As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of Shield] Thread is under quarantine for potential Captain America 2 spoilers!

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    You know what's awesome? Fitz and Simmons.

Also, Fitz really needs a monkey.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Delmain wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    OH JESUS FUCKING HELL STOP TALKING ABOUT THE NICETIES OF GODDAMN BIKER CULTURE

THIS IS LITERALLY THE DUMBEST POSSIBLE ARGUMENT

IT HAS OBTAINED THE THEORETICAL MAXIMUM DUMBNESS POSSIBLE IN A THREAD ABOUT A SUPERHERO SPY SHOW

I'm mostly just worried because this thread tends to get mods in here every other week or so to tell us to stop talking about something completely useless.

What is it with this thread that is weird that other threads don't have?

If you're worried in the sense that you think the thread might get closed, that's not happening any time soon. If for no other reason than I love this show and want to talk about it with peeps. :smiley:

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    I can't wait until we get more information on the Deathlok program and Mike comes back.

I just hope that they figure out the scheduling next year, because it has been horrible this year.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Also, Fury was against nuking New York. He was concerned about collateral damage. No one on this team seem to be that bothered by what they've been doing.
    When has anybody on the show tried to nuke a city?
    The secret council wanted to do it during the battle of NYC in the Avengers movie. Its why Iron Man had to go to space throught the wormhole to blow up Loki's Alien army.
    ...yes, lol, but I was asking about the characters on the Bus. KoMC was stating that the Bus kids were unconcerned with collateral damage, which doesn't seem to be supported by anything.

In the episode where Ward had to take the place of the agent with the bionic eye, he shot a bunch of random security guards.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was kinda weird. He totally doesn't have a night-night gun either.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Don't worry, no one stays dead in Comic Books but Uncle Ben. Why would the Movieverse be any different?

Don't worry, no one stays dead in Comic Books but Uncle Ben. Why would the Movieverse be any different?

I was going to disagree on this, but then I realized that Coulson set the precedent already, didn't he?

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    OH JESUS FUCKING HELL STOP TALKING ABOUT THE NICETIES OF GODDAMN BIKER CULTURE

THIS IS LITERALLY THE DUMBEST POSSIBLE ARGUMENT

IT HAS OBTAINED THE THEORETICAL MAXIMUM DUMBNESS POSSIBLE IN A THREAD ABOUT A SUPERHERO SPY SHOW

I'm mostly just worried because this thread tends to get mods in here every other week or so to tell us to stop talking about something completely useless.

What is it with this thread that is weird that other threads don't have?

nerds1.jpg

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

you know it speaks the quality of the show lately that i have been completely distracted from the fact that Fitz still does not have a monkey. thank you for bring my attention back to this obvious oversight on the part of the show runners.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

you know it speaks the quality of the show lately that i have been completely distracted from the fact that Fitz still does not have a monkey. thank you for bring my attention back to this obvious oversight on the part of the show runners.

Goddamn it, Brainiac. What have you done?

Wraith260 wrote: »

Goddamn it, Brainiac. What have you done?

he's reminded me of the greatest injustice in television history, that's what he's done.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Injustice Monkey, a SHIELD spin off, coming next fall to ABC.

You heard it here first folks.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    The trailers for Captain America 2 that features Cap literally jumping out of an airplane without a parachute makes the "I'm Agent Ward I just jumped out of an airplane without a parachute" jokes funnier

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • sam16sam16 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    So, Marvel's released a couple of images of Deathlok and they're, uhh:
    p4w6e6i.jpg
    8UD7FTw.jpg

sam16 on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nothing that surprising. And not that terrible, but obviously different enough from the comics version.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Looks pretty good. I'm hoping for a slow evolution and that eventually he gets the metallic face plate. I like the darker/metallic looking suit than his original costume from the comics.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    The stills make it look like a well-made Halloween costume, but production stills often look crappy compared to the final product, so I'm withholding judgment.

