As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    watching more frozen

the prince guy being evil is as disappointing as it was predictable

like it doesn't really match his behavior up until then

and it was nice to have a story where the girl's sorta realizing that her fiancee is a nice guy but maybe she rushed into this all too fast, without giving her an easy get-out-of-love free card

The plot of Frozen feels like it was partly just supposed to be a statement about Disney's changing values since their early films.

• Options
    029Foot.jpg
    Simon, what dis say?

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    OMG Metal Gear Ground Zeros Spoilers

WTF Kojima stop trying to be edgy

That bit really was kinda, hmmm, Gurmish, I think I'd call it.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    watching more frozen

and it was nice to have a story where the girl's sorta realizing that her fiancee is a nice guy but maybe she rushed into this all too fast, without giving her an easy get-out-of-love free card

The plot of Frozen feels like it was partly just supposed to be a statement about Disney's changing values since their early films.

Also the plot of frozen was rewritten several times well into production. Elsa was originally the villain. I believe the overly convincing nice act was 50% deliberate, 50% vestige.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    *sigh*

I've turned up to the COMP1927 tutorial, and not the lab because CSE apparently don't think marking these things distinctly is important.

This is mind-numbingly boring.

Meanwhile, I'm still feeling kind of screwed on my maths course.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    029Foot.jpg
    Simon, what dis say?

currently on mobile, so I am having a hard time parsing the smaller complicated kanji

but the heading to the right indicates it's about a succession of victories

a few of the guys are shouting banzai?

I'll take a better look when I get home!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    watching more frozen

Also the plot of frozen was rewritten several times well into production. Elsa was originally the villain. I believe the overly convincing nice act was 50% deliberate, 50% vestige.

You've made the family weaker as a unit, for knowing this trivia.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Frozen definitely feels like a movie that's gone through some drafts

Like as a general statement about where they are with princesses, it's great

and there's individual sequences which are pretty wonderful and ooooooh man some of that ice and snow animation is just awesome

But like Elsa's character arc doesn't really make much sense, even for a musical. It's literally like "Oh yeah, love, that's a thing!" all problems solved

and honestly I really would have preferred it if the prince dude just turned out to be kind of a dick, rather than straight up evil, it really does feel like a bit of a cop-out

So I don't like it as much as Tangled, but gad dang is it worth watching for the good bits

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    wtf

the home phone just rang

who the hell calls at 2:30am

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    wtf

the home phone just rang

furriners

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    wtf

the home phone just rang

wtf.

Ive had family members call for bullshit reasons like at 8:15 right after we put the kiddo to bed, worst part being THEY KNOW that his bed time.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    wtf

the home phone just rang

The pizza boy has a spare and wanted you to have it

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    welp

hope that wasn't too big of a Frozen spoiler there

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    A triumph of computer programming. In a lab about the benefits of abstract data types, we jump through a bunch of hoops to avoid using explicit void* pointers and malloc, and instead just hide a type which is actually a pointer to a struct that doesn't look like a pointer, but completely screws up if you malloc to from it.

I'm mystified by the thought chain which concluded this was simpler then just explaining void pointers.

EDIT: I mean to be clear, the lab was "store a bunch of ints", and for some reason I'm memcpy'ing into char[] arrays because we have to use some given data type for it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Those all sound like the reasons I gave up on computer science. Those and the stench

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    I can't sleep because snot everywhere.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    1pm - Brother contacts me telling me he's getting 5150'd by the doctor under state law.
    5pm - Psych hospital FINALLY puts effort into contacting us about what's going on. Tells us he can come home in an hour.
    7pm - I call to demand answers of what's going on, am told not to expect a time until he's seen the doctor for the formality.

It's now almost midnight.

• Options
    Ok seriously, why do this?
    typedef struct tag {
      Bool openingTag;
      char tagName[256];
    } *Tag;

typedef Tag Item;

Why do this when you expect people to use "Item" types and fill them with data. It's abstract all right - in the sense that you've abstracted away comprehension.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    1pm - Brother contacts me telling me he's getting 5150'd by the doctor under state law.
    5pm - Psych hospital FINALLY puts effort into contacting us about what's going on. Tells us he can come home in an hour.
    7pm - I call to demand answers of what's going on, am told not to expect a time until he's seen the doctor for the formality.

It's now almost midnight.

pretty typical honestly

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Unless he's under 18 and you're his legal guardian

or you have power of attorney

the hospital doesn't have to tell you shit

no matter how many times you demand it

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Unless he's under 18 and you're his legal guardian

or you have power of attorney

the hospital doesn't have to tell you shit

no matter how many times you demand it

Well I mean, he needs to be picked up. He originally went to an appointment regarding his hearing, then they carted him across the city. He made it clear that we are his contact point for pickup.

They better have fed him and at least provide somewhere he can sleep for the night, because this is kind of bullshit. He was clear to come home barring a formality hours and hours ago.

• Options
    Most emergency psych services departments aren't going to release a patient at midnight, honestly.

it sucks to not know what's going on, and it sounds like the hospital is pretty disorganized.

but at this point there's nothing you can do except put your phone's ringer on loud, put it on your nightstand, and try to get some sleep.

• Options
    I'm not staying up nor expecting them to call at this point. I'm just throwing my little fit about the state of California having some shit laws / execution of those laws.

Have I mentioned you have to buy grocery bags from stores in my city? They didn't prohibit particular kinds of bags or offer permanent, keepable bags. They just make you pay for them. Because it'll save the environment somehow.

HIPPIES.

• Options
    Oh, I know.

• Options
    Oh, I know.

Feral what happened to my beautiful home state. You were supposed to take care of it while I was in Texas sewing dissent.

• Options
    FWIW, if you're in Alameda County, he's at John George in San Leandro. It's a comfortable facility - it got renovated about 10 years ago. But it does get really busy because they have to take in all of the mentally ill in crisis in Oakland, and if you've walked down Broadway at night you know that's a lot of crazies.

It sucks that they can't give you a straight answer. Honestly they'll probably wait until they're discharging him and he's sitting waiting for a ride before they call you.

• Options
    tumblr_muc5s50k7C1reygj3o1_500.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    at least I've heard that it's comfortable from somebody who has been there

never been inside of it personally.

just picked up somebody from there a couple of times

• Options
  • Options
    Good luck, Henroid.

• Options
    Good night, chat.

• Options
    FWIW, if you're in Alameda County, he's at John George in San Leandro. It's a comfortable facility - it got renovated about 10 years ago. But it does get really busy because they have to take in all of the mentally ill in crisis in Oakland, and if you've walked down Broadway at night you know that's a lot of crazies.

It sucks that they can't give you a straight answer. Honestly they'll probably wait until they're discharging him and he's sitting waiting for a ride before they call you.

San Leandro is where I lived before I moved to Texas. We're in Santa Clara County though.

Goodnight Feral, and thanks.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @dread pirate arbuthnot

Cass, no matter how bad you may feel...you can always laugh at pictures of Rob Ford.

YARnJ7X.jpg?1

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    holy shit Kylie Minogue's new video

GODDAMN that woman is flawless

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You know the difference between funny pictures of Rob Ford and the actual person Rob Ford?

Funny pictures of Rob Ford are going to get old someday.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Budget day today. Wooooo austerity green shoots

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Budget day today. Wooooo austerity green shoots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xFdfc4VnL8

• Options