As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    The whole mindset and history behind Sweet 16/Quinceañera is really disturbing to me, and nothing moreso about that than it's still a thing.

tumblr_m3nuzp4R2X1rvt2qvo2_1280.png

#TheWorst

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Sweet 16 should be a test. If you are ungrateful about your gift you are killed.

what an original idea
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

i fucking hated this movie

i haven't seen it

but it's a sufficiently ugly conceit that i wonder if it wasn't intended as a plea for circumspection re: being cynical about how horrible everyone is and wishing ill on them.

then again maybe not!

Have you ever seen The Last Supper? It's the same basic conceit, but handled well.

yeah i basically enjoyed that one. ron perlman is a treat when he gets to act.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    OH ONLY ONE PERSON HAS AN OPINION BOUT MY LUMBAR
    I was going to send you a horribly offensive PM about office chairs later.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/fud/4354230242.html

this is nice looking but that's a lot of dollars

i don't get off my ass for less than an aeron

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ge218d2da.jpg

go all roman emperor on that shit

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    LoL skins might be the most in-demand swag item at pax

you are talking about an event whose tickets sold out in like two hours

Naw I had like 40 after last PAXEast and I didn't even play LoL (although I have started in the last week or so. Pre-Ranked levels are way too easy though). My Riot friend couldn't give them away fast enough so he just gave me a stack

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious I read all the content on the website you have and run in your sig. It took me 4 minutes.

Yeah you're right. Glad someone else called it.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/fud/4354230242.html

this is nice looking but that's a lot of dollars

just buy a $400 bottle of scotch

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    ge218d2da.jpg

go all roman emperor on that shit

Holy Rollin' Emperor

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    The whole mindset and history behind Sweet 16/Quinceañera is really disturbing to me, and nothing moreso about that than it's still a thing.

Always kinda odd when I go to the Galleria on a Saturday and have to remind myself that's not a group of kids coming from their prom.

It just seems like such a gross condoning of oppressive objectification and sexualizing of young girls.

But, I mean, that's definitely a thing that people do.

I've never actually been to one so I have no idea.

They're "coming out" parties, more or less.

It's just a concept I find really sqwick.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So my brother. The one who kicked me out of our apartment when he got insanely irresponsible in life and thus I had to move to Texas for a long while.

He was going to the hospital today for an appointment to setup a series of tests to figure out why his hearing is the way it is and what can be done to fix it. What I got was a phone call just a few moments ago informing me he's being taken to a special facility for 72 hours because he's on suicide watch.

At face value that sounds extreme. But my brother is more manipulative than these people think. He's BAD at being manipulative when you see how it happens and how he contradicts himself over time. But I dunno. At any rate, even if this is real, I am really, really unsure of how I'm supposed to feel about a guy who is my brother but also kicked me into the most miserable phase of my life.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    OH ONLY ONE PERSON HAS AN OPINION BOUT MY LUMBAR

frankie bought me this one for my bday last year and it is fly as hell

officechairsunlimited_2140_107039479.gif

decently comfortable too

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    I have been sitting on a folding chair for like 3 years and I think* it is bad for back

*know

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Man aerons are all hype.

We had 'em back at my first job.

Rubber coating started peeling off the edge of the chair back, where it bumped into the desk.

Quality my ass.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have been sitting on a folding chair for like 3 years and I think* it is bad for back

*know

skippy

i think i figured it out

your "dry spell" is a direct result of this chair

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i need a good, sturdy computer chair that is also incredibly cheap

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck‌

MY HOME CHAIR IS A FOLDING CHAIR THAT MY PARENTS GOT IN THE EARLY 90S

I am happy with it lol

poo
  • Options
    skippy

you could also just get the chair from burn after reading

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    when I went to both of my cousin's sweet 16s and their family friends sweet 16s it was just a big birthday and they seemed super happy

probably not really the Sweet 16 thing atomika is talking about though, that sounds ceremonial.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    i had to go to my cousin's sweet 16

was weird

poo
  • Options

Always kinda odd when I go to the Galleria on a Saturday and have to remind myself that's not a group of kids coming from their prom.

