As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THEY TOOK OUR JERB thread so here is the new one. [Job Thread]

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I graduated from high school in '08 and was from a relatively well off district (thanks second home owners!) so I feel like for my school size (My class was 55 students) we had nice things.

The pizza was made with a frozen crust, a big bag of shredded cheese, and some bulk sliced pepperoni. Slightly above most frozen pizzas, generally.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    WeMakGudRobotEmotInterfacKidsLernWillUnleashDethbotIf0Grant?

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    and that still leaves room for a tiny ascii image of a robot cutting off a bureaucrats head.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Got out of a company meeting over the subject of the season opening up. We have buses not built for driving on the right side of the road, the company whose monopoly we broke in another city is moving to DC, and I'm pretty sure I heard the GM say we don't need a union.

On the plus side I talked with the head of tour guides about switching from sales to guiding. I can probably start training after the cherry blossom festival finishes.

VRXwDW7.png
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    Today is my birthday.

This means the office gets to listen to Manowar.

My Mabari warhound and I are Kings of Metal.

gwy38lkdui2j.jpg

easysig2.jpg
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    @tynic "Funders will get amnesty. Everyone else will get a cold metal foot across their windpipe."

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Stale wrote: »
    Today is my birthday.

Our Favorite Lich

Happy Telling Death To Fuck Off For Another Year

Hunter on
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Justify why your project should get a 300,000 Euro grant, in 700 words. Well it's something of a challenge, but I accep- oh wait, I misread that. 700 characters?????

"In order to save on processing costs, all grant applications will now be submitted via Twitter."
    #please
    #thinkoftherobits

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Today at the zoo I tried to teach a 79-year-old fellow volunteer how to play videos from a usb stick. At one point she asked how to get out of one video and play another. I said "press 'back'". She turned the remote over and looked at the back of it.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    The two people in the cubes across from me have been debating pot pies for the last thirty minutes.

I have never learned so much about pot pies.

I'll be right over. I have some fucking opinions.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    Today is my birthday.

Our Favorite Lich

Happy Telling Death To Fuck Off For Another Year

And if we are all not brothers of metal, would we fall?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Today is my birthday.

gwy38lkdui2j.jpg

Good job getting up every day and taking a big steaming dump in the Reaper's Cheerios, Stale.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I think our oracle consultants don't like each other very much.

I further wonder what we are paying for when they won't answer straight questions of "what do you recommend?"

I have this strong suspicion that I'm just going to have to be quiet, smile, clench my butt and hang on for the ride on this one.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Oh Oracle. I think I'd rather wail myself in the balls with a bat than deal with Oracle, especially Oracle consultants.

The one silver lining - calling them during a deployment at 1 AM because what they said would work didn't work and they have to come up with an answer on the spot.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Consultants just vary though. I worked with a ridiculously good consulting firm during an implementation last year.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I think these guys are on the ball, even if they aren't following the Oracle documentation and thus making it hard for me to follow along. I think one of them is just exasperated with questions and life and all sorts of other things.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    hmm

interesting

ui engineer manager is willing to do a 'part-time' trial run with me if i can figure it all out with my boss and hr.

if i do well/am a good fit, then i get the holy grail of a telecommute dev job.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    One hour until I leave this office forever.

My replacement is all set, and I'm sure it'll take a solid week or two before my boss realizes how badly he's shit the bed.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I'm sure it got said in the last thread, but I missed it, @#pipe What is your new gig?

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Bong designer, IIRC.

a5ehren wrote: »
    Bong designer, IIRC.

Can we call him the bonglord? I'd really like to.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    It's very similar to the last job I had before I left Australia

in that job I did packaging, product design and promotional design for an importer and wholesaler specializing in homeware and dinnerware.

This job I'm doing basically the same thing, only less packaging and more promotional, and the importer and wholesaler specializes in smoking accessories

bong_gear.jpg

requesting name change to #bong plz

Also I'm going to be doing very little product design in this job. I might be able to suggest some aesthetic tweaks, some branding/printing/colouring

but the actual workings of the devices are way over my head. Bongs have gotten friggin complicated man.

fuckin triple chamber ice pinch bong with honeycomb percolators and a double pullout made from 7mm colour-changing tempered glass

• Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    Gone are the days when all you had was an apple and a dream.

Apple? In my day all we had were coke cans. Potatoes worked pretty well too. Or so I've heard.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Apple? In my day all we had were coke cans. Potatoes worked pretty well too. Or so I've heard.

They do, but it's a less fun process to make the required modifications.

And I've just been notified of a conference call this afternoon with the head of our North American offices and the account manager about the client I'm in Seattle to support.

This does not have a good feeling to me. Return to LA imminent?

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Had one of those moments where I was probably way too honest with someone today.

Sorry I'm not sorry.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Today is my penultimate day at my current job.

Confession: I may have just wanted to say "penultimate".

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Today I was accused of tracking and reading idiot sons texts and emails

Today my boss and I met with the president of the biz consultant firm we work with to discuss plans for my transition and to get my boss's blessing on it.

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Today I was accused of tracking and reading idiot sons texts and emails

Today my boss and I met with the president of the biz consultant firm we work with to discuss plans for my transition and to get my boss's blessing on it.

Oh jeez man I hope that goes smoothly. Nepotism never ends well when it's arrayed against you. :|

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Mostly he was freaking out over some misinformation a dumb guy told him about the mobile device management software I have on all company phones. I unenrolled his phone from and that was good enough.

"I'm fine with you tracking [the other staff members] but not me; oh and I want you to set me up so I can track them too"

Gave him read-only access to the MDM portal and he can look at them all he wants.

Abracadaniel on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Leave approved. I really am going to Disneyland!

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Conference call went ok.
    Basically account rep and US head both apologized for the lack of work, and there's going to be another call tomorrow to discuss the client with the national team. And I am getting volunteered to do everyone else's billing, confirmations, and/or work.

:neutral_face:

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Who wants to come to Disneyland with me?

I should make a thread. But I want to have lunch first.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Which Disneyland are you going to?

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    I do not know how I will manage not to go insane before this interview next Monday.

I'm oscillating between thrilled and terrified and impatient.

This discussion has been closed.