I'm stoked for some good J August Richards antics either way.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    I kinda wish he had gotten a bit more tore up so they had to replace more than just his leg. Him being zdeathlok just because of a robot leg and eye is really reaching for me. Deathlok is supposed to be a Frankenstien's monster of sorts.

I kinda wish he had gotten a bit more tore up so they had to replace more than just his leg. Him being zdeathlok just because of a robot leg and eye is really reaching for me. Deathlok is supposed to be a Frankenstien's monster of sorts.

its early yet, who knows what will happen in the future.

Nothing preventing the dude from being increasingly torn up until he's more machine than man. Probably more believable and empathetic if they go that route.

That defeats the point, IMO. Transitioning gives time to adapt, rather than being thrust into a complete transformation almost overnight.

Plus, like I said, calling him Deathlok NOW is what bugs me, not what will or will not happen in future episodes. :)

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Looks pretty good. I'm hoping for a slow evolution and that eventually he gets the metallic face plate. I like the darker/metallic looking suit than his original costume from the comics.

Face dots in the first picture look a lot like reference points for CGI work. Wonder if maybe the face plate will be added as CGI later.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    That defeats the point, IMO. Transitioning gives time to adapt, rather than being thrust into a complete transformation almost overnight.

Plus, like I said, calling him Deathlok NOW is what bugs me, not what will or will not happen in future episodes. :)
    Is anybody in-universe calling him that?

• SealSeal Registered User regular
    Apparently it is morphing time.

edited March 2014
    Actually, I don't care this much about it. You guys win.

Undead Scottsman on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

I don't believe they have directly, but they've referred to the Deathlok project, and I'm pretty sure the cyber leg that Skye saw was labeled Deathlok.
    They've definitely dropped Dethlok in conversation more then once at any rate.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

I don't believe they have directly, but they've referred to the Deathlok project, and I'm pretty sure the cyber leg that Skye saw was labeled Deathlok.
    They've definitely dropped Dethlok in conversation more then once at any rate.
    Exactly my point. He's still Mike Peterson, but he's also destined to be taken over by the machine.

Nothing preventing the dude from being increasingly torn up until he's more machine than man. Probably more believable and empathetic if they go that route.

Mike's life keeps getting worse. :(

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Mike's life keeps getting worse. :(

If the Deathlok series had run longer, it's likely he would have had Peter Parker levels of getting shit on. So Mike's life getting worse is about right.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I'm kind of psyched that they are making him Deathlok. When he was cast everyone was "It's Luke Cage!". I don't think anyone predicted the route they have taken.

edited March 2014
    ... Seriously Marvel? "Oh, here's a huge spoiler for Winter Soldier. Enjoy." (I mean, comic fans aren't going to be spoiled, but what about everyone else?)

Tomanta on
    How bad of spoiler?

How bad of spoiler?

Winter Soldier's identity.

edited March 2014
    How bad of spoiler?

Everything crucial about Winter Soldier from the comics.

Harry Dresden on
    Tomanta wrote: »
    How bad of spoiler?

Yeah, Marvel hasn't been the slightest bit coy about that spoiler. They spoiled the hell out of it on the red carpet.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Guys!!

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron spoiler
    Hulkbuster armor is gonna be in it

8dtXq7R.jpg

I am so excited

Joolander on
    Tomanta wrote: »
    How bad of spoiler?

Sebastian Stan being in the movie should have been a huge clue.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    sam16 wrote: »
    p4w6e6i.jpg
    8UD7FTw.jpg

The pants could be a little parachute-ier

edited March 2014
    Oops forgot which thread this was. Can't wait for new episodes.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    sam16 wrote: »
    p4w6e6i.jpg
    8UD7FTw.jpg

The pants could be a little parachute-ier

Haha, I thought the same thing.

But thinking about it... you have a robot leg: would you really want to wear skinny jeans or tights? It would either:

A. Show everyone that you very clearly have a robot leg, and/or
    B. Cause your robotleg to constantly get caught in fabric

Really, he should just go with a pair of Zack Ryder style pants and show off the robot leg. I mean, what's the point in having a bitching robo-leg if you aren't showing everyone?

This discussion has been closed.