As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    deebs it's not as simple as just grabbing a skin because this

http://springismylove.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/league.jpg

I was moderating the twitch chat for the pax stream at prime.

And we were giving out lol codes.

It was fucking madness.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Also it's weird to see myself with green nails.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    SiG can you tell me who murdered your sense of humor? Who did it? Have you been talking to Nerdgasmic

are you going to start feeling ways about things

I'm sorry you feel that way

I don't feel any way! I know you are all legal eagle, but you don't have to defend EVERYONE. Especially paxers. Jesus those guys are terrible. Especially the ones with patches on their bag.

Singular. Bag.
    Meaning they've had the same bag for more than one year.

Wow.

Just wow.

Thank you for your feedback !

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    i've only been to one panel ever (q&a with mike and jerry). i liked it actually, i dunno why i never did another panel of any sort. just never shakes out. i'd rather spend that time talking to friends i guess than quietly watching a presentation.

And they cut all the Q&A with Mike and Jerry this year!

I'm so sad... now I only have 1 panel to go to... what will I do with all this extra time?

I think they do Q&A during make a strip, but I could be misremembering. Weird that they aren't doing the regular Q&A though this year.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I don't get what you guys are talking about. SXSW is over so there's no more festivals until next year.

Editing posts on mobile is a chore of the worst kind ugh

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

kaleedity wrote: »
    LoL skins might be the most in-demand swag item at pax

you are talking about an event whose tickets sold out in like two hours

godfuckingdammit

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    FRIENDS!

Do any of you remember an article on the dangers of extrapolation, that was on Medium (yuck, I know)? Had graphs and stuff.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Nerds smell.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I have my PAX Sivir and Jax skins

get dunked, late adopters

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    i've only been to one panel ever (q&a with mike and jerry). i liked it actually, i dunno why i never did another panel of any sort. just never shakes out. i'd rather spend that time talking to friends i guess than quietly watching a presentation.

I'm so sad... now I only have 1 panel to go to... what will I do with all this extra time?

I think they do Q&A during make a strip, but I could be misremembering. Weird that they aren't doing the regular Q&A though this year.

They do, which is why I'm still going to that.

But Mike is usually pretty occupied with drawing so you don't get quite the same interaction between the two of them.

Making me real sad.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    I'm curious if any of you happen to know how well Mac OS X handles its own garbage collection of deleted files, seeing as by design they mostly - as far as I'm aware - take that out of your hands.

syndalis‌

Not quite sure what you mean WRT "garbage collection of deleted files"

Garbage collection of objects and arrays in memory is pretty solid...

When you delete a file, it drops it from the file system... if you delete a file via interface / Automator functions it goes into a trash bin...

OSX is SMART capable now, so SSDs don't get junked over a long enough timeline like they used to...

If I put a file into the bin and I force the bin to empty, is it still cluttering up my usable memory until OS X gets around to doing something else later? In the manner that such a deletion would still leave memory less usable on Windows, but which you can fix there with a defrag.

It kind of feels on the basis of my laptop slowing down over time that yes, there is some defrag corollary that needs to run and sometimes does, but no it does not run immediately and no you cannot force it to run.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Deebaser wrote: »

kaleedity wrote: »
    LoL skins might be the most in-demand swag item at pax

you are talking about an event whose tickets sold out in like two hours

godfuckingdammit
    Clearly a sign that it's time to stop playing lol.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

They do Q&A during make-a-strip.

Also having seen the dumb bullshit the Q&A panels always descended into, i'm kind of glad they are only doing the one, and prescreening the questions.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Editing posts on mobile is a chore of the worst kind ugh

i think u were right the first time tho

"it's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has"

as in "it has grown"

all that editing for naught

Wqdwp8l.png
    One question, three parts...

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Does anyone still play LoL?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i think i need to try and go back to school therapy like i was, since i don't have insurance for an outside thing. my levels of self-hatred at sabotaging my future are cresting all-time highs and i shouldn't feel like this. dunno how much just talking to someone will help; can't get medication at this point because medicaid and all. but i've gotta try something? kind of sucks.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Nope.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited March 2014
    Nobody plays LoL anymore.

it's a ghost town

Seriously it takes like 15m just to get a game in solo queue

Feral on

nerds

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    @‌Deebaser

We are not small dudes. I am 6'1", 285 give or take (hopefully less by Pax)
    You see that picture? I see a bunch of scrawny scrubs standing in between me and a LoL Skin. That's what I see. I don't see a barrier, I see an opportunity to violate all kinds of personal space. We can make a game of it. The game starts by taking two klonopin each. Then you wait about 15 minutes, and start slowly walking forward into the sea of nerd.

