As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Renegade [Chat]

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    there is a weaboo working somewhere at npr

they used anime music during a bump advertising steve inskeep's story on the US-Mexico border

I am approximately 2 animes for being able to recognize this

know the anime

kill the anime

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also Pixel Piracy looks adorable

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Basically I've spent the last two days in work reading about wrestling.
    Kayfabe and real life came into serious conflict on June 25, 2007, when the actual death of Chris Benoit necessitated an appearance by WWE chairman Vince McMahon on his Raw program which aired that same day, even though the character of Mr. McMahon had been "killed" in an automobile explosion on a previous episode.

The worst part of that episode was the tribute section. All full of genuine heartfelt tributes to a friend. Then there's William Regal's where he looks really uncomfortable. Apparently his bit was one of the last filmed and he'd heard some of the rumours leaking out about what had actually happened.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    wat up wangs

Planet Explorers looks like it may be the next great disappointment of my life.

only if you buy it

well of course i'll buy it

what do you think i do all day long?

learn lessons?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbgbLfDIVUQ

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    man i haven't listened to 2112 in probably a decade or more

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Basically I've spent the last two days in work reading about wrestling.
    Kayfabe and real life came into serious conflict on June 25, 2007, when the actual death of Chris Benoit necessitated an appearance by WWE chairman Vince McMahon on his Raw program which aired that same day, even though the character of Mr. McMahon had been "killed" in an automobile explosion on a previous episode.

The worst part of that episode was the tribute section. All full of genuine heartfelt tributes to a friend. Then there's William Regal's where he looks really uncomfortable. Apparently his bit was one of the last filmed and he'd heard some of the rumours leaking out about what had actually happened.

I watched that episode, not for the wrestling, but because I was a big benoit fan back in the "four horsemen" days and was curious if they were going to say anything.

That whole thing was so painful to watch.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    man i haven't listened to 2112 in probably a decade or more

It still holds up.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    so i went to the soft open for a new spot in my hood

the people there running it were super nice and upbeat and i want them to do well

and it LOOKS absolutely great, very contemporary ny feel

but i went out to eat with my buddy who's a chef

and it was just so awkward

it's like it's being run by people who have never actually worked in a restaurant before

so while there was stuff that you expect to happen on opening night, like pos communication problems, serving stuff to the wrong table, etc etc

there were many little things like the oysters improperly shucked and served in an oyster tin without ice or salt and no mignonette, even though they big emphasis seems to be cocktails and oyster bar, no food runner (the cooks were running the food themselves), and having just a bizarre cocktail list -- who has creme de menthe as in ingredient in TWO of your ten cocktails?!

so the manager/owner came over once he found out we were in the industry and we didn't have the heart to really tell him all this stuff. i just gave him my email and said to shoot me an email any time he wanted some feedback

i really hope he doesn't email me though...

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    ifthereisagodhewillhavetobegformyforgiveness.jpg
    or probably not jewish as it's from the Mauthausen camp which had a jewish minority but anyway

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Urrggghhh.

The hot end on my 3D printer isn't warming up properly.

That does it - I'm moving all the electronics to their own dedicated, accessible box. You have to tear this thing down too often at the moment.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    mqsgloiyoqgjn68rxlkw.jpg

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I like Lincoln's sneakers.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    DUNK OF FREEDOM

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Can eggs be used to polish shoes? if they can't then that means I dreamt it, which is a really odd thing to dream about.

Dynagrip wrote: »
    Can eggs be used to polish shoes? if they can't then that means I dreamt it, which is a really odd thing to dream about.

doesn't sound very likely

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

only one way to find out

take out your nicest pair or, failing that, buy the most expensive pair of shoes you can afford

and polish them

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Got the written offer from GD today. Lower than I want. Called, they are seeing if there is a bit more and can bump it up. Probably will take it anyway to just be working long term and get my foot in the door. Still super bummed.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Podly wrote: »
    so i went to the soft open for a new spot in my hood

the people there running it were super nice and upbeat and i want them to do well

and it LOOKS absolutely great, very contemporary ny feel

but i went out to eat with my buddy who's a chef

and it was just so awkward

it's like it's being run by people who have never actually worked in a restaurant before

so while there was stuff that you expect to happen on opening night, like pos communication problems, serving stuff to the wrong table, etc etc

there were many little things like the oysters improperly shucked and served in an oyster tin without ice or salt and no mignonette, even though they big emphasis seems to be cocktails and oyster bar, no food runner (the cooks were running the food themselves), and having just a bizarre cocktail list -- who has creme de menthe as in ingredient in TWO of your ten cocktails?!

so the manager/owner came over once he found out we were in the industry and we didn't have the heart to really tell him all this stuff. i just gave him my email and said to shoot me an email any time he wanted some feedback

i really hope he doesn't email me though...

tell him to burn it all to the ground

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    mqsgloiyoqgjn68rxlkw.jpg

looks like a brandon bird painting

wire transfer from the mortgage company came through. i am officially a home owner now. wut wut.

wbwbbsdegu48.jpg

• YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Eggs have a protein that is used as a bonding agent to keep paint pigments on the applied surface, but I doubt it makes a good polishing agent.

this one blog i found on the internet says that they can be.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    i see a red door

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    cute little house dyna! congrats!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Downside of airbrushing: cat hair.

I spend the first couple of minutes blowing the loose fur out of my spray box.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Echo. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I wonder where the termites went.

aRkpc.gif
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I wonder where the termites went.

You are the termites.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    cool video of meshuggah's light operator, incase anyone was wondering how lighting works for shows

(basically you have programmed "patches" in DMX so that they point in a specific direction / move in a certain way, but then you still have to "play" them with the music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MiSr8iNwWsw

@tav

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Geth do no such thing

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Geth, a man chooses. A slave obeys.

Dog, do Geth's job for him.

haha dyna you fool

now the whole internet knows you live somewhere with trees

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    apparently there's a lot of anti-flouride people in ireland

or at least in this comment section i'm reading

hmm

Isn't someone trying to take the Irish government to the high court over it?
    Some charlatan that claims to be a nutritionist or something like that, from what I remember.

sig.gif
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @‌ If you can do it constructively, with kindness, you should give him honest feedback.

This is the dude's business. He's probably into debt to make it happen. Find that spot of genuine kindness and tell the dude what he needs to hear.

HerrCron wrote: »
    apparently there's a lot of anti-flouride people in ireland

or at least in this comment section i'm reading

hmm

Isn't someone trying to take the Irish government to the high court over it?
    Some charlatan that claims to be a nutritionist or something like that, from what I remember.

These are one and the same.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Congrats dyna, talking with a banker later today myself.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    haha dyna you fool

now the whole internet knows you live somewhere with trees

Dibs on the treehouse if built

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
This discussion has been closed.