As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I'm curious if any of you happen to know how well Mac OS X handles its own garbage collection of deleted files, seeing as by design they mostly - as far as I'm aware - take that out of your hands.

syndalis‌

Not quite sure what you mean WRT "garbage collection of deleted files"

Garbage collection of objects and arrays in memory is pretty solid...

When you delete a file, it drops it from the file system... if you delete a file via interface / Automator functions it goes into a trash bin...

OSX is SMART capable now, so SSDs don't get junked over a long enough timeline like they used to...

If I put a file into the bin and I force the bin to empty, is it still cluttering up my usable memory until OS X gets around to doing something else later? In the manner that such a deletion would still leave memory less usable on Windows, but which you can fix there with a defrag.

It kind of feels on the basis of my laptop slowing down over time that yes, there is some defrag corollary that needs to run and sometimes does, but no it does not run immediately and no you cannot force it to run.

i am p sure that, just like on windows, the deallocated bytes are not immediately blanked out - they are just made available for allocation and overwritten whenever data is allocated in those sectors.

if you need something blanked out you should get a utility that does this.

I think they actually do blank out? I remember a Mac nerd I know saying this

looks like no unless you do the "secure empty trash..." selection in i think the option-finder menu

Wqdwp8l.png
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Does anyone still play LoL?

Nope.

:( I'd play!

But I'm way too into Titanfall and Dark Soulz.

seriously tho i've been playing a little bit recently

mafia graves still because i am a boring person who fears change

I will play with both you homps

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Nope.

and also because

3ZHO8it.png

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    This is pretty much the best thing I've seen all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4BFvwwj-o

Trombonist sneezes during a particularly quiet part of the performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtIz1u8g1F0

Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I have my PAX Sivir and Jax skins

get dunked, late adopters

I have PAX Sivir

I don't have PAX Jax

I'm completely OK with this

because playing Jax is comimtting a crime against fun where the victim is yourself and 9 strangers

I only play Jax in Dominion, where he owns.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I am going to at least 8, possibly 10 panels.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    the worst thing is spending an hour or so finely tweaking a face and then, when you're finally done, realizing that they just won't suit the character you were going to make at all and realizing you're going to have to make the character the face wants to be first, then start all over to make the face for the character you want to be

fuck gendered marketing
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    SnWkTXB.png

isn't that screencaps from God Bless America or whatever its called?
    The dude winds up shooting her int he face while she's in the car and then setting the car on fire.

That is almost certainly My Super Sweet Sixteen.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Thanks Will.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I really want to skip this management class. I feel like shit and have been nodding off all day.

I have a solution:
    027_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

SnWkTXB.png

The dude winds up shooting her int he face while she's in the car and then setting the car on fire.

So you're saying nobody shoots her in the face while she's in the car and then sets the car on fire?

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    @‌Deebaser

We are not small dudes. I am 6'1", 285 give or take (hopefully less by Pax)
    You see that picture? I see a bunch of scrawny scrubs standing in between me and a LoL Skin. That's what I see. I don't see a barrier, I see an opportunity to violate all kinds of personal space. We can make a game of it. The game starts by taking two klonopin each. Then you wait about 15 minutes, and start slowly walking forward into the sea of nerd.

We will be at the front in like 30 seconds.

it's not the nerds it's their 140 lb backpacks

Can we just topple them by yanking their top strap?

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    SnWkTXB.png

Oh there's almost the exact same scene in that movie.

Bless your heart.
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    they should make a my super sweet 16 where she gets the car and starts crying

"you're such a jerk!'
    "how could you get me a car?!"
    "your such an asshole!"
    "you should have donated the money to charity!"
    "i hate my family, capitalist pigs!"

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    jakobagger wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

the term made me think of you

unfortunately it's just a field of anthropology concerned with technology, that my friend is phd'ing in in Paris. Look at last page for a look at the college's delightful cat that likes to hang out and interrupt lecturer's

that still sounds awesome imo

fuck gendered marketing
    Podly wrote: »

"you're such a jerk!'
    "your such an asshole!"

callie

callie no

TehSloth wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i've only been to one panel ever (q&a with mike and jerry). i liked it actually, i dunno why i never did another panel of any sort. just never shakes out. i'd rather spend that time talking to friends i guess than quietly watching a presentation.

And they cut all the Q&A with Mike and Jerry this year!

I'm so sad... now I only have 1 panel to go to... what will I do with all this extra time?

I think they do Q&A during make a strip, but I could be misremembering. Weird that they aren't doing the regular Q&A though this year.

They do, which is why I'm still going to that.

But Mike is usually pretty occupied with drawing so you don't get quite the same interaction between the two of them.

Making me real sad.

They are combining Make a Strip and the proper Q&A into one big thing, with submitted questions.

And if you're wondering why, I have a theory which I will put in spoilers because it is liable to start a row and you're welcome to just skip over it:
    You can basically thank freakouts and concerted efforts to damage their brand by people with various social justice agendas. Way to go, tumblr. Way to go, internet, you fucked up another cool thing by making people gun-shy of any interaction.

