As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Renegade [Chat]

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    So the wife comes home last night and we chat about our days at work. Ten minutes in she drops "We lost a baby today."

I mean that pretty much always is going to make my work issues seem petty. But then the rest of the story - spoilering it because its a bummer
    The baby was Ugandan. He was 9 months old. He needed an organ transplant, which is not likely there. So she sells everything she owns in order to get to Boston, manages to get asylum and on the organ transplant wait list and spends several weeks at Children's Hospital keeping her kid alive so maybe he can get a transplant. She had just started to allow herself to hope, smiling and playing with her baby. Then the kid started cranking and crying a few nights ago and they found he was bleeding internally. They managed to repair the bleeding but the damage was severe enough that he could not have survived the transplant process and they had to let him go. Now the Mom is homeless in a foreign country and her baby is dead.

Tends to make my problems seem really small

there's a mitchell and webb skit for this if you need a pick me up.

already done did

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    So my parents thought their 72" TV in the living room was broken and bought a new one.

My and my buddy go over there to set-up the new and my buddy says he will take the broken one to see if he can use it (we suspected it was not really broken).

Sure enough, nothing is wrong. They just had it displaying SD so they thought it was fuzzy and broken.

Now my friend has a fully functioning 72" TV for free.

Hmmm.

They're your parents.

Why the fuck don't you have a 72" TV for free

My house is too small for that.

It would look stupid in my living room.

Which is sad but it's the truth.

-_-

There's no such thing as a tv that's too big.

Still trying to convince my wife to let me remove most of an exterior wall and mount a giant TV into it.

dude, outdoor projector.

way better.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    So my parents thought their 72" TV in the living room was broken and bought a new one.

My and my buddy go over there to set-up the new and my buddy says he will take the broken one to see if he can use it (we suspected it was not really broken).

Sure enough, nothing is wrong. They just had it displaying SD so they thought it was fuzzy and broken.

Hmmm.

They're your parents.

-_-

Still trying to convince my wife to let me remove most of an exterior wall and mount a giant TV into it.

Then you can watch Fahrenheit 451 on it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Hmmm.

They're your parents.

-_-

I don't know a ton about light construction but I would guess an exterior wall is both load bearing and contains shit like insulation that you wouldn't want to remove

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

Hmmm.

So your parents wasted their money and your friend has their TV. That's dumb and someone should have performed the filial duty of tech support for their elders before a new tv was purchased.

So like

Is your friend going to give them the $1500-$thousands the old TV is probably still worth?

old people have basically destroyed our planet and ruined any chance of a future for our generation

i think they can afford to come off a tv here and there

Young people have forsaken any hope of living in a non-autistic society by living pressed against a cellphone or wearing a google glass

No one deserves a TV of any age

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Hmmm.

They're your parents.

-_-

I don't know a ton about light construction but I would guess an exterior wall is both load bearing and contains shit like insulation that you wouldn't want to remove

no prob get a plasma they radiate heat like whoa fyi hth

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Also older people who are in decent financial shape tend to have already made their minds up. They just wanted a new TV. Who knows their real reason? It's probably super petty, but that's how boomers roll.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

@Deebaser‌

god it looks so horrible. like every single one of those mixed drinks looks disgusting and their beer list seems like it's curated solely on the basis of whether the name of the beer would fit into a D&D campaign.

i dunno. good luck to them trying to open a business appealing to nerds. nerds are the cheapest motherfuckers on the planet when it comes to spending on food + drink.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

Hmmm.

They're your parents.

-_-

i thought you were a shark

but now i see you're just a stick in the mud

919UOwT.png

Hmmm.

They're your parents.

-_-

no prob get a plasma they radiate heat like whoa fyi hth

i like where you're going with this but he lives in Texas so he needs a hyper cooled LED

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Hmmm.

So your parents wasted their money and your friend has their TV. That's dumb and someone should have performed the filial duty of tech support for their elders before a new tv was purchased.

So like

Is your friend going to give them the $1500-$thousands the old TV is probably still worth?

We told them it was not broken. Would be downright rude not to!

