As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Variable wrote: »
    @elki I'm fully back in the groove of podcasting in the car, what are you enjoying right now?

I'm knee deep in earwolf of course but sort of lost beyond that. I have radiolab, twit related shows (have rarely listened but I like leo laporte), the basic smodcast stuff... tell me what's good
    What's ear wulf?

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Mornin' [chat]!

I am le tired.

sig.gif
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    aRkpc.gif
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Also, I sent an email to a dude I've met. Addressed it to "John" he's replied and gone all "Dr Jojo" on me. Are we escalating formality? Is that the game? Right then "Dear Sir" it is.

If you want to send a letter to a judge you have to add the gerundive The Honorable, naturally, but then you also have to include the official name of the courthouse and the full name of the jurisdiction. This results in some stupid-ass shit:

The Honorable Mojo Jojo
    United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan United States Courthouse
    500 Pearl Street
    New York, NY 10007-1312

Do you add "Right" in front of honourable for court of appeal and above?

England does

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Also, I sent an email to a dude I've met. Addressed it to "John" he's replied and gone all "Dr Jojo" on me. Are we escalating formality? Is that the game? Right then "Dear Sir" it is.

If you want to send a letter to a judge you have to add the gerundive The Honorable, naturally, but then you also have to include the official name of the courthouse and the full name of the jurisdiction. This results in some stupid-ass shit:

The Honorable Mojo Jojo
    500 Pearl Street
    New York, NY 10007-1312

England does

Not usually.

We also don't make them wear powdered wigs.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The decision to divorce newsposts and comics on the PA main site is weird. Quite often I need the news to know what the topic of the comic is :(

That's because it was a needless redesign. See also the mobile site.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    The decision to divorce newsposts and comics on the PA main site is weird. Quite often I need the news to know what the topic of the comic is :(

the direction to use the comic threads as forum comments is sensible, but the vanilla devs are being too ambitious i think

the result is a very rushed-out implementation of the targeted features

clunky, fragile

aRkpc.gif
    knitdan wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »

The Honorable Mojo Jojo
    500 Pearl Street
    New York, NY 10007-1312

England does

Not usually.

We also don't make them wear powdered wigs.

Oh so you hate tradition eh?

I don't recall what the rule with wigs is at the higher courts but it is possible that it isn't a requirement

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Rejected from by BP.

To be fair, thank god. I'm not sure how happy I'd have been about that in the long run.

Oil & Gas is a weird industry. I'm trying to steer my role more towards fun renewables but then I do things like speak to guys doing NMR flow metering for mixed-phase (i.e. oil pipelines) and I'm all "Damn son that science is hot, yo" and then we drink fancy scotch and raise our eyebrows.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

the direction to use the comic threads as forum comments is sensible, but the vanilla devs are being too ambitious i think

the result is a very rushed-out implementation of the targeted features

clunky, fragile

I have no idea what th egoal was but it's annoying as fuck to get to the only two things I care about:
    the comic and the post about the comic

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    cz2ww55y63de.jpg

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Rejected from by BP.

To be fair, thank god. I'm not sure how happy I'd have been about that in the long run.

Oil & Gas is a weird industry. I'm trying to steer my role more towards fun renewables but then I do things like speak to guys doing NMR flow metering for mixed-phase (i.e. oil pipelines) and I'm all "Damn son that science is hot, yo" and then we drink fancy scotch and raise our eyebrows.

I wish I worked in a field that would feel more rewarding from a social perspective but oh wells. Most likely aerospace so my only other option and it has a host of moral issues as well.

I would have loved to do biomedical stuff but I don't think they're super keen on pure MechEs and the major companies are out of state. I do get to do so!e cool stuff engineering wise and the money is p. Good in the oil and gas sector.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Rejected from by BP.

I wish I worked in a field that would feel more rewarding from a social perspective but oh wells. Most likely aerospace so my only other option and it has a host of moral issues as well.

I would have loved to do biomedical stuff but I don't think they're super keen on pure MechEs and the major companies are out of state. I do get to do so!e cool stuff engineering wise and the money is p. Good in the oil and gas sector.

Pure MechEs can totally work in the medical space. Surgical robotics and diagnostics systems should be all about that.

Also, are you based in Houston? I am in Houston next week. We could have a beer.

In an entirely predictable turn of events the late train is running late

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    My grandmother turns 90 on Sunday. Going to send a card and call on Sunday.

Need to go down south for a visit sometime soon, haven't been there since 2009.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Rejected from by BP.

Assuming this is BP the company, they're all gigantic arseholes.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man this Malaysia flight jest gets weirder every day

fucking Cosmo

tumblr_n2lomztfjh1r0k74io1_500.jpg

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    fucking Cosmo

tumblr_n2lomztfjh1r0k74io1_500.jpg

They keep republishing that one. It's like 15 years old at this point.

Like I dont think even if it was my ladys fetish could I put my dick through a donut.

My penis and a donut are streams that you must NEVER cross.

Also I hate the ambiguous nature of the raven, what part of that are you commenting on Ell?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    last week I saw a Terry Pratchett lookalike on the bus. Hat and all.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    good morning friends

Echo wrote: »
    last week I saw a Terry Pratchett lookalike on the bus. Hat and all.

Here have a raven.

HOW DO YO LIKE THEM APPLES HUH ECHO!

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Rejected from by BP.

Pure MechEs can totally work in the medical space. Surgical robotics and diagnostics systems should be all about that.

Also, are you based in Houston? I am in Houston next week. We could have a beer.

I want alcohol and employment too :(

Rejected from by BP.

I want alcohol and employment too :(

Australia has no jobs and has never had any jobs ever. Unless you're a miner. So become a miner.

I don't have any gigs (comedy or music going) till the end of April.

Harumph.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Abolish the reaction system.

All Ravens and no sense make broar something something

theshinning.jpg

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    ...go crazy?

Anyways story time

ladyroar had taken her clarinet in for repairs 6 months ago, she called after they never got back to her and the price she was quoted was well over what it should be but I said go ahead cause she wanted it. So a while later after a long period of silence again she called and they said it was missing! Couple days later someone called her to tell here there was a mistake and they found it.

So she called and asked about the repairs again they said they had no idea where that price came from and that it would be significantly cheaper so she said ok do it. She called yesterday after being fed up and they told her that it wasn't done because they were waiting on the go ahead from her.

Angry she told them not to bother she was coming to pick it up, when she got there they didnt even have it on site they had to go across the street to their repair shop to pick it up. And they didnt even apologise to her.

Seriously unprofessional conduct and this is a well knows chain of music stores.

Man this Malaysia flight jest gets weirder every day

I heard that the plane had several treasure chests full of Bitcoins being smuggled by a shadowy Japanese group.

I could go to sleep right now.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Good day redrum [chat].

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    1qaeubec7bse.jpg

This is a tombstone

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Dedicated to a hero of the first Mars invasion?

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    1qaeubec7bse.jpg

This is a tombstone

No, it's a boss fight in Half Life.

• GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    what kind of scrub tier penis fits in a donut hole?

Greeper wrote: »
    what kind of scrub tier penis fits in a donut hole?

yours

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    "We will glorify war - the world's only hygiene - militarism, patriotism, the destructive gesture of freedom-bringers, beautiful ideas worth dying for, and scorn for woman." --The Founding and Manifesto of Futurism, by F.T. Marinetti

"...and the fact that you move so beautifully more or less takes care of Futurism." --Having a Coke with You, by Frank O'Hara

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
This discussion has been closed.