As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    So my brother. The one who kicked me out of our apartment when he got insanely irresponsible in life and thus I had to move to Texas for a long while.

He was going to the hospital today for an appointment to setup a series of tests to figure out why his hearing is the way it is and what can be done to fix it. What I got was a phone call just a few moments ago informing me he's being taken to a special facility for 72 hours because he's on suicide watch.

At face value that sounds extreme. But my brother is more manipulative than these people think. He's BAD at being manipulative when you see how it happens and how he contradicts himself over time. But I dunno. At any rate, even if this is real, I am really, really unsure of how I'm supposed to feel about a guy who is my brother but also kicked me into the most miserable phase of my life.
    Speaking from someone who's 3/4ths family members are total raging assholes, always better to find family among good people than good in your family.

That was my philosophy for a while. But over the last few years my surrogate family (friends, mentors, etc) have been abandoning me for various reasons.

So maybe I just have asshole in my blood and I don't see it, even though I try REALLY hard to avoid all the shit my family does.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Old family ring with a huge sapphire sounds awesome to me, assuming said family is not totally fucking insane.

Half and half. Her dad loathes me, her mom likes me.

y does her father hate on u

is he just a hater

Dude, how did you miss this story? Lets see the reasons he hates me:

1. I grew up poor. Not quite white trash but poor.
    2. My politics.
    3. My sexual orientation.
    4. That I was raised Catholic which I didn't think was a thing any more but apparently it still is in his mind.
    5. That I'm a Yankee.
    6. That I've been married once already.
    7. That I'm taller then him.*

*This is conjecture. But he's short so I think we can safely assume it.

Throw him into a bullpen during the rodeo.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    That scorpion tail moves remotely to place the monitors just where yo want them. The whole thing reclines as a unit too, so you can lean back and still be comfortably at eye level.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    skippy you should get one of those standing up desks

sitting is the new smoking I heard fyi hth

if you're going to sit all day you might as well just work in a toxic waste dump while punching yourself in the ass

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Atomika wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    The whole mindset and history behind Sweet 16/Quinceañera is really disturbing to me, and nothing moreso about that than it's still a thing.

Always kinda odd when I go to the Galleria on a Saturday and have to remind myself that's not a group of kids coming from their prom.

It just seems like such a gross condoning of oppressive objectification and sexualizing of young girls.

But, I mean, that's definitely a thing that people do.

not to apologize for the sheer grossness of quinceaneras but the tradition is based on the idea that a 16 year-old girl is now a woman

it's exactly the same thing as a bar/ bat mitzvah

It can be, depending on how religiously-tinged the ceremony is, but Bar/Bat Mitzvahs tend to be much more about the person's transition into the religious community.

In that way, S16/Quince is much more akin to debutante balls, being little more than a patriarchal expression of permission given to another person for control of their own body, performed in front of a crowd of their closest friends and family.

i mean that is kind of the anthropological basis of all coming-of-age ceremonies i think

this person is an adult => this person has agency over their lives => this person has bodily and sexual agency

the thing i hate about quinceaneras is that they're incredibly crass, what with the preening and the pinning of money on the dress and all of that.

but i think the anthro subtext is nearly universal.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Earlier chat talk of science and stuff has me in the mood for a pop sci book.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

the term made me think of you

unfortunately it's just a field of anthropology concerned with technology, that my friend is phd'ing in in Paris. Look at last page for a look at the college's delightful cat that likes to hang out and interrupt lecturer's

that still sounds awesome imo

oh definitely

not as obviously descsque as the other concept though

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    is there anyway to just mount my PC onto my personal mobility scooter

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    BjCgF7NIMAAnGYK.jpg

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

sarah sits on a ball

this does not seem great

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    spool32 wrote: »
    That scorpion tail moves remotely to place the monitors just where yo want them. The whole thing reclines as a unit too, so you can lean back and still be comfortably at eye level.

if you dereference a null pointer the whole assembly convulses and stabs you in the gut

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

you could do like a sidecar

and also have a minifridge for donuts and soda pop

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Who's dick do I have to suck for that?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    huh, I have never been exposed to any of this sweet16/quinceanera sexualization thing. It's always just been a catchy name for a birthday party to me.