They don't care though. They swim in a sea of money. They just laughed it off and said "Well enjoy the new TV!"

Do they want to adopt me

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I love this new Italian sandwich joint. They refuse to call their panini anything but a sandwich, the chef looks seedy as hell and it is one of the best paninis I've ever had. The bread is the perfect mix between crisp and soft and the ingredients, lamb ragout today, full of flavour

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    oh yeah, since my buddy really thinks the track i sent him is a serious dance floor track, i get to work on weird techno stuff today

not the question is do i feel like doing some drone programming or broken beats?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Gooey wrote: »

Hmmm.

They're your parents.

-_-

i thought you were a shark

but now i see you're just a stick in the mud

that's so weird I thought you were a gooby but now I see you are a bucket of chum

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    The cousin of my ex has the hots for one of the new guys at hulen and they're both so young and clueless it is so adorable

lock them both in a utility closet and see how long it takes to hear sounds of fucking

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Hmmm.

So like

They don't care though. They swim in a sea of money. They just laughed it off and said "Well enjoy the new TV!"

Do they want to adopt me

The only way in now is to start dating someone in the family.

Your choices are me, my younger brother or my older sister.

Get to work!

Hmmm.

So like

Do they want to adopt me

Get to work!

don't choose the sister she has poor financials fyi hth

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i bet you will see alot of this a that bar
    1969263_10152247216516136_93773331_n.jpg

9pr1GIh.jpg?1

Hmmm.

So like

Do they want to adopt me

Get to work!

are those stars in your pants because your ass is out of this world

:winky:

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I finished House of Cards, need new TV to watch. Chat recommend me something

something good

Justified

I shall give it another shot!

HOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh brilliant
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Huh. According to scale height measuring thing I'm now barely 6'1.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    protip

if someone calls you and starts out with "this is not a sales call", it is a sales call

919UOwT.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Kinda curious as to how it is possible to lose an inch though.

I'd just like to reiterate that if any of you cheap ass nerds try to flake on paying your portion (including a baller tip) at the fancy dinner I will personally shank you in the bathroom.

Cinders wrote: »

I used to be 6'3", almost 6'4". I am 6'1" now. Spinal compression can do it.

Ludious wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

They had an easy 6 there.

"Are actually werewolves" should be #1

I do like to howl at the moon sometimes...

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So my buddy (same one that got the bombastic TV) is struggling with convincing his now GF to shave/trim what he describes as her medieval bush.

Any suggestions to offer him?

there go your dreams of playing in the NBA

bone shrinkage from the estrogen

this is a pun i am not a bone doctor

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

i grew an inch in my 30s

went from 6'0" to 6'1"

Wqdwp8l.png
    So my buddy (same one that got the bombastic TV) is struggling with convincing his now GF to shave/trim what he describes as her medieval bush.

light it on fire while she's sleeping

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

Deebaser‌

god it looks so horrible. like every single one of those mixed drinks looks disgusting and their beer list seems like it's curated solely on the basis of whether the name of the beer would fit into a D&D campaign.

i dunno. good luck to them trying to open a business appealing to nerds. nerds are the cheapest motherfuckers on the planet when it comes to spending on food + drink.

I agree on the mixed drinks.

Some of the beers are actually good like Left Hand Milk Stout and most things out of Rogue are pretty decent. Beer wise it is okay.

Mixed drinks are kind of wtf.

u7stthr17eud.png

Learn to love a natural lady? I mean if she has hygiene issues that's one thing. But untrimmed vs hygiene are not necessarily the same thing. I would turn around and ask him why he wants his GF to look like an 8 year old girl

accept the fact this is a horrible plan

i'm a bone doctor

9pr1GIh.jpg?1

bone shrinkage from the estrogen

this is a pun i am not a bone doctor

yet he insists on calling himself Dr. Bone

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

-Deebaser‌

Yeah, some of those mixed drinks should land them at the Hague

I'm not really sure where to get started with Kahlua, black rum, ginger beer, lime juice, and bitters

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
This discussion has been closed.