As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    if you get there at 0800

you get to wait until 1000 when it starts

they probably just don't want to be responsible for silly people showing up too early

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Do you have to register the pax badges or something?
    There was an insert that said something to the effect of "Dont line up before 8AM" or whatever.
    Do people really line up to get into the convention center?

Well, think of it like this

If you're there at 8AM, there's at least one thing you can do with absolutely no waiting in line at all.

Like, go get the PAX skin for LoL.

Y do I have to wait for a skin?
    Just gimme skin pls.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Some of the popular first day panels you need to line up early for

God people who are excited about an event what idiots

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I didn't get a friday badge so I'm gonna just never ever read the friday schedule

"How to crush every Protoss: What Obama doesn't want you to know. Featuring Jaedong, Innovation, Maru and Boxer."

he prolly already knows how to press t

/outoftouchbitterzerg

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Don't even like play dough

it tastes terrible

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    yeah it's worth nothing that a lot of the people waiting aren't waiting to storm the show floor, they are waiting to try and get in line for early panels

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    ive got pax badges
    awww yiiissssss

Give me your PAX Badges

I imagine we'll be done early. we're not the panel and wait in line type.
    I JUST WANT THE SWAG
    YOLOSWAG

buy me patches if they have patches. pin's are for people who want to loose things. patches are forever.

On the contrary, pins are for people who want to hold things together!

You are posting, you don't have to preface with 'on the contrary'
    <3

I have patches on my bag for the pax years I went, and other game stuff. I don't trust pins like from pinny arcade, because dem bitches are smaller, more expensive, and have the possibility to be pulled/fall off.

steam_sig.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Dear @Organichu‌ I hear you are the Mio messiah.
    Should Mio Fit be changing the color of my poop
    Is it radioactive?
    AM I DYING NOW

Bless your heart.
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    oh and I gots 5 pax badges it is going to own

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I liked just learning algebraic physics with an eye towards how the formulas were derived from calculus.

It did not seem that the fundamentals were any better understood to the extent that you might dig into the act of deriving any deeper.

Granted the basic derived formulas are wrong when applied most of the time in real life.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    There was an insert that said something to the effect of "Dont line up before 8AM" or whatever.

If you're there at 8AM, there's at least one thing you can do with absolutely no waiting in line at all.

Just gimme skin pls.

When I was briefly there last year the LoL booth had people about 30 deep, literally surrounding it.

I feel you don't have a good sense of the scope of this thing yet...

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    SiG can you tell me who murdered your sense of humor? Who did it? Have you been talking to Nerdgasmic

are you going to start feeling ways about things

TTODewback wrote: »
    Dear Organichu‌ I hear you are the Mio messiah.
    Is it radioactive?
    AM I DYING NOW

no that is @OnTheLastCastle‌

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    yeah it's worth nothing that a lot of the people waiting aren't waiting to storm the show floor, they are waiting to try and get in line for early panels

For what it's worth I've never lined up before it opens and I've always gotten into the keynote and gotten a good seat without any issue.

So people still be crazy.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT IT SOMEONE GIVE ME 2 PAX BADGES. 5? REALLY?

Ludious wrote: »
    SiG can you tell me who murdered your sense of humor? Who did it? Have you been talking to Nerdgasmic

I'm sorry you feel that way

edited March 2014
    I'm curious if any of you happen to know how well Mac OS X handles its own garbage collection of deleted files, seeing as by design they - as far as I'm aware - take that out of your hands.

kedinik on
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    il_fullxfull.316722270.jpg?ref=l2

this girl on the subway had a denim jacket with this on the back the other day

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

For what it's worth I've never lined up before it opens and I've always gotten into the keynote and gotten a good seat without any issue.

So people still be crazy.

Yeah, first year we went, we got great seats for the Q&A and draw a comic by just walking in 2 minutes after it started. I wish I were going this year :(

Maybe next!

steam_sig.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

They're waiting in line to wait in line?
    what?