Cinders wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yes this

fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2014
    SnWkTXB.png

Oh there's almost the exact same scene in that movie.

Yeah, MSSS was a reality show that purported to document parents enabling pretty much exactly that.

The episodes were pretty much all exactly the same.

e: Is, damn. I had figured it would've gone off the air after a few years.

kedinik on
    3563206.jpg?1394669310

Wqdwp8l.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

"you're such a jerk!'
    "your such an asshole!"

Social Justice Bridezillas

"I can't believe you would get me this BLOOD DIAMOND, did you tear out the poor 8-year-old miner's heart yourself when he collapsed from the back breaking labor because that's what you're doing to me right now"

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    the worst thing is spending an hour or so finely tweaking a face and then, when you're finally done, realizing that they just won't suit the character you were going to make at all and realizing you're going to have to make the character the face wants to be first, then start all over to make the face for the character you want to be

It's even worse when you realize it's a Bethesda game and you're not even going to see the main character's face hardly ever.

Deebaser wrote: »
    @‌Deebaser

You see that picture? I see a bunch of scrawny scrubs standing in between me and a LoL Skin. That's what I see. I don't see a barrier, I see an opportunity to violate all kinds of personal space. We can make a game of it. The game starts by taking two klonopin each. Then you wait about 15 minutes, and start slowly walking forward into the sea of nerd.

u are running the risk of the other nerds being alarmed by the strangled yawp from the back and all simultaneously whipping around to see what is going on

concussion city dogg

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

"you're such a jerk!'
    "your such an asshole!"

don't you know people are starving and homeless in this country?
    how could you be so insensitive?
    what sort of example are you setting, you monsters?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2014
    Assuming no hiccups in the paperwork I should officially be a homeowner this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Dynagrip on
    Ehhh, maybe I'm just feeling acidic today.

And maudlin.

"you're such a jerk!'
    "your such an asshole!"

"I can't believe you would get me this BLOOD DIAMOND, did you tear out the poor 8-year-old miner's heart yourself when he collapsed from the back breaking labor because that's what you're doing to me right now"

this is totally the girls who I date

every woman I've ever been in a relationship with has ranged from "eh, I don't really care for diamonds" on the mild end to "IF YOU BUY ME A BLOOD DIAMOND I WILL THROW IT IN YOUR FACE" on the extreme end

say what you want about poly or feminism or the SF area or whatever, that's still pretty awesome

I'm probably coming down with something.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Nope.

I will play with both you homps

Why do you not LoL with me?

Is it because I ate goat that one time?

It was just once, I swear.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    @‌Deebaser

u are running the risk of the other nerds being alarmed by the strangled yawp from the back and all simultaneously whipping around to see what is going on

concussion city dogg

That's when you use a distract. Holy shit chobot is at the turbine booth!

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i've only been to one panel ever (q&a with mike and jerry). i liked it actually, i dunno why i never did another panel of any sort. just never shakes out. i'd rather spend that time talking to friends i guess than quietly watching a presentation.

And they cut all the Q&A with Mike and Jerry this year!

I'm so sad... now I only have 1 panel to go to... what will I do with all this extra time?

I think they do Q&A during make a strip, but I could be misremembering. Weird that they aren't doing the regular Q&A though this year.

They do, which is why I'm still going to that.

But Mike is usually pretty occupied with drawing so you don't get quite the same interaction between the two of them.

Making me real sad.

They are combining Make a Strip and the proper Q&A into one big thing, with submitted questions.

And if you're wondering why, I have a theory which I will put in spoilers because it is liable to start a row and you're welcome to just skip over it:
    You can basically thank freakouts and concerted efforts to damage their brand by people with various social justice agendas. Way to go, tumblr. Way to go, internet, you fucked up another cool thing by making people gun-shy of any interaction.

You are making me more sad not less sad.

Stahp.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Hopefully a conscience

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I want dark souls 2 but for master race and not xbox

edited March 2014

"you're such a jerk!'
    "your such an asshole!"

every woman I've ever been in a relationship with has ranged from "eh, I don't really care for diamonds" on the mild end to "IF YOU BUY ME A BLOOD DIAMOND I WILL THROW IT IN YOUR FACE" on the extreme end

say what you want about poly or feminism or the SF area or whatever, that's still pretty awesome

when i proposed to frankie before she accepted i got a lecture about the patriarchy in which she explicated her conditions
    (i totally didn't but she was happy that the stone i got her wasn't a diamond)

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

kindergartencop.youtube.com

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Assuming no hiccups in the paperwork I should officially be a homeowner this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

I made a diagram of the floorplan. The bank's part of the house is in red, mine is in green. I started at the front door with a tiny green square.

Each month I color in a bit more.

I've never understood the problem with blood diamonds

fuck gendered marketing

"you're such a jerk!'
    "your such an asshole!"

My wife doesn't like either jewelry or the industry around diamonds. It's nice to never buy jewelry.

This discussion has been closed.