomika wrote: »
    This article is pretty great.

Basically North Korea is getting along by state-financed petty theft.

Just like Mississippi!

Yes I know a count rules a county and country isn't related but their pun STILL DOESN'T REALLY WORK

ONLY ALMOST

shakespeare you philistine

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    sJScA1w.png?1

Count runs a county not a country. :p

u7stthr17eud.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    i need more friends my own age

75% of my friends are close to or over 40

lets hang out pods

i'll be heading to my parents place within the next few weeks, we should def get drinks

or next time you come to nyc i'll take you to meet your doppleganger

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    That IRA woman's stance is bugging me

bring the rifle up and further back into your shoulder, my neck is hurting looking at you

ftOqU21.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Never.

Dogs aren't evil thus don't carry evil in them to infect their humans.

But that still doesn't mean they don't eat turds.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    sJScA1w.png?1

Count runs a county not a country. :p

ONLY ALMOST

ftOqU21.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    according to the cosmos yesterday, dogs were the first domesticated animals!

we lurve thems and they lurve us

I've been playing a fair amount of Diablo 3 since Blizzard came back, hat in hand, and said "We're sorry, here's the game you wanted."

and it turns out, it actually is the game I wanted

so now I'm buying their expansion

looking forward to new dungeons and bad dudes to beat up and new treasure and

honestly

looking forward to whatever terrifying abortion of a plot they put together, because I'm not sure if they can top the remarkable idiocy of the Diablo 3 storyline but you always count on Blizzard to come back to a game and improve on their prior efforts

I was convinced that I wasn't going to buy the d3 expansion

then the patch pretty much had this effect on me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

This discussion has been closed.