Interesting.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies

you can try mine

it's never not worked

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

if you dereference a null pointer the whole assembly convulses and stabs you in the gut

All is as it should be.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Old family ring with a huge sapphire sounds awesome to me, assuming said family is not totally fucking insane.

is he just a hater

1. I grew up poor. Not quite white trash but poor.
    2. My politics.
    3. My sexual orientation.
    4. That I was raised Catholic which I didn't think was a thing any more but apparently it still is in his mind.
    5. That I'm a Yankee.
    6. That I've been married once already.
    7. That I'm taller then him.*

Throw him into a bullpen during the rodeo.

He doesn't live in Houston thankfully.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjK4_sAl904#t=25

twitch.tv/tehsloth
    i know from experience that sitting on balls is in fact quite painful

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Spore Complete Pack is on sale for $15. I don't think I'd buy it even at $7.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    hmm, that screenshot kinda looks like the dude is trying to bone the computer....

close enough.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
    kedinik wrote: »
    Spore Complete Pack is on sale for $15. I don't think I'd buy it even at $7.

60% more boring disappointment!

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

you can try mine

it's never not worked

~~P
    ______

P

That's just logic!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    in my experience, the vast majority of sweet sixteens and quinceanaras are just 'hey you're the age where we're supposed to throw you a really big party so that's what we're gonna do'

hmm, that screenshot kinda looks like the dude is trying to bone the computer....

close enough.

you like it when i touch your turbo button, computer?

you could do like a sidecar

and also have a minifridge for donuts and soda pop

there was a dude with an electric wheelchair in a couple of my CS classes, but he just had a little fold up desk thing with a laptop on it.

not 1337

twitch.tv/tehsloth
    look at my horrible chair that I sit in all day : (

13251704975_2ac859d196_c.jpg

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

close enough.

you like it when i touch your turbo button, computer?

*fans frantically try to cool down the ever-increasing processor temperature*

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

is he just a hater

1. I grew up poor. Not quite white trash but poor. <-- fair enough poverty is sin
    2. My politics. <-- hmm yes politics are bad
    3. My sexual orientation. <-- ur not a lesbian, qed
    4. That I was raised Catholic which I didn't think was a thing any more but apparently it still is in his mind. <-- papist monstrosity
    5. That I'm a Yankee. <-- u monster
    6. That I've been married once already. <-- ur clearly whatever the opposite of a black widow is
    7. That I'm taller then him.* <-- hitler

look ill be honest it seems like hes right about u

u shud probs try to work on these things

also lol is he some hardcore protestant bible bashin mufuka

obF2Wuw.png

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3798/13251704975_2ac859d196_c.jpg

skappy this is an insult to your butt

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

aaaaah that desk is all wrong. Keyboard so high.

How have your wrists not exploded?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    protestants are just the worst

YOUR RELIGION IS DOUBLE MADE UP, PROTESTANTS

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Skippy this looks like back pain central. You should fix that.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Me: "Oh that guy I know who is cool and was college roommates with my other totally cool game designer friend just added me on Google+"
    *adds him back*

Dude's Name
    Software Engineer @‌ Google
    Me: "Oh yeah he has a really cool job."

Background picture - him with his cool wife* and new baby.
    First post is about trying out his Google Glasses.

Me: "You win this time....and apparently at life in general."

I wish I worked for Google

*Not as cool as my wife but still pretty cool

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    skippy I swear if you buy $100 posters but won't even put down the money for a chair with cushions : (

Mazzyx wrote: »
    Skippy this looks like back pain central. You should fix that.

I am TRYING but SLOTH is the only one with ADVICE and he's telling me to sit on MY BALLS and I'm not gonna do that or spend NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS on a fancy chair

when i turned 16 i played dungeons and dragons with a big group of my nerd friends

actually i don't even think it was dungeons and dragons it was rolemaster or something

and actually i think there were too many people - maybe 10 - and we never actually got to playing

so

Wqdwp8l.png
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    So new gym that's like 3 blocks from my house

kinda spendy ($70 a month after taxes etc.)

doesn't have the equipment I want (boxing / wrestlin' stuff, so most gyms don't have it)

but it is super clean and has really nice facilities and new machines and fucking 19 inch tablets attached to basically everything and free wifi

and its 3 blocks from my house

so overall lookin' forward to it, opens in about a week

time to unsoft myself.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Frosteey wrote: »
    skippy I swear if you buy $100 posters but won't even put down the money for a chair with cushions : (

hmm good plan frosteey

1) get drunk

2) order chair

This discussion has been closed.