It just seems like such a gross condoning of oppressive objectification and sexualizing of young girls.

not to apologize for the sheer grossness of quinceaneras but the tradition is based on the idea that a 16 year-old girl is now a woman

it's exactly the same thing as a bar/ bat mitzvah

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Do you have to register the pax badges or something?
    There was an insert that said something to the effect of "Dont line up before 8AM" or whatever.
    Do people really line up to get into the convention center?

2446994-9059665673-21763.jpg

So many giant backpacks.
    I had...
    I had no idea...
    I am regretting this in advance.

• Options
    Fast Food Workers Arrest Ronald McDonald At Wage Theft Protest

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Old family ring with a huge sapphire sounds awesome to me, assuming said family is not totally fucking insane.

Half and half. Her dad loathes me, her mom likes me.

y does her father hate on u

is he just a hater

Dude, how did you miss this story? Lets see the reasons he hates me:

1. I grew up poor. Not quite white trash but poor.
    2. My politics.
    3. My sexual orientation.
    4. That I was raised Catholic which I didn't think was a thing any more but apparently it still is in his mind.
    5. That I'm a Yankee.
    6. That I've been married once already.
    7. That I'm taller then him.*

*This is conjecture. But he's short so I think we can safely assume it.

• Options
    it was basically like a wedding reception

poo
  • Options
    least they had a cocktail hour / open bar for us adults and appetizers

poo
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
  • Options

not to apologize for the sheer grossness of quinceaneras but the tradition is based on the idea that a 16 year-old girl is now a woman

quinceañowza

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    So my brother. The one who kicked me out of our apartment when he got insanely irresponsible in life and thus I had to move to Texas for a long while.

He was going to the hospital today for an appointment to setup a series of tests to figure out why his hearing is the way it is and what can be done to fix it. What I got was a phone call just a few moments ago informing me he's being taken to a special facility for 72 hours because he's on suicide watch.

At face value that sounds extreme. But my brother is more manipulative than these people think. He's BAD at being manipulative when you see how it happens and how he contradicts himself over time. But I dunno. At any rate, even if this is real, I am really, really unsure of how I'm supposed to feel about a guy who is my brother but also kicked me into the most miserable phase of my life.
    Speaking from someone who's 3/4ths family members are total raging assholes, always better to find family among good people than good in your family.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    skippy, that mothafucka has a air conditioner in it. You can get one on a base that slowly fucking rotates around, giving you a new view every couple of hours.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Boy now I'm super depressed.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

It can be, depending on how religiously-tinged the ceremony is, but Bar/Bat Mitzvahs tend to be much more about the person's transition into the religious community.

In that way, S16/Quince is much more akin to debutante balls, being little more than a patriarchal expression of permission given to another person for control of their own body, performed in front of a crowd of their closest friends and family.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I have been sitting on a folding chair for like 3 years

Oh my god

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    4. That I was raised Catholic which I didn't think was a thing any more but apparently it still is in his mind.

obvs part of the papist conspiracy

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Man aerons are all hype.

We had 'em back at my first job.

Rubber coating started peeling off the edge of the chair back, where it bumped into the desk.

Quality my ass.

NASA loaded Johnson Space Center with Aerons. Tax dollars!

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    skippy, that mothafucka has a air conditioner in it. You can get one on a base that slowly fucking rotates around, giving you a new view every couple of hours.

optional doc oc style arms and built in bidet so you never have to leave your chair

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    You guys, those chairs are fucking scrub tier.

Aeron pls.

This is what you want @skippydumptruck‌

[img]http://cdn.arstechnica .net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/emperor200.png[/img]

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/06/seat-of-power-the-computer-workstation-for-the-person-with-everything/

modeled after scorpion? yeah, gimme

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    skippy you should get one of those standing up desks

sitting is the new smoking I heard fyi hth

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.