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I've never been to a con, but Comic Con Dallas has a pretty good lineup this year. I may venture out.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I'm curious if any of you happen to know how well Mac OS X handles its own garbage collection of deleted files, seeing as by design they mostly - as far as I'm aware - take that out of your hands.

@syndalis‌

i've only been to one panel ever (q&a with mike and jerry). i liked it actually, i dunno why i never did another panel of any sort. just never shakes out. i'd rather spend that time talking to friends i guess than quietly watching a presentation.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Just gimme skin pls.

When I was briefly there last year the LoL booth had people about 30 deep, literally surrounding it.

I feel you don't have a good sense of the scope of this thing yet...

Yeah, I'm trying to remember how they gave out the lol skins last year, I don't think they were just in the swag bags like they had been previously, had to actually flag down a rioter or something.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    LoL skins might be the most in-demand swag item at pax

you are talking about an event whose tickets sold out in like two hours
    GOD FUCKING DAMNIT IT SOMEONE GIVE ME 2 PAX BADGES. 5? REALLY?

yes they are all actually for me

so.much.bling

what?

yeah remember that 'the convention is just a base of operations, we're going to hang out with friends' is a minority opinion in the grander scale

most people are going to like spend 12+ hours a day in the convention center, see panels, learn new games, go to nerd concerts etc

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Of course a science building would have a cat. A place incapable of understanding love is haunted by the avatar of loveless avarice.

I think it's mostly (solely?) political science though, as indicated by the name

not that that changes your point!

also cats are great fak u

i've only been to one panel ever (q&a with mike and jerry). i liked it actually, i dunno why i never did another panel of any sort. just never shakes out. i'd rather spend that time talking to friends i guess than quietly watching a presentation.

I highly suggest spending as much time as possible in the same room as Mike and Jerry while they're talking about stuff.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

And they cut all the Q&A with Mike and Jerry this year!

I'm so sad... now I only have 1 panel to go to... what will I do with all this extra time?

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Dear Organichu‌ I hear you are the Mio messiah.
    Is it radioactive?
    AM I DYING NOW

no that is @OnTheLastCastle‌

depends on the color

if it's purple... well... can I have your stuff?

edited March 2014

what?
    There is a twitter account with updates on which lines are full

There are a fuck ton of people there.not as big as the west coast one but east has been growing too.

I mean I guess you could research some more or just lol at the nerds whichever works best for you

So It Goes on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Oh god he hasn't posted since like 8 chat topics
    Maybe he's already dead
    OH GOD I AM SO DOOMED'

edit *takes a #selfie*

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I'm curious if any of you happen to know how well Mac OS X handles its own garbage collection of deleted files, seeing as by design they mostly - as far as I'm aware - take that out of your hands.

@syndalis‌

Not quite sure what you mean WRT "garbage collection of deleted files"

Garbage collection of objects and arrays in memory is pretty solid...

When you delete a file, it drops it from the file system... if you delete a file via interface / Automator functions it goes into a trash bin...

OSX is SMART capable now, so SSDs don't get junked over a long enough timeline like they used to...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    deebs it's not as simple as just grabbing a skin because this

http://springismylove.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/league.jpg

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

justinsane always drew up an attack plan

like, blocked out hour to hour

dude knew how to make the most of a pax ticket i tell u what

Wqdwp8l.png
    So It Goes wrote: »

I'm sorry you feel that way

I don't feel any way! I know you are all legal eagle, but you don't have to defend EVERYONE. Especially paxers. Jesus those guys are terrible. Especially the ones with patches on their bag.

Singular. Bag.
    Meaning they've had the same bag for more than one year.

Wow.

Just wow.

edited March 2014
    I generally haven't done many panels cause I don't like standing in lines as Hanging with friends or walking around

As its grown the line thing has grown too

So It Goes on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I was going to go to PAX just for lol skins until I realized that I don't have any money

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I really want to skip this management class. I feel like shit and have been nodding off all day.

This discussion has been closed.