We will be at the front in like 30 seconds.

Feral wrote: »

Nope.

:( I'd play!

But I'm way too into Titanfall and Dark Soulz.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Just received word that I'm to be hired on as a full employee. Boss made a salary offer. I countered 20% higher.

We shall see :-)

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    I'm curious if any of you happen to know how well Mac OS X handles its own garbage collection of deleted files, seeing as by design they mostly - as far as I'm aware - take that out of your hands.

syndalis‌

When you delete a file, it drops it from the file system... if you delete a file via interface / Automator functions it goes into a trash bin...

OSX is SMART capable now, so SSDs don't get junked over a long enough timeline like they used to...

If I put a file into the bin and I force the bin to empty, is it still cluttering up my usable memory until OS X gets around to doing something else later? In the manner that such a deletion would still leave memory less usable on Windows, but which you can fix there with a defrag.

It kind of feels on the basis of my laptop slowing down over time that yes, there is some defrag corollary that needs to run and sometimes does, but no it does not run immediately and no you cannot force it to run.

i am p sure that, just like on windows, the deallocated bytes are not immediately blanked out - they are just made available for allocation and overwritten whenever data is allocated in those sectors.

if you need something blanked out you should get a utility that does this.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    lud we are the exact same size

we should link arms and form the human clothesline

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    SnWkTXB.png

Cinders wrote: »
    I really want to skip this management class. I feel like shit and have been nodding off all day.

Twiiiiiins.

I was torn because I wanted to ask for clarification about something in one of my classes today, but oh gawd did the sleepiness help my question to sound dumb, and damn did that compound things.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

the term made me think of you

unfortunately it's just a field of anthropology concerned with technology, that my friend is phd'ing in in Paris. Look at last page for a look at the college's delightful cat that likes to hang out and interrupt lecturer's

@‌Deebaser

You see that picture? I see a bunch of scrawny scrubs standing in between me and a LoL Skin. That's what I see. I don't see a barrier, I see an opportunity to violate all kinds of personal space. We can make a game of it. The game starts by taking two klonopin each. Then you wait about 15 minutes, and start slowly walking forward into the sea of nerd.

it's not the nerds it's their 140 lb backpacks

Wqdwp8l.png
    Irond Will wrote: »

syndalis‌

i am p sure that, just like on windows, the deallocated bytes are not immediately blanked out - they are just made available for allocation and overwritten whenever data is allocated in those sectors.

if you need something blanked out you should get a utility that does this.

I think they actually do blank out? I remember a Mac nerd I know saying this

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    This is pretty much the best thing I've seen all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4BFvwwj-o

Trombonist sneezes during a particularly quiet part of the performance.

Allegedly a voice of reason.

Nope.

seriously tho i've been playing a little bit recently

mafia graves still because i am a boring person who fears change

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I have my PAX Sivir and Jax skins

get dunked, late adopters

I have PAX Sivir

I don't have PAX Jax

I'm completely OK with this

because playing Jax is comimtting a crime against fun where the victim is yourself and 9 strangers

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    TL DR wrote: »
    Just received word that I'm to be hired on as a full employee. Boss made a salary offer. I countered 20% higher.

We shall see :-)

I am always so bad at asking for more money. Meaning I never do.

edited March 2014
    I generally haven't done many panels cause I don't like standing in lines as Hanging with friends or walking around

As its grown the line thing has grown too

The first two PAXes were unbelievably cool because, like, damn near anyone could fall into a small-group, impromptu, 10-20 minute hangout session with Mike and/or Jerry.

kedinik on

Nope.

seriously tho i've been playing a little bit recently

mafia graves still because i am a boring person who fears change

GAREN 4 LYFE

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    @‌Deebaser

it's not the nerds it's their 140 lb backpacks
    See, those are even easier. You don't push forward, you grab the handle and yank backwards. Physics, my boy. Physics.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    SnWkTXB.png

isn't that screencaps from God Bless America or whatever its called?
    The dude winds up shooting her int he face while she's in the car and then setting the car on fire.

Bless your heart.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i want a second cronut with this coffee

This discussion has been closed.